10,300 miles as the Crow flys

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Re: 10,300 miles as the Crow flys

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Aw, we miss you guys, too! :wave:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

thecroweater wrote:Well home now to cold rain and flooding not to mention a car that won't start

But your home safe and that's what is important. Everything else be damned. You took a ride in a magic tin can that didn't drop out of the sky with you in it. Yay for modern magic.

All joking aside- hope the damage isn't to bad, and dead battery?
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Vegemite on toast, dusting of parmisan. I tell ya them fellas over yonder are missing out
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Now that's pretty up-market!
Never tried the parmesan...
Geoff
The Baker
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I tried Vegemite once. It was like eating battery acid, only less flavorful, less pleasant, and burned more.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'll pass on that . Just ate a bar of soap and I wouldn't want to ruin the taste .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

The Baker wrote:Now that's pretty up-market!
Never tried the parmesan...
Geoff
Avocado and Vegemite is the bomb, these sepos just don't get it. Stuffs made from beer like all things good in this world :thumbup:
So we are going through customs , see all these Asians getting their luggage gone through. We get asked if we have stuff to declare, yep duty free grog smokes cigars etc , no worries head over there. They got this xray set up to go through but get stopped before there and get asked there what we have, tell that fella booze and smokes . He says OK through there and point to doors so we say "ya mean check station 2" and he smiles and says nar your right go home. Pretty rapped as I expected to get all but two packets of my carton binned along with the Levi Garrett , turns out I didn't need to tip out that platt valley goat piss
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
jarheadshiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jarheadshiner »

Any reason to dump the Platte Valley is a good one :sick:

Glad you guys made it home safe. Enjoyed having you and Suzie. You're welcome back anytime.
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of the way!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Thanks Jar , all you guys made our trip very memorable. I can't say enough about everyone's hospitality and all those that traveled to meet with us also not to mention a few behind the scenes we didnt get to meet that afforded us so much assistance, thank you don't half say it. We felt blessed to meet you all and MCH who generously lent us his car helped us cover a lot of ground as time ran short.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Thank you guys for delivering my car to DC for me! Picked it up early today and it sure beats driving around town in a box truck.

The road trip is as American as apple pie, happy you got a chance to drive around on our highways, lots to see.

I told Ms Crow that we should time these trips with the olympics, I'll come over to Aus in 2 years, then you guys are back here in 4...

Was sure great to meet you both, must be nice to be back home though.

Oh, and thanks (?) for leaving the Bundy in the trunk, it won't go to waste.
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

Hmm Bundy, you gonna strip the paint on the rear quarter panel?

happy stillin,

FS
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

FullySilenced wrote:Hmm Bundy, you gonna strip the paint on the rear quarter panel?

happy stillin,

FS
HMMM................ All I can say is that my 89 yr old Dad liked that Bundy better than the swill he buys from the 'jar store' every week when he came to S3 16 Truckorama . I don't keep him in a drop all the time . He works on my stock too hard when it is 'free' .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
MichiganCornhusker
retired

MichiganCornhusker wrote:....leaving the Bundy in the trunk, it won't go to waste.
... And the box of ammo... :shock: :lol:
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Bottle of booze and a box of ammo in the trunk? Are we sure they don't have US citizenship? If not, they ought to.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

DSM Loki wrote:Bottle of booze and a box of ammo in the trunk? Are we sure they don't have US citizenship? If not, they ought to.
carton of smokes under the seat? :lol:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

HDNB wrote:...carton of smokes under the seat? :lol:
Not ready to reach under there yet.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

DSM Loki wrote:Bottle of booze and a box of ammo in the trunk? Are we sure they don't have US citizenship? If not, they ought to.
Didn't mention shine in the cooler :ebiggrin: . Y'all say Merica we say Strayia sounds about the same from a distance, asked for smokes in a gas station and got asked if I was from down south, said sure was, South OZ is way way down south, got a mighty confused look till the penny dropped. Some of them checkout chicks are not as sharp as others. Still it was better then getting asked if we were English or in the case of one dork NZ (fighting words) :D
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

LOL sounds like you had fun.

B
Snackson
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Snackson »

thecroweater wrote:Vegemite on toast, dusting of parmisan. I tell ya them fellas over yonder are missing out
Had my family try it and they think I'm nuts. I love Vegemite on some buttered toast. Awesome in the mornings with some eggs over easy!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Snackson wrote:
thecroweater wrote:Vegemite on toast, dusting of parmisan. I tell ya them fellas over yonder are missing out
Had my family try it and they think I'm nuts. I love Vegemite on some buttered toast. Awesome in the mornings with some eggs over easy!
See he gets it yes ya need butter, the only good thing by itself on toast is butter everything else is aux.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

thecroweater wrote:Didn't mention shine in the cooler
Ha, didn't even see that, it was tucked in behind the remnants of the Froot Loops hooch.
I'll be checking that out tonight. :D
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

ya still got fruit loops hootch left :shock:
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Seeing as we never got checked I wish I brought one of them home, I left grog and took grog where ever we went to swap stuff around assuming I wouldn't get any of it home :roll:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

jedneck wrote:ya still got fruit loops hootch left :shock:
It is done.
I've shlepped that bottle around, even enlisted Crow to carry it to and fro, and still it survived.

But tonight the last of the Froot Loop shine was officially drank and drunk.

I shared a sip with a trusted bartender and he offered to make up a cocktail for it with some obscure sweet vermouth and a dash of orange bitters. It was a delicious end to a unique spirit.

Time to be watching for the next sale on Kellogg's....
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Fruit loops does make a glorious drop. Let me know if you notice it goes on sale again, I wouldn't mind fermenting a hundred gallons of that ha-ha
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

DSM Loki wrote:Fruit loops does make a glorious drop. Let me know if you notice it goes on sale again, I wouldn't mind fermenting a hundred gallons of that ha-ha
I did 55 gal of froot loops. I think we used 10 bags (about 2 boxes each). Just got the off brand loops from the discount grocery store.

I really love this stuff, embarrassing to say in front of all you fine whiskey sippers, but I like what I like.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
But tonight the last of the Froot Loop shine was officially drank and drunk.
not true i still have half a 375 bottle ....... :wave:

i always thought that froot loops likker and sprite would be a great drink
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Rednecks white socks and blue ribbon beeR was just playing. Miss you guys. We had a rough 12 months but things are looking up and maybe we'll start saving up for round two in another year or so
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

We miss you too Crow! It was great to talk to you this weekend. Perhaps we can get out there to beautiful Strayia sometime in the next couple of years!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Randy, if you happen to get to Victoria....!

Geoff
The Baker