SRD and I

Discussions of fruits/ veggies and grains other then just mashing

Moderator: Site Moderator

Re: SRD and I

Postby goose eye » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:45 am

Dern son is we gonna have to anocalate you after your shinding. Ill be dern if you didnt use liter for a measurement. Now gal 1/2 gal quart pint an 1/2 pints is ok an if you into store bought 1/5 is tolerable but i aint evernever ever been in coal country an ask a bootleger iffin they got in liters for sale. So after careful consideration i think all the ole ole boys aught to dip you like a dog for fleas ticks and them dam metric bugs. Its for your own good.
You use liter an you a revenoour for shure.

So im tole
Last edited by goose eye on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
goose eye
Master Distiller

Postby HDNB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:47 am

goose eye wrote:Dern son is we gonna have to anocalate you after your shinding. Ill be dern if you didnt use liter for a measurement. Now gal 1/2 gal quart pint an 1/2 pints is ok an if you into store bought 1/5 is tolerable but i aint evernever ever been in coal country an ask a bootleger iffin they got in liters for sale. So after careful consideration i think all the ole ole boys aught to dip you like a dog for fleas ticks and them dam metric bugs. Its for your own good.

So im tole

BWAHAHAHAA. Gooseeye, you kill me. :ebiggrin:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Postby raketemensch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Is there a date/location for S3 yet?
raketemensch
Master Distiller

Postby Truckinbutch » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

raketemensch wrote:Is there a date/location for S3 yet?

Yep . Posted on the appropriate thread in Meet and Mingle .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Truckinbutch » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Way behind on catching up . SRD and Coalminer just can't get broke of the habit of workin long hours to make a living so they ain't been around much .
Anyhow, enzymes are working great . Mop bucket squeezer is efficient with paint strainers if you don't overload the strainer bag . You can get the good out of 3+/- quarts of mash in 3 squeezes by rotating the strainer bag each squeeze . Putting more in the bag gets less liquid out of the mash .
A 30 gallon mash normally yields 12 gallons of clear mash for the boiler and 12 gallons of cloudy mash for the thumper .
The finer I grind the corn , the better conversion I get . It looks like a fine grind with a few chunks until you boil that grain past 150 degrees . Those little chunks get all swolled up like they was whole kernels of corn and the drill starts laboring to mix the mess .
Anyhow ; grind fine , cook long , and make good shine .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby bilgriss » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 am

grind fine , cook long , and make good shine

Words to live by!
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Truckinbutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Fixin to set the 3rd barrel of corn oat mix in the morning . First one is ready to rack and run .
SOH went shopping in western MD with a friend today . Among other things she bought me 50# of steamed , rolled barley . Bless her heart . Now I can go back to AG corn/ oat / barley .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby HDNB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:44 pm

Truckinbutch wrote:Fixin to set the 3rd barrel of corn oat mix in the morning . First one is ready to rack and run .
SOH went shopping in western MD with a friend today . Among other things she bought me 50# of steamed , rolled barley . Bless her heart . Now I can go back to AG corn/ oat / barley .

May have to keep that one Butch.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
HDNB
Site Mod

Previous

Return to Fruit /Grain season is here