Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Possible 2017 S3 Home Distiller rendezvous at my home

Post by Truckinbutch »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Bushman wrote:Been following this post with interest waiting for a date to see if I could possibly attend as I live across the US. I like the idea on the first page about having an education component to the meet-up however I leave the end of September for a month in Europe.
Suggested date is Sept. 9 and 10 at this point . That means that we will be receiving visitors from Sept. 8 and will accommodate them through Sept. 10 . Same deal as last year and same rules . Maybe a different menu . Go hungry here is your own fault . We are starting this early enough that we should have a good time . We sure did last year .
SOH asked me to ask all of you if this date is going to work . She needs to know in order to schedule herself off work to babysit all of us .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

:thumbup: Works for me.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote::thumbup: Works for me.
We are so looking forward to meeting you .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Works for me
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Reporting for duty :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

I was pondering making the 18 hour drive.. but it just not going to work.. Checked and passport has expired also.. :(

B
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

bitter wrote:I was pondering making the 18 hour drive.. but it just not going to work.. Checked and passport has expired also.. :(

B
passports renew with relative ease these days...and if i lived as close to the centre of the universe as you, i'd fly. Out here in the west, you can't get there from here...there is no such thing as a direct flight. I'll be landing and taking off right over your head in a few hours on my way to Fla.
I'd offer to buy you a drink at Pearson during my 3 hour layover, but it would be cruel to expect someone to show up there without the carrot of a beach vacation!~
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Bigbob wrote:I can say defiant maybe...... :thumbup: :wave:
if you miss this, maybe we can get some west coast going. I have to be at sandiego that weekend and i'm thinking coming a week early, or staying a week late to check out the big sur area. (after flying thru toronto naturally)
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Post by Lyonsie »

Cant go
I thought i was wrong once,
But then i found out i was mistaken.

Kill the women, and rape the men.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I probably wouldn't of made it any way but will be leaving the following week for Europe.
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

count me in! looking forward to it!
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Truckinbutch wrote:
BayouShine wrote::thumbup: Works for me.
We are so looking forward to meeting you .
:thumbup:
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

This is gonna be awesome. I've been wanting to do one of these events since the first S3 get together.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

A good time has been had by all at my place and Jed's . We would expect no less for this year .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Good doesn't begin to scratch the surface my friend.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We have enough commitment for SOH to reserve a week's vacation time around that date tomorrow . The roll call will be made closer to the date for menu planning . This is an open enrollment venue . No non refundable tickets are sold .
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

butch,

At risk of signing up and making my SOH mad, I'm signing up. I will fly in, so my contributions will be limited to cooking, cleaning, and burning the shit barrels.

Can't wait.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Hank Reardon wrote:butch,

At risk of signing up and making my SOH mad, I'm signing up. I will fly in, so my contributions will be limited to cooking, cleaning, and burning the shit barrels.

Can't wait.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

Awesome Hank! Really looking forward to meeting you. I've enjoyed your contributions here.

You're going to have a great time. :ebiggrin:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Hank Reardon wrote:butch,

Can't wait.
Guess you just elected yourself one of us kitchen bitches . Don't think the sanitation company supplying the porta-john would be happy with you burning their shithouse .
Keep us posted .
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

I'd like to collect that Tshirt in person this time. :)
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Hank Reardon wrote:I'd like to collect that Tshirt in person this time. :)
We would love to have you do that , too . That brings up another issue . varocketry did such a fantastic job of arranging for shirts last year that put no one at risk financialy . He put a lot of effort into helping make last year's event a success and was a fine fellow to share a weekend with .
So far I have heard nothing from him about whether he will be able to attend this year's gathering or help with shirt orders . Hope he can and will .
If not , we will have to take an alternative path to make the next gathering work .
Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Post by Lyonsie »

Hold on, if theres setting the portaloos on fire i might revise my previous opinion. :lol:

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Lyonsie wrote:Hold on, if theres setting the portaloos on fire i might revise my previous opinion. :lol:
No , we don't do that setting on fire thing . Upsetting one on the door while it is occupied by a member that doesn't play well with others could be an option .
It would take a majority vote from the group .
Last party there was NEVER any need for such a consideration . I would expect the same behavior from this year's attendees .
No quarter will be given to anyone who breaks our house rules and they will be outed here as well .
Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Post by Lyonsie »

Ah im only buzzing off ya bud. :lol: i couldn't make it this year anyway. No funds for it unfortunately. Maybe next year if were at least allowed to push the portaloos over :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Lyonsie wrote:Ah im only buzzing off ya bud. :lol: i couldn't make it this year anyway. No funds for it unfortunately. Maybe next year if were at least allowed to push the portaloos over :lol: :lol: :lol:
SOH said that this was our last one .
Of course she said the same last year and then changed her mind when she saw how much it meant to all of us .
We can hope for the future but we have no promise .
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

TIB:

I found this thread. Okay.

I recall Randy Marsh and his gorgeous SOH were going to host one of these where we could boil up some lobsta's. I'm looking forward to that.

FreeMountain - do you feel up to some educational content to offer some informational learnings for folks like me.? Makin' Cuts is always popular and lord knows we (I) could use the practice. I'd love to see some other demos or how-to's --- like an all grain mash from soup to nuts. Or makin sight glasses, or cutting 3" pipe to fit a 4" pipe for a sight glass, or hard soldering 4" pipe effectively, etc.
Last edited by varocketry on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Just need something else to build. -
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

Trying to downsize our place now that the kids have flown the coop. Wife unit is on a tear making me part with all hobby stuff not touched in ten years, so all the high power rocketry projects, tools, chemicals, etc are going. I'm heading over to Higgs Farm, MD this coming weekend to try to sell it all off at fire sale prices at LDRS 36. I did get this baby sold on EBAY.
bigroocket-sm1.jpg
Check this out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5WSpghtvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

It was going to be my Level 3 certification project. But then our wonderful friends [BATF} declared AP to be an explosive instead of an oxidizer and started coming to regional shoots in plain clothes and asking guys building up their motors how they transported their rocket propellant across state lines. TRA and NAR fought them for six years and won. But I lost the bug in all that time.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

varocketry wrote:Trying to downsize our place now that the kids have flown the coop. Wife unit is on a tear making me part with all hobby stuff not touched in ten years, so all the high power rocketry projects, tools, chemicals, etc are going. I'm heading over to Higgs Farm, MD this coming weekend to try to sell it all off at fire sale prices at LDRS 36. I did get this baby sold on EBAY.
bigroocket-sm1.jpg
Check this out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5WSpghtvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

It was going to be my Level 3 certification project. But then our wonderful friends [BATF} declared AP to be an explosive instead of an oxidizer and started coming to regional shoots in plain clothes and asking guys building up their motors how they transported their rocket propellant across state lines. TRA and NAR fought them for six years and won. But I lost the bug in all that time.
Awesome ! What has befallen you sucks . That's Grubberment :thumbdown:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

This thread has been confusing for many . I'm going to open a new thread focused on S3/17 Truckorama to eliminate confusion and get to rug cutting on the second party here at my place .
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

Hey, think if it this way ... instead of sitting out a corn and soybean fields for hours getting sunburned and smelling sulphur, I now get to sit inside my closed shed, mostly freezing, watching drip-drip-drip for hours. Its a WIN-WIN !