Secret Stiller Society Day (S3)

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Secret Stiller Society Day (S3)

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:My rules when organizing meets was if I didn't have a name and number they didn't get an address, that simple
Reasonable suggestion . Rekin if I didn't call them there was no invite . Just a couple of glitches with that that can be worked out . Of course , everyone that made Jedfest last fall has an invitation . We will get the details worked out . Several folks I've talked to in person can help . You and Odin may be the most problematic .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Truckinbutch wrote:
thecroweater wrote:My rules when organizing meets was if I didn't have a name and number they didn't get an address, that simple
Reasonable suggestion . Rekin if I didn't call them there was no invite . Just a couple of glitches with that that can be worked out . Of course , everyone that made Jedfest last fall has an invitation . We will get the details worked out . Several folks I've talked to in person can help . You and Odin may be the most problematic .
I am used to being problematic!

;)

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I will be on the east coast Delware for a wedding on the 6th of August so will miss the gathering. We plan to spend a week and a half so would still like to meet up with a few of the members on that side of the country if possible.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

I will be in Utah second half of August. Not sure if there are many folks out there that drink, but if there are ... drop me a line and lets party!

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Bushman wrote:I will be on the east coast Delware for a wedding on the 6th of August so will miss the gathering. We plan to spend a week and a half so would still like to meet up with a few of the members on that side of the country if possible.
It takes 3 hours to drive there for me but if I hop in the boat it's only 1.5 sooo? My rum will be very very close by then and the sf been on oak and cherry for 8 months by then. I'm on the coast in central Va.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Shine0n wrote:
Bushman wrote:I will be on the east coast Delware for a wedding on the 6th of August so will miss the gathering. We plan to spend a week and a half so would still like to meet up with a few of the members on that side of the country if possible.
It takes 3 hours to drive there for me but if I hop in the boat it's only 1.5 sooo? My rum will be very very close by then and the sf been on oak and cherry for 8 months by then. I'm on the coast in central Va.
August is going to be a crazy time for us, but I will carve out a day to meet and greet, and share a drop. I've an experimental Rum that I need an opinion about, but I'll stick with our main drop of course. Pick a place, and a time, and I'll try to be there. We have a place in Arlington VA, that we could host a small group at, but have no accommodations available...
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
newbietoo
Bootlegger

Post by newbietoo »

A few years ago I had a bunch of decals (bumper stickers) made up of the three s's. The main guy, I can't remember who, had some health problems so I couldn't get them to him. I can still have the decals made at a good price. Also can engrave cups, wood, make us shirts. That is, if the Secret Stiller Society is still a group! I have to find the picture of the s's again. But I think it would be cool for all of us to have a sticker, or shirt, or cup, the possibilities are endless!
The doctor says i need to drink more whiskey.
Also. I am calling myself "the doctor" now.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

I’m in. Let me know what I need to do…
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Id toss an S3 on my back window. I think most folks would probably think it had something to do with the Masonic stickers back there. (Other than Masons of course) I cut a shit load of vinyl. It's my side hustle that pays for my other hobbies, like this one.
image.png
image.png (14.41 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Last edited by Deplorable on Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

S3 for life. I’d slap some swag on the truck. Let’s get this thing re-organized.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Jimbo wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 am Im diggin the spirit of this thread. I think its time to wear our colors proudly with some biker vests to show our affiliation and region...

VestSm.JPG
Where do I get one of these?? :twisted:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

I'd definitely rock one of those stickers!
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

bcook608 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:30 am I'd definitely rock one of those stickers!
The drip up above? I'm still playing with it to get the S's how I want them before I cut any.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

You’ve been working on that for a while haven’t ya Deplorable? I swear I’ve seen that before.
-Thomas Paine
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

Deplorable wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:01 pm
bcook608 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:30 am I'd definitely rock one of those stickers!
The drip up above? I'm still playing with it to get the S's how I want them before I cut any.
Maybe do a layer mask and only have the shape of the "S"s creating the shape of the drop?

I don't know what program you're using, but that's what I'm talking about. Then it's a little more subliminal ;)
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

bcook608 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:34 pm
Deplorable wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:01 pm
Maybe do a layer mask and only have the shape of the "S"s creating the shape of the drop?

I don't know what program you're using, but that's what I'm talking about. Then it's a little more subliminal ;)
I have a few different programs, it's free time I lack. I threw that up as a concept and haven't gotten back to it yet.
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Stonecutter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:13 pm You’ve been working on that for a while haven’t ya Deplorable? I swear I’ve seen that before.
No. I literally threw that together just to reply to this thread.
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Deplorable wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:58 am
Stonecutter wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:13 pm You’ve been working on that for a while haven’t ya Deplorable? I swear I’ve seen that before.
No. I literally threw that together just to reply to this thread.
:lol: Shows you what I know
-Thomas Paine
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

Next time I get time to fart around, I'll finish it. Taking a break from cleaning barrel staves right now, and wishing I had time today to get a mash going, but I have to go in to work again in the morning.
Until I get two more of me hired, I have very little free time.
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

Deplorable wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:19 pm Next time I get time to fart around, I'll finish it. Taking a break from cleaning barrel staves right now, and wishing I had time today to get a mash going, but I have to go in to work again in the morning.
Until I get two more of me hired, I have very little free time.
I know the feeling.
I work for the DOC and 80 hour work weeks are a common occurrence.
juana_b
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by juana_b »

bcook608 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:19 pm
I know the feeling.
Not to de-rail the subject...but quickly, I'm glad my work van was locked last month when the shop guys were trying to dump a prison toilet in it for shits and giggles. Got damaged in a riot.
When I was laughing about the attempt with 'em I was definitely thinking about how one could pull off a ferment in it.
“Awards are merely the badges of mediocrity.”
― Charles Ives
bcook608
Rumrunner

Post by bcook608 »

juana_b wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:58 pm
bcook608 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:19 pm
I know the feeling.
Not to de-rail the subject...but quickly, I'm glad my work van was locked last month when the shop guys were trying to dump a prison toilet in it for shits and giggles. Got damaged in a riot.
When I was laughing about the attempt with 'em I was definitely thinking about how one could pull off a ferment in it.
lol they don't call it "toilet wine" for nothing ;)
Every time I find hooch during my searches I just giggle to myself and think "Haha, mine is better!"