PNW Meet 2016

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: PNW Meet 2016

Post by iwine »

my significant other wanted to visit with her sister in BC. So we had a chat and the timing look good to be there.I told her that the Washington Distiller's Festival in Seattle was on and that we should go. She thought it was a great idea. I will be there with bells on. :crazy: I was wondering if there are places around there that I could pitch a tent. A little camp ground or something.
I'm hoping that woodshed will be at that show I want one of his bottles or 2 or 3. I would bring one of mine but I'm not going to take a chance crossing the border with one. Oh I'm so looking forward to meeting you guys.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

iwine wrote:my significant other wanted to visit with her sister in BC. So we had a chat and the timing look good to be there.I told her that the Washington Distiller's Festival in Seattle was on and that we should go. She thought it was a great idea. I will be there with bells on. :crazy: I was wondering if there are places around there that I could pitch a tent. A little camp ground or something.
I'm hoping that woodshed will be at that show I want one of his bottles or 2 or 3. I would bring one of mine but I'm not going to take a chance crossing the border with one. Oh I'm so looking forward to meeting you guys.
I cross the border all the time just put it in a flask and they won't know it's store bought. We have a picnic/BBQ at Bearrivers the next day and hopefully Bigbob will come up from Cal and do is magic on the BBQ. We usually plan on wearing like the S3 shirts so we can recognize each other, if you don't have one then you will just find us.
iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by iwine »

picnic/BBQ at Bearrivers I wouldn't miss that for the world. I'll be there unless I'm
dead :angel: . I was thinking of ordering a Woodshed hat. Makes it easier to spot. I'm going to get VIP tickets

A friend of mine had about 60l of wine that oxidised and he was wanted to bottle this weekend :idea: So out of the kindness of my heart I told him i would take his full bottles and wash them all for him and it would only cost him 2 bottles of wine, :shh:

I have no one here yet to talk shop with.
FuelMaker
Swill Maker

Post by FuelMaker »

Bushman wrote:We usually plan on wearing like the S3 shirts so we can recognize each other, if you don't have one then you will just find us.
S3 shirts? Could you expound on this a bit please?
"A little bit of oops goes a long way."
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I am going into a slight rant but will bring it back on topic before posting. I just spent the first night in my own bed as many of you know I have been working on cleaning out my mother-in-laws house and moving her to assisted living. Yesterday we moved her from Seattle up to my town and into assisted living. Got her apartment set up but still a lot of work to get her house cleaned and ready to sell. I will miss the house in West Seattle over looking Vashon Island, the Olympic Mountain Range, and Puget Sound. The house will probably sell for over a million dollars and she has lived there since 1960. I will miss it because it gave me a place to stay while in Seattle. I stayed there for the National ADI Conference in 2014. And last years Proof. I do have a condo I can stay in downtown Seattle for this years Proof which might be better as I can take uber and not worry about driving. Looking forward to relaxing and meeting up with all of you again!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Continuing off topic Bushman - Holy shit the prices of homes here in Seattle have gone through the roof. Small places in my neighborhood are selling for well over a million, really thinking about checking out of my place and using the profits to start a small distillery east of the mountains. On topic I hope to see you all at proof - I'll be the one without a S3 shirt on (I got into this hobby about a year to late) :(
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Even though last year was great, I am not going to be able to make it this year. I am trying to see if I can get to the East Coast (if that's how you call it) S3 meeting, though.

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Odin wrote:Even though last year was great, I am not going to be able to make it this year. I am trying to see if I can get to the East Coast (if that's how you call it) S3 meeting, though.

Regards, Odin.
Since I was your point man last year helping you get a booth, the new manager of the event has been sending me emails. This year we will have to try and set up a time and place to get together. I don't have an S3 shirt but will were the iStill shirt I got from Odin.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Well I've been up in the woods for work the last two weeks, and when I got home I wanted to get tickets for proof today. Unfortunely they say it's sold out online. Does this mean I have to come in with the riff-raff? I liked the feeling of being a VIP! Anybody have any info?
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:Well I've been up in the woods for work the last two weeks, and when I got home I wanted to get tickets for proof today. Unfortunely they say it's sold out online. Does this mean I have to come in with the riff-raff? I liked the feeling of being a VIP! Anybody have any info?
According to their facebook tickets won't go on sale until May 10th at 9AM. Last year they said sold out until the day they actually went on sale.

https://www.facebook.com/ProofWashington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

I will be there! Have some decent corn whiskey and some gin to share!

PM to be sent for address.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

BaxtersDad wrote:I will be there! Have some decent corn whiskey and some gin to share!
Nice to see you back BaxtersDad
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

cranky wrote:
Bigbob wrote:Well I've been up in the woods for work the last two weeks, and when I got home I wanted to get tickets for proof today. Unfortunely they say it's sold out online. Does this mean I have to come in with the riff-raff? I liked the feeling of being a VIP! Anybody have any info?
According to their facebook tickets won't go on sale until May 10th at 9AM. Last year they said sold out until the day they actually went on sale.

https://www.facebook.com/ProofWashington" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Thanks cranky! I'll be checking it out on the tenth!
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Whoo Hoo! Just bought two VIP tickets for the Seattle Proof Event in Fremont. They are now on sale.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Count me in also!! Ticket bought, plane tickets bought, just need the hotel!! See you all in July!(now what to bring? :think: )
iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by iwine »

I got my 2 VIP tickets for proof :D see you there. The only thing is I don't have the cojones to cross the border with samples. :( I personally think its not worth taking a chance.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

iwine wrote:I got my 2 VIP tickets for proof :D see you there. The only thing is I don't have the cojones to cross the border with samples. :( I personally think its not worth taking a chance.
just use a commercial bottle, re-use the safety seal. bufflo trace has a foil safety that is easily removed and reinstalled.

declare it... "one bottle" for a friend... if you take 2, they'll look at you like yer a drunk...and ask for 3 bucks in federal tax.

all from experience. BTW, PF you owe me 3 bux.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Bigbob wrote:Count me in also!! Ticket bought, plane tickets bought, just need the hotel!! See you all in July!(now what to bring? :think: )
i stayed in the roosevelt downtown last year. it's a ways away, and a bit spendy, but damn that was a nice hotel room.

EDIT: maybe some sweetfeeed? :moresarcasm:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Thinking I'll stay in Kent again as it is centrally located. Hopefully I can catch a ride with bearriver to proof and then drive to the BBQ the next day. As to what to bring.... I have some apple brandy aging, hopefully it will be ready to be tasted by the masters( cranky and bushman!) and I guess I can't go any where without SWEETFEED!!! Can't wait to see everybody again! Hope you can make it HDNB!
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

cranky wrote:
BaxtersDad wrote:I will be there! Have some decent corn whiskey and some gin to share!
Nice to see you back BaxtersDad
Yes, I have been in Arizona in a big RV park for three months, and it just didn't seem prudent to pursue the hobby there! I lurked but didn't have anything to post...
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Hope to see you there BaxtersDad! Just read thru the '15 meet and can't wait for this one! Again anybody that's on the fence about going, don't hesitate, do it!! The experinance is awesome and the people are first rate!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote: I have some apple brandy aging, hopefully it will be ready to be tasted by the masters( cranky and bushman!)
I would hardly call me a master and I hope my brandies live up to expectations. I'm almost afraid to let others taste them. Hopefully I will be able to have some of my spirits there even if I am unable to make it. My life is in limbo right now and a whole lot of plans have been put on hold. I may be rather late to the party if I can make it. I would very much like to try your brandy Bigbob and anybody else's that may have some. I am rather happy with the apple brandy that I added the small amount of pear to and am planning on taking a bottle over a few days early to make sure it is there. I also have some grape brandy that should be pretty nice by then but it was a little one dimensional in January when I last tried it. So much else to consider, maybe some of the white apple I have in the closet from the fall that has yet to go on wood. It sure smells good.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

[quote="BaxtersDad"
I lurked but didn't have anything to post...[/quote]
That doesn't stop the rest of us. :moresarcasm:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Set up my hotel and rent a car! I'm set and ready to go! I will be up Saturday the 9th mid morning and leaving the 11th.
See ya soon!!! :thumbup: :wave:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Just in case the stars align I have begun doing the research on the distilleries that will be there and making a list of what I might like to try. If you get VIP tickets this year you get a Glencairn Glass rather than a shot glass like last year. My plan and recommendation for others is to make a list and bring a small notebook for taking notes. There should be a map in the VIP bag so you can quickly and easily find the booths you would like to try. VIP is definitely the way to go if you can, when they open the doors to general admission it gets very crowded very quickly.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Just purchased my VIP ticket see yall there
OVZ
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I was just looking at the list of participating distillers and Bad Dog is on the list. Bad Dog was started by a member of this forum, steelheadin360, I have been meaning to visit them but the timing has never worked out. Maybe their booth could be the meeting spot??
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Oldvine Zin wrote:I was just looking at the list of participating distillers and Bad Dog is on the list. Bad Dog was started by a member of this forum, steelheadin360, I have been meaning to visit them but the timing has never worked out. Maybe their booth could be the meeting spot??
They had a booth there last year but steelheadin360 wasn't there, his father was who didn't know much about the forum at all.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Been so busy haven't got my tickets yet, with my mother-in-law moved out of Seattle got to decide where I am going to stay.
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

Bushman wrote:Been so busy haven't got my tickets yet, with my mother-in-law moved out of Seattle got to decide where I am going to stay.
As things are turning out, I will be on Vancouver Island when the PNW meet occurs. Bushman, could we meet up at Starbucks before then so I could give you some of my now somewhat aged product to take down with you and share?