S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Post by Bigbob »

It's pretty easy butch, I used to have it but got rid of it since I have FaceTime. It's just like using the phone. Just punch in who you want to call and your connected, I guess that everybody will be calling you unless somebody there has a iPad or laptop to use.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Oh yeah if your wife has messenger Suzie has her on fb we could video call, could give you guys the grand tour of my cluttered still house.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Talked with SOH and SKYPE is out for this year . Web cam , head phones , and decent speakers are not in the budget before the party . There are also security concerns .
On a better note :
New electric smoker grill is doing a fantastic job . We are all getting stoked for the party . Hope you are , too . Bring a folding chair if ya got room .
This doesn't apply to Randy Marsh . He left his here last year and we have kept them in good order for him .
I've cleaned out my PM inbox . Anyone lacking directions or having additional questions feel free to PM me .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Butch, I understand about skype, no prob. But I would really like to participate. If any body there has an iPhone and FaceTime I can hook up thru them. You are permitted to giving them my number. And it will work out, just no group time.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:Butch, I understand about skype, no prob. But I would really like to participate. If any body there has an iPhone and FaceTime I can hook up thru them. You are permitted to giving them my number. And it will work out, just no group time.
Bob , we got a couple weeks to refine this and I will do what I can . Losing Dad jammed me out of a week of leisure time preparty . I got 5 distillations and at least one mash cook to do before the end of Labor Day weekend in order to be ready for the party .
It's doable if I stay out of the jug . But, what fun is that ? This is a hobby and hobbies are supposed to be fun , right ?
That's what I told myself when I didn't quite make the 8 second whistle in the rodeo arena .
FLATWOODS ! : If you make a derogatory comment about this post or me ;
Ima , Ima , Ima call you a nasty name like YANKEE ! Or some such
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

sorry to hear about the passing of your father TB
Sounds like he had a good inning but none the less, its never nice to have to bury a loved one.
Don't be a dick
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

That's what I told myself when I didn't quite make the 8 second whistle in the rodeo arena .

:shock: I aint got nuthin to say bout your love life rodeo cowboy! Most men don't call it a hobby and only rarely blame the bottle :think: .
:yawn: My ex wife done called me crap that dont even exist so that Yankee name dont bother me none. But now I done made the mind association of the two of you. Did she enjoy your "rodeo" as much as the other saddle tramps riding there?
GA Flatwoods :lolno:
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:That's what I told myself when I didn't quite make the 8 second whistle in the rodeo arena .

:shock: I aint got nuthin to say bout your love life rodeo cowboy! Most men don't call it a hobby and only rarely blame the bottle :think: .
:yawn: My ex wife done called me crap that dont even exist so that Yankee name dont bother me none. But now I done made the mind association of the two of you. Did she enjoy your "rodeo" as much as the other saddle tramps riding there?
GA Flatwoods :lolno:
:wtf: I can't believe it ! you caught me at a loss for words :oops: Ya won this round .
Ya coming to da party or is this romance going to remain a long distance affair ?
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Finally getting internet access here in Houston, TX. So TB, I won't be able to make it this year my friend. My wife and I adopted a baby girl this last week which has been wonderful. Unfortunately we had to go pick her up in Texas with Harvey nipping at our heels. Long and short of it, we're stuck until further notice. I'm going to try and get my wares down to you all via SCD. I'll be sad to miss such a great group of people getting together but priorities and circumstance rule this day.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:Finally getting internet access here in Houston, TX. So TB, I won't be able to make it this year my friend. My wife and I adopted a baby girl this last week which has been wonderful. Unfortunately we had to go pick her up in Texas with Harvey nipping at our heels. Long and short of it, we're stuck until further notice. I'm going to try and get my wares down to you all via SCD. I'll be sad to miss such a great group of people getting together but priorities and circumstance rule this day.
This party can be put on hold if you need help . Baltimore to Port of Houston was a 3 PM Monday to 9 AM Tuesday with an 18 wheeler . I can get there quicker in a 4 wheeler and pick up a boat on the way . You just say the word .
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Very much appreciated Butch but we're doing ok. We're at the hospital since my daughter is in pediatrics anyway. They've given us a place to sleep, shower, and eat. I'm going to attempt to fly home this weekend so I can keep up with my boy's who've been with my parents the last week and Liss will head back once the baby is cleared to fly.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

congrats to your baby girl Painkry, hope you get her home soon
Don't be a dick
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Thanks Swede
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Are you going to name that little girl Stormy ?
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

FB_IMG_1504185365072.jpg
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Truckinbutch wrote:Are you going to name that little girl Stormy ?
+1. Harvey seems a little misguided for a chica.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We've had a few members that had to drop out of this year's gathering last minute . Could I get another roll call by next Wednesday ? That's grocery shopping day . Nobody will go hungry for lack of food at our house . Neither do we want to overbuy to the point that attendees can't carry off leftovers for their trip home .
Food will be served as a 'come and get it' buffet . There will be no designated portions per person like some venues .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

If SCD can pitstop here i'll send breakfast meats alongwith him.maple sausage and some dried venison.. Could also send a brisket along for dinner if needed.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Truckinbutch wrote:Could I get another roll call by next Wednesday ?
We're still going.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote:If SCD can pitstop here i'll send breakfast meats alongwith him.maple sausage and some dried venison.. Could also send a brisket along for dinner if needed.
Would rather have you here than extra food , but I understand obligations . We're picking up briskets on Thursday to get in the smoker on Friday to smoke about 22 hours to be ready to serve Saturday evening .
In lieu of a brisket if you had some fresh country butter I'm sure it would be well received .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:
We're still going.
Did you get the directions I sent you via PM ?
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Do got butter. Skimmin 2-3 gallons of cream a week. Ill get hold of hime this week end n find out.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Truckinbutch wrote:
BayouShine wrote:
We're still going.
Did you get the directions I sent you via PM ?
Yes sir.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

:thumbup: I see a plan coming together .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

oh shit guys , i didnt miss this did I?
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

i skipped through to the last page when i saw SCD mention something about being 4 weeks away. im going to have to go back and catch up.

last thing i saw was about the passing of Tbs father passing, very sorry to hear, im glad I was able to meet him.

Randy are you out there? we rolling?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

rager wrote:i skipped through to the last page when i saw SCD mention something about being 4 weeks away. im going to have to go back and catch up.

last thing i saw was about the passing of Tbs father passing, very sorry to hear, im glad I was able to meet him.

Dad went in a good way and enjoyed all you folks that came last year , including that 'funny talking feller '(The Croweater) that had that funny tastin whiskey (Bundaberg Rum)
We had been planning , on our end , that you were coming . If you can't we understand . The size of the group we are hosting determines what we can accomplish over a weekend and just how much food we need to prepare .
let us know where you stand .
{Edit] Hadn't mentioned it , but Dad emptied his last jug of whiskey into his last drink on the evening before he died .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Pm sent, Rager.

8)
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:
rager wrote:i skipped through to the last page when i saw SCD mention something about being 4 weeks away. im going to have to go back and catch up.

Dad went in a good way and enjoyed all you folks that came last year , including that 'funny talking feller '(The Croweater) that had that funny tastin whiskey (Bundaberg Rum)
We had been planning , on our end , that you were coming . If you can't we understand . The size of the group we are hosting determines what we can accomplish over a weekend and just how much food we need to prepare .
let us know where you stand .
{Edit] Hadn't mentioned it , but Dad emptied his last jug of whiskey into his last drink on the evening before he died .

oh man i remember that rum :sick: lol

so I was able to get a hold of randy. we are rolling together . his wife will be staying home this time with the kids.

looking forward to seeing you all again. cant wait to get my name on that bench again.

please let me know if there is ANYTHING we can bring

see you soon. have a great weekend fellas
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Rager ,
We have food covered . Randy's 2 chairs are waiting on you and him . Any sodas , beer , or mixers that you have a preference for could go on your list . We have malls a few minutes away for anyone that forgets something or needs to resupply .