friends ive made because of HD

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
rager
Distiller

friends ive made because of HD

Post by rager »

I just wanted to make a thread about how HD brings people from all over the world together to enjoy a common interest . Ive been lucky enough to make 3 different meets and had the oppertunity to share stories, spirits and late nights together.

to date,

MCH,
shineoncrazydiamond
Randymarsh, his wife and kids
Jedneck, wife and kids
VArocketry
FMH
thecroweater and wife ( all the way from AU)
bigbob
truckinbutch and his wife and extended family and friends
loki
striprundave
panikry
boomtown, father and son

probably a few more that i cant remember

i have to say at all the meetings ive been a part of everyone held there own (tbs wife was a little concerend about having a bunch of stiller all in one place, which we can all understand)

it was great meeting everyone over the last couple years. i encourge established member to make the trip to the next meeting in their area . nothing but fantastic hospitaly , great people and great spirits and great food.

i hope i can make it our the NW at some point and meet all of yall

i know that there are multiple meeting threads, this is about the people weve met along the way all in one thread

cheers to everyone.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: friends ive made because of HD

Post by Bigbob »

I agree 100% rager, the people I've met(including yourself!) are on a whole top notch. I consider all of you I've met good friends. Any who are on the bench about going to a meet and greet.....DO IT!!!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I would only make one correction . MCH rechristened striprundave to SpiritRunDave after he completed his first successful spirit run . He and his wife are great assets to our group .
SOH was a bit apprehensive about us hosting the group . That apprehension totally melted away over a 3 day gathering . I don't think anyone left without an open invite to come back anytime .
Jedfest 1 and 2 and Truckorama 16 set the standards for meetings of our craft . These are dignified meetings of like minded members of a craft . Family oriented and friendly . We find no place for the drunk , rowdy , and unruly .
Wellll......... mebbie a bit of flex on that drunk part .
But .............. HELL YES ! Let's keep this rollin and growing . :clap:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I have to say, you are some of the best people I've had the good fortune to meet. I couldn't have imagined the event going as well as it did. Just a bunch folks hanging out like old friends sampling the best spirits I've ever had the honor of tasting.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Don't forget the one that started it all ( oops forgot Jed had the first meet) but woodsheds was great! And the two Pacific Northwest meets. THEY ARE ALL GREAT!!!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Bigbob wrote:Don't forget the one that started it all ( oops forgot Jed had the first meet) but woodsheds was great! And the two Pacific Northwest meets. THEY ARE ALL GREAT!!!!
It was AWESOME meeting you BigBob!
Can't wait until next time!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:Don't forget the one that started it all ( oops forgot Jed had the first meet) but woodsheds was great! And the two Pacific Northwest meets. THEY ARE ALL GREAT!!!!
I believe that it is because we have set our own standards of behavior . We do not plan YouTube events or Reality TV .
It's a family reunion where folks meet family they never met before and nobody is looking for a date .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

Thank you Rager, for starting this up as it bears saying again for everyone who didn't have a chance to participate, to know it was a safe, accepting, open, and tremendously friendly time.

And I think of the settings I've visited -- mountain pastures of Pagosa Springs, CO, Hill country of rural Pennsylvania somewhere, and God's country in West Virginia, wow.

Pagosa Springs was my first face-face meeting and I had no idea how it was gonna go. Traveling across country, renting a car and trusting the GPS to bring you down dirt roads to someone's driveway adjacent to national parklands. I was a bit nervous - but last lasted about 30 seconds as the host came out to greet my car, gave me a hug, and thanked me for coming all that way to visit. Thanks Woodshed.

And Jed and Truckinbutch were the same way. Almost too cool to describe without experiencing it.
-Just need something else to build. -
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Truckinbutch wrote:
It's a family reunion where folks meet family they never met before and nobody is looking for a date .
Notable and quotable... You all have clearly not met many of my relatives.

Haha.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Hank Reardon wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:
Notable and quotable... You all have clearly not met many of my relatives.

Haha.
Not that I know of . What do they look like ? My standards are somewhat flexible . :sarcasm:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I have to admit my first meeting with Mash Rookie was a bit scary as at the time nobody on the forum was meeting and for good reason. I have only been to one meeting but have met members from several forums at the ADI conference (Started to list members names but realized that I have been to several conferences and would leave some names out), got a chance to cross the pond and meet Odin on and run an iStill also he stayed with me while attending the PNW meeting, LWTCS has been nothing but professional also meeting him at his warehouse, GA Flatwoods inviting me to his home while traveling,

Although the meetings were great I have to admit that my time with Mash Rookie stands out because we built 2 stills together sharing our knowledge and expertise. We also ran the stills together thus discussing methodology, our discussions while he was investigating packing, his external downcomers, testing side by side plates (his still) vs packing (my still). Although all were great this stands out as some of my most informative times and allowed me to really get to know him. What made this time work although we lived 1-1/2 hours from each other he lived 5 minutes from my mother-in-law.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Fist meeting I attended was at a Hotel in Adelaide South Australia then after the meet went back to one of the guys places for a few hrs until my stepson picked me up. I see the first one I organized that was posted here was in 2013. Every meet has been great but the WV one was a stand out with friends and memories that will last a life time. A part from the meeting I met many others in my travels and every single one of them I look forward to meeting again, not one would not be most welcome here. There are quite a few I have chatted to for one reason or another weather work, timing, location I was not able to catch up with except over the phone. Would like to correct that next trip and maybe meet some of our Canuk friends as well
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Likewise, I am proud to meet each of you that I have had the pleasure to meet.
First class good folks that I hope to see again.
I would have liked to have made the event in WV, but I had made plans to be in Louisiana .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Well , Mr Croweater , should you and Suzie Dundee decide to come stateside on holiday again you know that we always have a place for you at our table and a bed when you get weary .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Being married now with 2 kids under 5, these days I generally keep to myself. It's not that I'm unsocial, or don't like people. It's just that by the end of the work day and work week, I just don't have energy to commit to keep up with many friends. The little time I do have to myself, I like to use for my hobby (read passion), which is, well, making top quality liquor and beer :ebiggrin: .

In this respect, having friends like all of you is priceless. I can use my time to both enjoy my hobby, and form friendships. I am personally grateful and lucky that panikry is so close that we can get together every week or two to brew, run, and chill.

Whether it's the everyday communication on the forum, or the wonderful meet ups that I've been lucky to attend, I am indebted to you all for your friendship.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Being married now with 2 kids under 5, these days I generally keep to myself. It's not that I'm unsocial, or don't like people. It's just that by the end of the work day and work week, I just don't have energy to commit to keep up with many friends. The little time I do have to myself, I like to use for my hobby ........
I'm your brother, only difference is 3 instead of 2 kids under 5 and the fact that I don't like people, people are assholes :lol:
Don't be a dick
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Swedish Pride wrote:
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Being married now with 2 kids under 5, these days I generally keep to myself. It's not that I'm unsocial, or don't like people. It's just that by the end of the work day and work week, I just don't have energy to commit to keep up with many friends. The little time I do have to myself, I like to use for my hobby ........
I'm your brother, only difference is 3 instead of 2 kids under 5 and the fact that I don't like people, people are assholes :lol:
Not the ones that come to our parties .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Swedish Pride wrote:
Not the ones that come to our parties .
"
TB, i really have to comment on how everyone behaved in "professional manor" when it comes to copious amounts of booze on a table. i had nothing to do with cats being thrown off porches at jeds or what happened in randys garage at 4 am after sampling 10 bottles of absinthe :crazy:

im glad this thread was able to start some good conversations.

it was meant just to be log of how a hobby can bring people together from all parts of the world and all walks of like

i look forward to adding more names to the list

cheers everyone. happy friday.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I so agree with you on a post you made on another thread . We are becoming so much more closely knit to the mutual benefit of all . This is a good thing .
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

Truckinbutch wrote: to the mutual benefit of all . This is a good thing .
I don't know about that. That darn nephew of yours has me buying pork butts like they're going out of style to perfect my smoker skills. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup: :wave:
Blah, blah, blah,........
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: to the mutual benefit of all . This is a good thing .
I don't know about that. That darn nephew of yours has me buying pork butts like they're going out of style to perfect my smoker skills. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup: :wave:
yea and he was far from photogenic about letting his pit mastery be documented . hmmmm them chicken thighs are still on my mind along with everything else i consumed at truckorama and other meetins
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thighs are allus on my feeble mind :shh: :lolno:
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:Thighs are allus on my feeble mind :shh: :lolno:
im a huge fan of pork shoulder/butt/boston butt ect. nothin can compare a properly cooked shoulder on a well seasoned smoker. dont get me started on TB baked beans and his wifes breakfest. i could jump in a car right now and drive 12 hours just to ear without thinking twice if i knew what was to be had at the table
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:Thighs are allus on my feeble mind :shh: :lolno:
im a huge fan of pork shoulder/butt/boston butt ect. nothin can compare a properly cooked shoulder on a well seasoned smoker. dont get me started on TB baked beans and his wifes breakfest. i could jump in a car right now and drive 12 hours just to eat without thinking twice if i knew what was to be had at the table.

just reread your thread about smoking butts. ill be the first in line to be taught a thing or two about smoking meet. i hope that s3.2017 happens at your place and we can do a stillin and smokin night and we can all learn a thing or two
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Truckinbutch wrote:I believe that it is because we have set our own standards of behavior . We do not plan YouTube events or Reality TV .
Incest. The game the whole family can play. :) Priceless.

Not sure who has funnier comments...Butch or ShineonCrazyDiamond.
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hank Reardon wrote:Incest. The game the whole family can play. :) Priceless.
Yo, dude. It's really very practical :lolno:

Yer sister iza settin' on the divan next to ya wearin' some Daisy Mae's an' lookin' all perky an' whatnot so why jump start the truck looking fer some pussy when it's right next to ya !!!!
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Hank Reardon wrote: Not sure who has funnier comments...Butch or ShineonCrazyDiamond.
both are extremely knowledgeable ( sp i know is wack)

id be more than happy to post up to them at a watering hole and spend a few/ many hours shootin the shit ( SONCD) i really need get meet up with you in the jersey area and get some of that fantastic cured meat you brought to randys,. unfucking believable good . can only get that kind stuff up here in the NE
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

FreeMountainHermit wrote:
Yer sister iza settin' on the divan next to ya wearin' some Daisy Mae's an' lookin' all perky an' whatnot so why jump start the truck looking fer some pussy when it's right next to ya !!!!
your dabblin goose eyes teritory with them words. had to read it twice. Goose takes me at least 3 time to figure it but alway get the word he speaks. hed prolly be one of the members id like to meet just to pick his brain where ever his . even though hes not making likker, sure knows some old boys that do know about it
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Hank Reardon wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:I believe that it is because we have set our own standards of behavior . We do not plan YouTube events or Reality TV .
Incest. The game the whole family can play. :) Priceless.

Not sure who has funnier comments...Butch or ShineonCrazyDiamond.
Meant to post in Notable & Quotable. My mistake.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

rager wrote:
Hank Reardon wrote: Not sure who has funnier comments...Butch or ShineonCrazyDiamond.
both are extremely knowledgeable ( sp i know is wack)

id be more than happy to post up to them at a watering hole and spend a few/ many hours shootin the shit ( SONCD) i really need get meet up with you in the jersey area and get some of that fantastic cured meat you brought to randys,. unfucking believable good . can only get that kind stuff up here in the NE

Appreciate the kudos, but I'm thinking that you and Randy have some sorting out to do on who the provider was.

I'm super proud of my meat preservation projects, be they elk, deer, moose, or the backyard chicken. I'm also glad to share them with you all! Just that, I have not done so yet. Haven't had to courage to attend, but I have the shirts. :)