Yak in Stratford Ontario this week..

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yak in Stratford Ontario this week..

Post by yakattack »

Hay guys. I'm in Stratford this week if there is anyone local (within an hour drive) that wants to meet up for a drink let me know. Free in the evenings.

Yak
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Yak in Stratford Ontario this week..

Post by pfshine »

Man you get around yak.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Follow the work. Have to put money in the bank. Sadly I have an all wheat ready to run for vodka and a booners casual corn ready to go... and I'm no where near my rig.

Yak
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
MDH
Distiller

Post by MDH »

I have family in Stratford. They are Dutch in Origin, but they have lived there since the 1960's.

It may not be the most exciting city in the world but the old city areas have a pleasant ambiance. I will be back sooner or later.
The still is not a liar. Mash and ferment quality is 99.9% of your performance.
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

Wish I could make it. I live outside of Chatham! :(
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Wish I could make but would be like 4-5 hours drive...

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Mdh- it's a quaint little city. One of many in Ontario. I happen to love the smaller town myself. If the weather was better I would make the drive to goderich for some rainbow fishing. But I didn't bring my gear and it's to cold lol.

Python- where abouts outside Chatham are you. I'm less then an hour from Chatham regularly so a meet up is very possible.

Bitter- I have a feeling I'll be up your way come late spring. So there's at least that to look forward to.

Did you ever find a good source of grains? If not I'll have to bring you a care package when I come through.

Yak
pythonshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pythonshine »

I live in blenhiem to be exact. Where abouts do you normaly go that is an hour away?
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Yak be nice to see you if you get this way. I have some Ujssm that should be decent by then. I'm sure it does not compare to your all grain though.

Not found a place for rye (Other than defalcoes) I get corn from the farmer or TSC (Farmers much better quality tastes good to even chew on it... Can get oats locally also... but no wheat or barely local yet... might be someone planing some next year..) With any luck I will get the electric controller for xmas so I can run again... have 12G of Ujssm ready to run and about 2.5G of feints @ 55-60% so I can try the making pure whiskey method. But the weather is not cooperating with me and Propane IMO as fast as it is one little bit of wind changes the BTU and makes controlling a reflux still more tricky.... That run should give me around 2G or 2.5G of 60% to age.

My next todo is an all rye UJSSM sure head until I can go all grain. I have a large cooler just need to rig for mashing... and the electric will allow me to get the water to temp pretty easily.

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Python. I'm from windsor . So if you ever want to get together let me know.

Bitter. If I make it up that way I'll load up on rye and wheat for ya. It's cheap here. Ten bucks for 50 lbs.

Little tip. If your going electric you can do that to get mashing without a controller. A steam cook for ag is the best option in my opinion.

Get a hdpe barrel that's about 20% bigger then your batch size. 4500 watts at 240v will bring 15 gallons of water to a boil in about 25 min. I cook 50 gallons at a time. And can do a full cook including running the grain through my mill in under 4 hours.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Thanks Yak,

Definitely let me know if you are heading my way! We will figure a list and I will have cash in hand for the grain.

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Anytime b. Us stillers got to stick together.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

yakattack wrote:Anytime b. Us stillers got to stick together.
Thanks man.. Have some UJSSM for when you come if I don't drink it all first ;)

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

bitter wrote:

B
Sounds good. I'll bring some of my all wheat vodka. And if your lucky some of this year's cider and brandy. Just got my co2 tank so I can carbonate and bottle it.

Might even freeze jack some of it for a dessert wine.
Probably do about 5 gallons.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

ive never played the game before but the next time i go im going to give this a try.

thanks for the tips cranky
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

yakattack wrote:
bitter wrote:

B
Sounds good. I'll bring some of my all wheat vodka. And if your lucky some of this year's cider and brandy. Just got my co2 tank so I can carbonate and bottle it.

Might even freeze jack some of it for a dessert wine.
Probably do about 5 gallons.
That sounds awesome! Can't wait!

B
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

rager wrote:ive never played the game before but the next time i go im going to give this a try.

thanks for the tips cranky

Wrong thread rager :p