SRD and I

Discussions of fruits, veggies and grains other then just mashing

Moderator: Site Moderator

goose eye
Master of Distillation

Re: SRD and I

Post by goose eye »

Dern son is we gonna have to anocalate you after your shinding. Ill be dern if you didnt use liter for a measurement. Now gal 1/2 gal quart pint an 1/2 pints is ok an if you into store bought 1/5 is tolerable but i aint evernever ever been in coal country an ask a bootleger iffin they got in liters for sale. So after careful consideration i think all the ole ole boys aught to dip you like a dog for fleas ticks and them dam metric bugs. Its for your own good.
You use liter an you a revenoour for shure.

So im tole
Last edited by goose eye on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

goose eye wrote:Dern son is we gonna have to anocalate you after your shinding. Ill be dern if you didnt use liter for a measurement. Now gal 1/2 gal quart pint an 1/2 pints is ok an if you into store bought 1/5 is tolerable but i aint evernever ever been in coal country an ask a bootleger iffin they got in liters for sale. So after careful consideration i think all the ole ole boys aught to dip you like a dog for fleas ticks and them dam metric bugs. Its for your own good.

So im tole
BWAHAHAHAA. Gooseeye, you kill me. :ebiggrin:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

raketemensch wrote:Is there a date/location for S3 yet?
Yep . Posted on the appropriate thread in Meet and Mingle .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Way behind on catching up . SRD and Coalminer just can't get broke of the habit of workin long hours to make a living so they ain't been around much .
Anyhow, enzymes are working great . Mop bucket squeezer is efficient with paint strainers if you don't overload the strainer bag . You can get the good out of 3+/- quarts of mash in 3 squeezes by rotating the strainer bag each squeeze . Putting more in the bag gets less liquid out of the mash .
A 30 gallon mash normally yields 12 gallons of clear mash for the boiler and 12 gallons of cloudy mash for the thumper .
The finer I grind the corn , the better conversion I get . It looks like a fine grind with a few chunks until you boil that grain past 150 degrees . Those little chunks get all swolled up like they was whole kernels of corn and the drill starts laboring to mix the mess .
Anyhow ; grind fine , cook long , and make good shine .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

grind fine , cook long , and make good shine
Words to live by!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Fixin to set the 3rd barrel of corn oat mix in the morning . First one is ready to rack and run .
SOH went shopping in western MD with a friend today . Among other things she bought me 50# of steamed , rolled barley . Bless her heart . Now I can go back to AG corn/ oat / barley .
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Truckinbutch wrote:Fixin to set the 3rd barrel of corn oat mix in the morning . First one is ready to rack and run .
SOH went shopping in western MD with a friend today . Among other things she bought me 50# of steamed , rolled barley . Bless her heart . Now I can go back to AG corn/ oat / barley .
May have to keep that one Butch.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
coalminer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by coalminer »

Hey butch, I'm still alive. I am sitting here at 1am doing a stripping run. Seems it is the only time I get to make some drinks. Getting to be holiday and hunting season so I need some. I still have not found anything I can cook my mash in yet, still lookin though. For now uncle jesse's sugar wash is workin good, that is if I done lose anymore.
Time to switch the jar again, have a good weekend!
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

coalminer wrote:Hey butch, I'm still alive. I am sitting here at 1am doing a stripping run. Seems it is the only time I get to make some drinks. Getting to be holiday and hunting season so I need some. I still have not found anything I can cook my mash in yet, still lookin though. For now uncle jesse's sugar wash is workin good, that is if I done lose anymore.
Check out shineoncrazydiamonds post called easy large batch mashing. The point of it is, don't cook. Use a spare 15.5 keg to make a electric boiler with a drain. Boil water,15 gal,drain water to barrel fermenter,add 30 # grain ,mix well and wrap fermenter,boil 15 more gallon of water and add to fermenter with next 30# grain. Mix and the temp should be dead on for hi temp enzymes,mix again ,cover let temp drop to 148 add low temp enzymes,mix well,wrap and cover letting the temp fall naturally to yeast pitch temp.pitch yeast.done. no cooking. Use a fine grind cornmeal for best results.
1.060 -1.065 ish is normal. And good enough for me.
Jbt
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
coalminer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by coalminer »

jb-texshine wrote:
coalminer wrote:Hey butch, I'm still alive. I am sitting here at 1am doing a stripping run. Seems it is the only time I get to make some drinks. Getting to be holiday and hunting season so I need some. I still have not found anything I can cook my mash in yet, still lookin though. For now uncle jesse's sugar wash is workin good, that is if I done lose anymore.
Check out shineoncrazydiamonds post called easy large batch mashing. The point of it is, don't cook. Use a spare 15.5 keg to make a electric boiler with a drain. Boil water,15 gal,drain water to barrel fermenter,add 30 # grain ,mix well and wrap fermenter,boil 15 more gallon of water and add to fermenter with next 30# grain. Mix and the temp should be dead on for hi temp enzymes,mix again ,cover let temp drop to 148 add low temp enzymes,mix well,wrap and cover letting the temp fall naturally to yeast pitch temp.pitch yeast.done. no cooking. Use a fine grind cornmeal for best results.
1.060 -1.065 ish is normal. And good enough for me.
Jbt
Wow, now that is an idea! My pot can be used to boil the 15 gal of water. I put drains on both boiler and thumper. Thanks!!!
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid!
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

{Here's that link to ShineonCrazyDiamond's thread.}
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Boy ! Time flies when you're havin fun , or not . SRD is gettin the shit worked out of him what with the surge in the economy and the resurgence of fossil fuels .Coalminer was , too , until he hurted his back . Compensation settled in just about at the onset of the injury .
Same time I had some surgeries and lost better than a month of stillin time .
Got back in the collar this past week . Spirit ran a strip that had been sitting for months . Also cooked up 3 30 gallon batches of COB all grain mashes .
Spring's around the corner and I'm gettin energized . Hope to be more productive in the coming year .
The 24" ventilation fan took a shit last week . 15+ months of continiuos running for $119 in a hostile environment . Yep , I'll take that .........
Steamed the several months idle boiler prior to the spirit run . Definitely did not like the cunks that plugged the drains . Broke the whole thing down and really cleaned it .
New protocol is that if the rig is not going to be used in the next 3 days it will be broken down and cleaned and dried . Residual moisture in an idle still is not your friend .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Glad to see somebody's getting something done. I've been busier this winter than I've ever been, and it's really cutting into my quality stillin' time.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:Glad to see somebody's getting something done. I've been busier this winter than I've ever been, and it's really cutting into my quality stillin' time.
Well you better be gettin some of that stillin out of the way , Brother . You and her got a party to make in the fall and you got to share a fishin trip with me if my dreams come true .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things in the next 2 weeks or so. I have a bunch of low wines sitting around waiting for another run. 6 months is a short age time for me, so I hope things turn out well.