ADI Conference

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Bushman
Admin

ADI Conference

Post by Bushman »

The ADI conference is April 4-7 in San Diego. I will be staying at one of my condo's so will not be staying at the conference hotel. I have a 2 bedroom condo and will be joined by Kapea (a member of another forum). I will have a rental car and when they come out with the conference times and schedules it would be great to set up a meeting like some of us did when it was in Seattle. Some attending the conference may not have transportation so if you live in the area or plan on attending the conference maybe we can setup a meet & greet.
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Re: ADI Conference

Post by DAD300 »

I'm 90% that I will be there...looking forward it!
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Shameful bump: Those that respond when it gets closer to the conference I will PM members and exchange cell numbers so we can connect.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Good idea, Bushman! I guess I will be over there ...

I'd love to meet all of ya.

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

If anyone is interested in attending I currently have a 2 bedroom sleeps 6 condo 2.3 miles from the conference. I would have to look closer but usually the master bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom is either a queen or two twins. The living room has a Murphy bed that is pretty comfortable so depending on the second bedroom I have room for 1 or two more if anyone is interested. Currently I will be sharing the condo with Kapea. I am not asking for any money as I booked it on my points so it is an offer for a free place to stay for any member I feel has been around a while and I would feel safe in meeting. PM me if interested and planning on attending the conference.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I am interested!

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Your first to reply so it's yours if you want it.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

If Odin doesn't want it I might be interested
3d0g
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 3d0g »

I'm all registered. Doing the White Labs workshop on Thursday. See you guys in San Diego!
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

I think a bunch of us are heading over to KillDevil's to pesh on their toilet seat... :lolno:
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
MDH
Distiller

Post by MDH »

3d0g wrote:I'm all registered. Doing the White Labs workshop on Thursday. See you guys in San Diego!
Let me know how that goes. I don't have the time to test each yeast individually, but my suspicion is that Burton Ale or London Ale would make really fine Whiskey if properly used. I have not been able to make a truly fruity spirit with either of them and am wondering if my pitching rate is poor.
The still is not a liar. Mash and ferment quality is 99.9% of your performance.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

50 bux for the gala? Dern :thumbdown:
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Guess we got a package deal cheaper if you register with a friend. Kapea and I are registering together, I fly in on the 3rd and leave on the 8th that gives me a day on either side of the conference.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Registration complete, if members want to hook up send me a PM with a cell number and we can figure how and when we can all get together.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I'll be in SD over then weekend on family business. Would like to meet ad greet if possible while I'm there.

tp
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I fly out in the morning, will see you tomorrow afternoon T-Pee. Looking forward to the next 5 days!
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Sitting at the airport waiting to board. Will check in again in 2 hours as I have a 4 hour layover in Portland.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just found a great way to kill time at the airport. House Spirits Distillery had a booth set-up with free tasting. The second phase of the flight should be relaxing. Tasted their gin, whiskey, and coffee liqueur. The coffee liqueur is different than mine as they used can sugar molasses.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Bushman wrote:Just found a great way to kill time at the airport. House Spirits Distillery had a booth set-up with free tasting. The second phase of the flight should be relaxing. Tasted their gin, whiskey, and coffee liqueur. The coffee liqueur is different than mine as they used can sugar molasses.
Tasting gin and whiskey before 10AM :thumbup:
MDH
Distiller

Post by MDH »

Speaking of San Diego, I recently discovered there is a distillery called Malahat Spirits. That's a name familiar to those on Vancouver Island. They named it after an actual ship: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malahat_(schooner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow)
The still is not a liar. Mash and ferment quality is 99.9% of your performance.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Oldvine Zin wrote:
Bushman wrote:Just found a great way to kill time at the airport. House Spirits Distillery had a booth set-up with free tasting. The second phase of the flight should be relaxing. Tasted their gin, whiskey, and coffee liqueur. The coffee liqueur is different than mine as they used can sugar molasses.
Tasting gin and whiskey before 10AM :thumbup:
Had to go back for the Aquavit, guess I missed one of their samples until I read the brochures.
apdb
Swill Maker
Location: big ole'island on the West Coast Canada, soon to be underwater when the big one hits

Post by apdb »

<off topic>

@ MDH and any history buffs from the PNW.... I posted up a couple cool links on the Malahat at the end of this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Aaron
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Apdb, will have a look at the link tonight after the first day of the conference when I have a bit more time to relax. Had a relaxing evening at the condo shared with Kapea and T-Pee. I served my rye whiskey and T-Pee purchased an excellent Pizza. T-Pee shared stories about last years S3 event that I missed but most of the time was spent just getting to know each other better and sharing life experiences.
Good time but now looking forward to registering and learning new things the next 4 days.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Hey Bushman, if you want some fun, get T-Pee to a karaoke bar and stand back! That guy has some pipes!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Bigbob wrote:Hey Bushman, if you want some fun, get T-Pee to a karaoke bar and stand back! That guy has some pipes!
After meeting T-Pee nothing surprises me. Unfortunately he only spent the night and headed home this morning.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

That's too bad. Between T-Pees singing and Jimbos guitar playing, S3 was an unforgettable event! Have fun down in Dago, and keep us posted!
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Bushman wrote:
Bigbob wrote:Hey Bushman, if you want some fun, get T-Pee to a karaoke bar and stand back! That guy has some pipes!
After meeting T-Pee nothing surprises me....
Thanks...I think. :ewink:

'Twas fun meeting you and Kapea, Bush-dude. Sorry it was a bit of a rush but you got off lightly.
Imagine the atmosphere around me after five days of serious tastin', eatin' and general carousing about the small town of Pagosa. :sarcasm:
I'll try to holler next time I'm in the PNW. Now to get an oaky care package or two together. :thumbup:

tp
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

July 9/10 get on up there "old man" :wave:
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Might give that a consider!

Oh! Bushman brought along a flask of some 100% rye he did. Lightly oaked with a whole vanilla bean/gallon.

Pure badassery. Image

tp
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just a quick update: Most of the information deals with legal issues pertaining to running your own craft distillery, etc. but attended one yesterday given by a couple engineers dealing with acoustic sound. What they are doing different than some members have tried here is wireless sound inside the barrels. They had a lot of data to show their results through testing the alcohol in labs unfortunately they do not have their PowerPoint online to share. One thing that was mentioned is that their results showed that 3 mo. with acoustic sound they were achieving the equivalent of 2-4 years in 5 gallon barrels.

At the vendor section one thing they were doing with oak is depending on if was for wine use or alcohol tying the sticks together like sausages (with alcohol the sticks were strung with SS wire) so that you can drop them in carboys without fighting to get them out later.
image.jpeg