Gathering in Portland, Oregon on Sept 16th, 2017

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Gathering in Portland, Oregon on Sept 16th, 2017

Post by OtisT »

Howdy. Let's get together!

Lots of talk of a gathering in the US Pacific Northwest region, so here is your next chance. Nothing fancy. Just gather to meet each other, drink a little and talk theory about all things stillin. Please post here or PM me if you are thinking of coming. I don't need any firm commitments, but I do want a ballpark number for determining the exact location.

Where: Portland, Oregon or immediate vicinity. Exact location TBD and for eyes only. I will find a public location where we can drink responsibly and where food can be prepared by us or purchased. I will not post the location pubically. Once I choose a location, I will only share the location with those who confirm they are coming.

When: Saturday Sept 16th, mid day to early evening.

Security: I will only share location with folks who are coming via PM or personal email. If you are a total noob on HD, I may ask you to put in more time before joining. That or a reference from an established member. Sorry, but a guy needs some standards and if you read folk's concerns on gatherings, you will understand. Patience!

Rules. Distillation theory only at this time. No stillin hardware. BYOB is TBD. This may be a bar I rent or a park. I will find a place where we can drink, and preferably a place where we can drink what we bring. I will communicate the rules on bringing your own jars/bottles and BYOB drinking once I have a location and know their rules.

Education: If the venu allows, I will be bringing a set of spirit jars from a run of Honey Bear Bourbon for a discussion on cuts. Other topics and suggestions welcome.
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Gathering in Portland, Oregon on Sept 16th, 2017

Post by sltm1 »

S.O.B., I'll be in the area but on the road and can't attend !! Next time.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Heading to Europe on the 13th.
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

Update on the gathering.

Education subjects: I completed my Bourbon spirit run jar set for discussing cuts at the gathering. I stole 50ml from each of 25 collection jars from my last run. Smells wonderful and I can't wait to go through this run with others.

Location to drink: I found that we can get a permit to drink in a public park (BYOB) simply by making a reservation, so we will have a location to drink our stuff and fire up a BBQ. :-)

Please remember to let me know if you are thinking of attending. Only two of us so far and we agreed to postpone if no others join on this date.

Otis
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Post by OtisT »

No takers for this coming weekend in PDX, so I'm canceling this and making other plans. Hopefully we can do this another day, when folks are available.

Otis