10,300 miles as the Crow flys

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
rager
Distiller

Re: 10,300 miles as the Crow flys

Post by rager »

RandyMarshCT wrote:
Appalachia-Shiner wrote: The most interesting story you told was what happened to your GUNS in Australia a few years ago.
I felt the same way.... I'd heard about that situation in Australia, but it was so wild to hear Crow actually explain the whole process from a first-person viewpoint. Before that it was like a storybook tale a man would tell his children to scare them into preserving their rights.
dang i missed that story
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Went black powder shooting and a semi auto 12 Ga. Haven't held either one for more than 15 years, gentlemen shit eating grin ain't even in it :mrgreen:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

thecroweater wrote:Went black powder shooting and a semi auto 12 Ga. Haven't held either one for more than 15 years, gentlemen shit eating grin ain't even in it :mrgreen:
:D :clap: :D
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
JayD
Novice

Post by JayD »

thecroweater wrote:Went black powder shooting and a semi auto 12 Ga. Haven't held either one for more than 15 years, gentlemen shit eating grin ain't even in it :mrgreen:
keep you eye's open, I seen .50 cal fully auto for hire at a range we drove past... :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
I run a 6" 4 x sieve plate bubbler (flute), all hand made by myself, Custom Copper Fabricator mounted on my 100ltr boiler...my approach to Hobby distillation is safety 1st, quality a close 2nd and making good friends with similar hobby's as myself.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Sometime very soon we will be traveling from Kentucky to Michigan, I don't know if anyone on the way has time to catch up but if any of you guys would like to give us a shout out :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Whereabouts in Michigan are you passing through? I'd love to hang out with you guys again if possible. It'd be really cool to get some friends together for a range day. That way you can have fun with a variety of pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

First stop planned was around Kalamazoo
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

DSM Loki wrote:Whereabouts in Michigan are you passing through? I'd love to hang out with you guys again if possible. It'd be really cool to get some friends together for a range day. That way you can have fun with a variety of pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.

didnt you mention something about an ak semi auto 12g shotty? :evil: :shock:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Rekin you'll be headin north a bit west of me . You always got a place here if you get by . Was a pleasure to have y'all the last time .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

rager wrote:
DSM Loki wrote:Whereabouts in Michigan are you passing through? I'd love to hang out with you guys again if possible. It'd be really cool to get some friends together for a range day. That way you can have fun with a variety of pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.

didnt you mention something about an ak semi auto 12g shotty? :evil: :shock:
As a matter of fact, yes. I have a saiga 12 that I quite like. To be honest, it's probably my favorite thing to put rounds downrange with.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Truckinbutch wrote:Rekin you'll be headin north a bit west of me . You always got a place here if you get by . Was a pleasure to have y'all the last time .
Thanks Butch that's very kind of you , yes looking at the map I think we would be Ohio and then Indiana up from here
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Got a couple cans cold for ya! :lol:
Fosters.JPG
Hope we can catch up while you are traveling through Mich.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

ohhh jeez MCH you gonna make him throw up with Fosters in a can...
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

FullySilenced wrote:ohhh jeez MCH you gonna make him throw up with Fosters in a can...
As I understand it Fosters is crap beer in Australia.
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
MichiganCornhusker
retired

:shock: :esurprised:
Are you guys crazy? There's a damn kangaroo right there ON THE CAN!
I'm saving that Two Hearted behind it for Jed. :ewink:
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I'll bet it's almost as good as PBR.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I had a fosters at an Outback steak house was bad as I remembered
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I found years ago that imported beer isn't always the same as the one's made in there home country. A prime example is years ago we had a lower limit on abv in the US that was lower than other countries, thus they modified there product to sell in the US. Definitely wasn't as good.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Check those Fosters cans... It's been years since I've seen one but I'm fairly certain it is "bottled" here in the US, on the East coast near NYC as I recall... Might even be brewed here in the US... An old buddy drank it almost exclusively about 30 years ago...
MichiganCornhusker
retired

rad14701 wrote:Check those Fosters cans...
Oil Can Breweries, Fort Worth, TX. :oops:
Well, only one thing to do, better drink these up before they see them. :shifty:
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

rad14701 wrote:Check those Fosters cans... It's been years since I've seen one but I'm fairly certain it is "bottled" here in the US, on the East coast near NYC as I recall... Might even be brewed here in the US... An old buddy drank it almost exclusively about 30 years ago...
I have 3 old fosters cans repurposed for alcohol stove pots.

all 3 say Albany Ga. and Ft. worth Tx.

But they are being supervised from Melbourne. :wink: :wink:
be water my friend
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Well I told Suzie it tasted so plumb bad it might even be VB, heck even this14 dollar 30 pack of Milwaukee's best ice is better
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

cob wrote:
rad14701 wrote:Check those Fosters cans... It's been years since I've seen one but I'm fairly certain it is "bottled" here in the US, on the East coast near NYC as I recall... Might even be brewed here in the US... An old buddy drank it almost exclusively about 30 years ago...
I have 3 old fosters cans repurposed for alcohol stove pots.

all 3 say Albany Ga. and Ft. worth Tx.

But they are being supervised from Melbourne. :wink: :wink:
Ahh... There you go, Albany, Georgia, not Albany, New York... Further South but still on the East coast...
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

thecroweater wrote: heck even this14 dollar 30 pack of Milwaukee's best ice is better
Don'tcha love buying beer in the states? it's cheaper than water!
Treat yourself to a 30 pack of Canadian when you hit Niagra...should only set you back 60 or 70 bucks.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Our beer /liquer prices are outrages. But if there are any country fans on here you may know the song " we have stinger beer" and it is true. Usually 1-3% stronger abv than even the US counterpart.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

We are in flatlands Ohio now, been awhile since I seen a reble flag now
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Yankee country!!! Be careful or the will have you drinking rolling rock beer next.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

least you didn't say damned yankee. :moresarcasm: :eugeek: :lol: rolling rock to me is like fosters to aussie. crow will be in good hands in the north lands
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Crow, what do you have planned for today? Want to make a trip out to the gun range?
Wolf
Novice

Post by Wolf »

Hey All its great to read how everyone is taking care of Crow n Susie, It makes me proud to be part of this forum. I know I don't say much on here but I do like the reading material posted here, have learned alot from all of you, Crow if you get a chance before you leave the Tim Smith operation is in Culpeper Va about 1 1/2 hours out of Dc, yes he has gone commercial but might be something you all might like to see. I'm planning a trip up there to see his operation n maybe learn something off him LOL. Enjoy your time in the states n as always be safe n have fun, Best Wishes