West by Northwest

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Re: West by Northwest

Post by The Booze Pipe »

I'd rather travel to Northern Cal than Seattle in July, myself.
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
modular 3" CCVM copper&stainless w/offset gin head
aircarbonarc
Swill Maker

Post by aircarbonarc »

Depending on Work scheduling and other such thing, id love to join. Unfortunately im North of the Border so id have to bring something store bought and tasteful. id be in
long live Oldsmobile Aleros
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

aircarbonarc wrote:Depending on Work scheduling and other such thing, id love to join. Unfortunately im North of the Border so id have to bring something store bought and tasteful. id be in
I dress my product incognito half the time... if ya know what I mean.
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
aircarbonarc
Swill Maker

Post by aircarbonarc »

The Booze Pipe wrote:
aircarbonarc wrote:Depending on Work scheduling and other such thing, id love to join. Unfortunately im North of the Border so id have to bring something store bought and tasteful. id be in
I dress my product incognito half the time... if ya know what I mean.
I could probably do that. I have some empty bottles and maybe a shrink wrap thing
long live Oldsmobile Aleros
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

cranky wrote:I don't see why there can't be a get together in Nor Cal as well as proof as long as they aren't too closely spaced. After all the first BRBBQ was only a month after the first S-3. I haven't seen any California get togethers but it might be much easier for the Ca, NV, NM and many Oregon Members to get there rather than here.
I'm up for it to happen in September. August could work too. Still need a location that works for people, and it looks like Seattle is out.

That leaves Oregon, CA, and possibly NV. I'm up to host, and am a solid 6 hours from Seattle. Kind of in the middle for the Seattle/Norcal folks (depending on where you are in that massive section of a state). Or we can select a spot in Weed. :)

Probably ought to lock this down.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

I will not be able to make it, so really my opinion is completely irrelevant. Buuuut, I still think it would be cool if one of these years we had 2 or several meetings at the same time. We could call and check in to the other gatherings, video chat, even.

Anyways. One of these days it'll happen :thumbup:

There's an East by Northeast meeting going on the second weekend of September. Just saying. :ebiggrin:

Again, I ain't saying you need this Yankee to give y'all a date. It's just been 4 months, you know. That's like 4 whole days of sun there, right? :lol:

Anyways, we'll be partying that weekend, if you want to join :wave:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:I will not be able to make it, so really my opinion is completely irrelevant. Buuuut, I still think it would be cool if one of these years we had 2 or several meetings at the same time. We could call and check in to the other gatherings, video chat, even.

There's an East by Northeast meeting going on the second weekend of September. Just saying. :ebiggrin:

Again, I ain't saying you need this Yankee to give y'all a date. It's just been 4 months, you know. That's like 4 whole days of sun there, right? :lol:

It is a bit early in the year for us to have 4 days of sun... We should reach that shortly after July 4. Like the 8th. It will most certainly rain on the 4th. :)

Second weekend of September is 2 months after Proof. Folks in for that?
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

Hank Reardon wrote:
ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:I will not be able to make it, so really my opinion is completely irrelevant. Buuuut, I still think it would be cool if one of these years we had 2 or several meetings at the same time. We could call and check in to the other gatherings, video chat, even.

It is a bit early in the year for us to have 4 days of sun... We should reach that shortly after July 4. Like the 8th. It will most certainly rain on the 4th. :)

Second weekend of September is 2 months after Proof. Folks in for that?
Nope! That's Bow season. June through August are the best months. And who needs sunshine anyway...
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

OK, the best weekend to use my place is August 10-August 14.

Lots of camping, lots of space to be hanging out and enjoying oneself.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

I might be up for that. Always wanted to climb at Castle Crags - could maybe combine a climbing trip and a drinking get together :D

OVZ
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

Hank Reardon wrote:OK, the best weekend to use my place is August 10-August 14.

Lots of camping, lots of space to be hanging out and enjoying oneself.
That weekend sounds great! As long as salmon season isn't going off hot ;) or fire season..
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

We are all the way up to two. :)

Any other takers? It will be a nice quiet country weekend. :) maybe not quiet.
Badmotivator
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Badmotivator »

I'll do my best, Hank. :)
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Badmotivator wrote:I'll do my best, Hank. :)
We are at 3.

How about the proof crowd..a little trip south in the cards for you guys?
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

I'd love to come, but I will have to find out when our family camping will be happening.
Put me down as a definite maybe!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

nerdybrewer wrote:I'd love to come, but I will have to find out when our family camping will be happening.
Put me down as a definite maybe!
OK, we are at 3 then. :) 2 are me and mine. :)

I think this thread defines the demographic differences between regions. It is funny stuff.

The offer expires on April 22. If we don't get to 5, we will figure it out another time. In the meantime, I am headed to WV in Sept, so I will be happy either way.

topics can include any:
1. Booners mash method
2. Pint's mash method
3. Making cuts
4. Use of steam by hillbilly engineers (for those who are engineers, we will be comparing everything to a soda pop can) :)
The Booze Pipe
Swill Maker

Post by The Booze Pipe »

Do we need to advertise this elsewhere in the forum for more response?
13.5g/50L keg boiler
copper pot still
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Where are you in a general sense? I'm getting mixed messages with PNW, Oregon and northern CA. If your near Weed CA, I'm about 5 hours south. If your north of that, it gets longer. Don't have to give exact coordinates, just a little more general area: south Oregon, northern CA, Washington. Etc. would like to come, and maybe bring a Bay Area contingent!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Bigbob wrote:Where are you in a general sense? I'm getting mixed messages with PNW, Oregon and northern CA. If your near Weed CA, I'm about 5 hours south. If your north of that, it gets longer. Don't have to give exact coordinates, just a little more general area: south Oregon, northern CA, Washington. Etc. would like to come, and maybe bring a Bay Area contingent!
Oregon. SE of Portland some 75 miles
Tomc
Novice

Post by Tomc »

Hank, I would like to come to your gathering. It would be nice to meet some all of you after lurking around as much as I have done. We plan to bring our fifth wheel if that is acceptable.
Cheers,
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Tomc wrote:Hank, I would like to come to your gathering. It would be nice to meet some all of you after lurking around as much as I have done. We plan to bring our fifth wheel if that is acceptable.
Cheers,
Puts us at 4, I think. 5th wheels are good. So are bumper pulls :)

Need some more folks to make this a go.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Hank, this sounds great. Would love to meet some of the folks I have been learning so much from through reading on the site. Barring any surprises, count me in.

This sounds close for me. I would be coming from northern Oregon. Form the driving estimates you listed, you are likely near where I was raised in the Rogue valley, or possibly the Klamath basin. Wait, I remember talk of potential rain if this were in June, so it's definitely not the Klamath basin. ;-)

Of the topics you listed, I would really love to talk/try cuts, though the other subjects would be interesting as well. I can easily bring a run of something in many small jars. If this is a go, I'll talk to you about what I should ferment for this.

Cheers
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

OtisT wrote:Hank, this sounds great. Would love to meet some of the folks I have been learning so much from through reading on the site. Barring any surprises, count me in.

This sounds close for me. I would be coming from northern Oregon. Form the driving estimates you listed, you are likely near where I was raised in the Rogue valley, or possibly the Klamath basin. Wait, I remember talk of potential rain if this were in June, so it's definitely not the Klamath basin. ;-)

Of the topics you listed, I would really love to talk/try cuts, though the other subjects would be interesting as well. I can easily bring a run of something in many small jars. If this is a go, I'll talk to you about what I should ferment for this.

Cheers
Hey Otis. Sounds good. We are before you turnoff and head to KFalls. Still on the wet side.:)
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Unfortunately for me I'm out :( It looks like I won't be making the proof BBQ either :( I do have a suggestion for rounding up more participants though. When we did the first BRBBQ I went through and figured out a lot of the PNW members who weren't saying anything and PMd them. Many of them hadn't seen the posts about the get together and several of them were happy to find out and came.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

cranky wrote:Unfortunately for me I'm out :( It looks like I won't be making the proof BBQ either :( I do have a suggestion for rounding up more participants though. When we did the first BRBBQ I went through and figured out a lot of the PNW members who weren't saying anything and PMd them. Many of them hadn't seen the posts about the get together and several of them were happy to find out and came.
One day I will have the privilege of meeting the king of apples. :) Maybe next year, or another gathering to my north nearer your part of the wet west.

Folks, we are running low on time and need some participants. If you are in, I need to know. You don't have to respond publicly, just send a PM.
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

If I'm counting right, we are at 5 committed. That was the self-imposed minimum. Dates Aug 10-Aug 14.

As of now:

1. BadMotivator
2. Big Bob
3. Otis T
4. Tom C
5. BoozePipe

Possibles:
1. OVZ
2. nerdybrewer

We have enough to make a go. I'll start communicating via PM with folks.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Enjoying a somewhat dry day here in the Pacific Northwet. Hoping others in the region are considering this get together in August. What a great opportunity to meet folks who share this not so visible hobby. Have a great weekend.

Otis
KingE
Novice

Post by KingE »

We would like to come! Count us in please.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I've attended 2 of these events . Hosted one and getting ready to host another . I can't recommend BigBob highly enough and Hank is planning to attend my next one .
These aren't redneck mudbog drunkouts .
We are dignified craftsmen sharing the enhancement of the hobby .
My wife was surprised at JED#2 and so were many wives at Truckorama 16 . They all want to go to the next one .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Truckinbutch wrote:I've attended 2 of these events . Hosted one and getting ready to host another . I can't recommend BigBob highly enough and Hank is planning to attend my next one .
These aren't redneck mudbog drunkouts .
We are dignified craftsmen sharing the enhancement of the hobby .
My wife was surprised at JED#2 and so were many wives at Truckorama 16 . They all want to go to the next one .
My goal in life is to be recommended by Truckinbutch. How many posts does that take Butch? ;-).

Seriously, I can't wait to meet you folks this summer. I should fit right in. My friends consider me presentable in public, and I promise I won't scare any wife's away from future events. That said, joining in a redneck mudbog drunkout once in a while is OK by me too. :D