S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Post by BayouShine »

Just took a look at the weather for this weekend. NICE! :ebiggrin:

I'm really looking forward to a change from 90*+ heat plus humidity! This in going to be great.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:Just took a look at the weather for this weekend. NICE! :ebiggrin:

I'm really looking forward to a change from 90*+ heat plus humidity! This in going to be great.
Yea , Buddy ! Couldn't ask for a better forecast here . Pleasant temperatures . Cool enough in the evening for a campfire that's not just for show . I'm hoping that everyone has as good a time as they did last year .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Man, I wish I could make it... maybe the wife will have a change of heart. 3:30am and I'm up with the little one here and I'm sure I will be then as well. Pour a drink (or 7) for me.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I'm still in. My still hand that was going to join won't be able. Looking forward to seeing everybody again
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I sure hope the Weatherman isn't mistaken about the coming weekend . Thunderstorms so bad here today that the streetlights in surrounding towns were coming on at noon .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I will be there on FaceTime, just give my number to somebody with iPhone butch. :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

2017-09-05-21-34-11-870002636.jpeg
2017-09-05-21-34-11-870002636.jpeg (8.69 KiB) Viewed 4353 times
Attachments
2017-09-05-21-38-37-870002636.png
2017-09-05-21-38-37-870002636.png (213 Bytes) Viewed 4351 times
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:I will be there on FaceTime, just give my number to somebody with iPhone butch. :thumbup:
We are going to do what we can to connect semi-sober particiants with the rest of our world .
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Truckinbutch wrote:We are going to do what we can to connect semi-sober particiants with the rest of our world .
Why can't I play?
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:We are going to do what we can to connect semi-sober particiants with the rest of our world .
Why can't I play?
'Scuse the hell out of me . We did not exclude totally sober or fully inebrieated posters from taking part . We were simply offering a middle ground so as not to be offensive .
I can see that we are off to a fun weekend . Repartee and likker blending . What can possibly go wrong there ?
Y'all know that I'm being facetious . This is going to be a finer party than last year cause most of us are attending the second or third party . Or fourth party .
Most of us know each other face to face as well as on line .
We will soon make friends with the newcomers to this year's venue . It's what we do .
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I didn't miss dinner, did I?

Sorry for being so vacant, all. Just this past weekend I was able to re-arrange life enough to be sure I could attend. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, shine... outlook wasn't so good when I got your voicemail, but all is fine now. Rager and I will be heading down on Friday morning. It will be great to catch up with everyone! Holly can't make it this year, unfortunately.

Is there anything I can bring to help out?
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We'll have the light on for you , Randy , and a fresh bite to eat when you get here . Holly will be missed .
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

Truckinbutch wrote:We'll have the light on for you , Randy , and a fresh bite to eat when you get here . Holly will be missed .

looking forward to it guys. cant wait to see the same faces and meet a couple new ones. gonna have to bust out a couple bottles of some stock thats been around a few years.

not sure if i missed it or not, but is jed coming?

im going to bring my jar that i left jedfest with that i left white and last years truckorama cuts blend that is still white so we can compare if someone were to bring the same oaked.

holly will be missed shes a whiskey drinking fire cracker for sure, kept up with the boys just fine.

see you all soon
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I have a half gallon that went on oak the day it was blended and is still on oak .
Jed said that he has to open his butcher shop early to meet demand and doesn't feel that he can make the party .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

A little update on what I'm bringing:
Neutral, uj from my potstill cut for drinking white, uj from my potstill aged on white oak for a year, uj from my flute cut for drinking white, uj from my flute cut for barrel aging, and some apple pie made from my neutral.

I've only had one other person in the hobby sample any of my product and I'm looking forward to criticism from the group on how I can improve.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

DSM Loki wrote:A little update on what I'm bringing:
Neutral, uj from my potstill cut for drinking white, uj from my potstill aged on white oak for a year, uj from my flute cut for drinking white, uj from my flute cut for barrel aging, and some apple pie made from my neutral.

I've only had one other person in the hobby sample any of my product and I'm looking forward to criticism from the group on how I can improve.
Feller that builds mega engines and has MCH for a buddy ............... WTF ! How could you not expect to have a good drop . I imagine that you will humble the rest of us with what you bring .
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Hey Butch, do you want any fresh eggs? We have much more than we need. I'd be happy to bring some.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

can anyone come or is this by invite :?:
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

Hey Butch, my wife thru me a bone and gave me the weekend off! If the invite still stands, I can make it down with SCD.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

RandyMarshCT wrote:Hey Butch, do you want any fresh eggs? We have much more than we need. I'd be happy to bring some.
Appreciate the offer . SOH stocked up from a local free ranger yesterday . She says we got that covered . I think good appetites are what needs to be brought to this party .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

panikry83 wrote:Hey Butch, my wife thru me a bone and gave me the weekend off! If the invite still stands, I can make it down with SCD.
You thought you had to ask ! Don't be late for the party .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

This coonass is locked and loaded!

See you fine folks Saturday! :mrgreen:
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:This coonass is locked and loaded!

See you fine folks Saturday! :mrgreen:
You might have picked a damned good time to unass that area and come up to the high ground . We got the light on for you .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

All showered up, about to put the coffee on. At least I'll be clean when I get to that mountain. :wtf:

Going to be heading your way in an about 30 minutes Butch. After I pick up a friend, and swing by our friendly neighborhood butcher!

Happy trails, safe travels. See everyone soon!
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Wish I was there, bought a six pack of blue ribbon and gonna dust of my Cabela's cap for the virtual meet facetime :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Soon as rager gets here, we'll be on the road as well. See you guys in about 10.5 hours, traffic pending. :thumbup:

DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Eastbound and down guys. See you about 1030
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Loaded up and truckin'...
Malt wagon heading out from our nation's capital crack o' dawn tomorrow morning.
Should be in by noon!
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Checking in on one of our pit stops. Smooth sailing so far!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Standing by for FaceTime,tried to text MCH but no answer.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still