PNW in a week!

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

PNW in a week!

Post by T-Pee »

Hi, all!

Coming up to the great PNW via Amtrak with the SOH to visit kids in Tacoma and Port orchard. Will be around from 11/7 for the week.
Hopefully I can run into a few of of the locals while in the neighborhood! :shifty:

tp
Bushman
Admin

Re: PNW in a week!

Post by Bushman »

Just got back yesterday from California, you might PM Bearriver and Cranky as they are in the general area. I live several hours away. You are about a week late on the nice weather as it has been raining all week here in the PNW.
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

Feller ought to try out the east side of the PNW, was 65 here yesterday and 72 on Friday
Had a bit of rain but on a half inch or so, still need more to get the wheat seeded

Hope you enjoy your visit

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I would very much enjoy making your acquaintance T-pee. Consider your wife and yourself invited anytime for a meal. If transportation or time does not allow it, then I can always come meet you at a watering hole somewhere.

Enjoy that ride along the coast. It's an amazing way to travel. :wave:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Hey T-P! Enjoy the train ride, deb and I had a great time going to Colorado, just don't expect to get anywhere fast! Bear will take care of you for sure, have fun you guys!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

BigBob one of my regrets on my last trip was not finding time to connect with you. Unfortunately when your one of four on a trip you don't get to make all the decisions. Did have a great stop on my way home in Redding visiting Jaybird and his Homebrew store. He has designed a great false bottom that he fits to any kettles.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

T-P, while in Port Orchard let me suggest you go to Heritage Distillery located in Gig Harbor (just a short distance from Port Orchard). It is considered one of the top and the owner has a law degree and has been a speaker at the National ADI conference. He makes a great product and they even have it set up for training future people that want to get into micro distilling.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Bushman wrote:BigBob one of my regrets on my last trip was not finding time to connect with you. Unfortunately when your one of four on a trip you don't get to make all the decisions. Did have a great stop on my way home in Redding visiting Jaybird and his Homebrew store. He has designed a great false bottom that he fits to any kettles.
No worries bushman..... I know how those things work. Glad you had a great time. We'll get together again for sure! :wave:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

I live a few miles north of Bushman, so likewise, out of the area you will be visiting! Sorry!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I'm in Seattle so food, drink, or if you need a place to stay we have a spare room.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Gonna be in Port Orchard all afternoon tomorrow. Maybe meet some of you fer a beer or two somewhere along Bay St?

tp
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I'm going to be rained off a job for a week straight after tomorrow. :cry:

Will you be available for a beer another day before you leave?
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I think something can be arranged.

tp
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Great fun meeting up with Euphoria yesterday at a local watering hole!
Had a couple of brews and a good chat exchanging pics of our respective rigs.

Nice meeting you, Greg! :thumbup:

tp
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

And I had a great time meeting you too T-Pee. Funny, after we started talking, it was like "Gee, we're twin brothers from different mothers." I was amazed at how much we have in common. I hope that you're trip up here remains enjoyable for you and your family, and look forward to seeing you again somewhere. Maybe S-3 if I can swing it, but it's a long push on that one because my SOH is still working for a living. Anyway, if you're up this way again on another trip, let's do it again! :thumbup:
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Well I picked up an indoor job so I doubt that I'll be able to make time for a meetup. I'm pretty darn disappointed to be perfectly honest... It looks like I'll just have to catch you at S316 if you go this year. :thumbup: :wave:

I hope you enjoyed the trip up here. It's too bad the weather didn't give you much of a break.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Hunh. Making a living vs. getting to meet me? Deplorable. :moresarcasm:
'sok. I'll be up here once in a while. One kid is moving to Texas shortly but another is still here. I also have business interests in the area.

Re: The weather. After living here for 22 years from 1980-2002 I consider this a "Welcome back. See what you're missing down in the land of four seasons?"
Uhhh....yeah.

As a past Cali guv once said, "I'll be back."

tp
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

T-Pee wrote: As a past Cali guv once said, "I'll be back."

tp
I hope so since I totally missed this post and you :( Let me know next time so I can try to meet the legendary T-Pee.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Sasquatch is legendary. I'm (more or less) real.
Hopefully next time, cranky. I'd enjoy picking the mind that would come up with arguably the single most important post on HD.

tp (and his mutual appreciation)
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

T-Pee wrote:I'd enjoy picking the mind that would come up with arguably the single most important post on HD.
:oops: You got to be careful when picking my mind, it's a strange and sometimes scary place and even I am afraid to go too deep :moresarcasm:
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

You got to be careful when picking my mind, it's a strange and sometimes scary place and even I am afraid to go too deep.
I think the same of my nose.Image

tp