Wiki Formating Cheatsheet

Discussions pertaining to the homedistiller wiki.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Wiki Formating Cheatsheet

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Not sure of the compatibility with the version we're using but it should be close:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Cheatsheet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Re: Wiki Formating Cheatsheet

Post by kiwi Bruce »

Very Cool..thank you S M Y
Getting hung up all day on smiles
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Thanks Bruce.

I'm starting to get the hang of this. I started formatting pages with research on them like this: http://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.php/Fusel_alcohol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I think by doing this we give the reader a "First timer" definition while allowing links to research on said topics for more advanced users.

If you're on a Wikipedia page you can edit the page or edit the section to see how they do specific tasks. It provides easy access to examples of wiki editing code.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Single Malt Yinzer wrote:Thanks Bruce.

I'm starting to get the hang of this. I started formatting pages with research on them like this: http://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.php/Fusel_alcohol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I think by doing this we give the reader a "First timer" definition while allowing links to research on said topics for more advanced users.

If you're on a Wikipedia page you can edit the page or edit the section to see how they do specific tasks. It provides easy access to examples of wiki editing code.
Right on. Thanks for the help. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of it. Just typing and research with a few tags. And it is ever evolving and improving, unlike the home page.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

I had no idea that [[malt etract]]s would link to 'malt extract' but appear on screen as 'malt extracts'. I've even "corrected" a few of these. Ah, live and learn... mediawiki is smarter than I am.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

Not only could I not find an answer, I couldn't figure out best place to ask the question.
Maybe this thread can expand and include questions about bb code.
Simple ( ? ) question.
If I am creating or replying to a post, and I want to add a member into the thread, how do I do that?
On other forums I just type @ and start typing UncleJessie and his name will pop up to include.
When posters do that to me, I get a notification that "Someone" mentioned me in a conversation.
Is there a version of this in this version of BB terminology?
:wtf:
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

TDick wrote:...If I am creating or replying to a post, and I want to add a member into the thread, how do I do that?
On other forums I just type @ and start typing UncleJessie and his name will pop up to include.
When posters do that to me, I get a notification that "Someone" mentioned me in a conversation.
Is there a version of this in this version of BB terminology?
:wtf:
You piqued my curiosity on this and here's what I found:
It is an administrator option tag ("Mention") on PHP version 5.4.0 and above.

Another feature (apparently NOT available) that I'd not mind is a "LIKE" tag. Maybe too Facebook-y for the preferences here, though.