Turbo stomper still

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

mcmopar1214
Novice

Turbo stomper still

Post by mcmopar1214 »

I am so new to this that I don't know what I don't even know. First is the turbo stomper still a good sthill that works with few problems. If not where do I buy one that does. Besides the still is there anything major that I will need, like I said I know nothing, and any info will help.

Thanks Mcmopar
MOONSHINE!!! sounds like trouble waiting to happen, lets find some
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Read over sights in my signature and get an idea of what its all about . Then ask away
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Rocky_Creek
Rumrunner

Post by Rocky_Creek »

Just my opinion, I think it is a piece of shit, I could be wrong.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and them's pretty good odds.
TEC
Bootlegger

Post by TEC »

I think it depends upon what you want to make.

I know nothing of the quality of the craftsmanship of these stills, but who ever did the website spells about as good as my 9 year old and makes all sorts of claims I do not believe.

In fact my 9 year old knows enough to use spell checker when at the computer and a dictionary when not.
norcal
Novice

Post by norcal »

search the forum.
pothead
Rumrunner

Post by pothead »

Not to knock anyones craftsmanship, but from what I have seen about these things....they are way overpriced pieces of crap.
"Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country."
"The best things in life aren't things."

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge"-Albert Einstein
mcmopar1214
Novice

Post by mcmopar1214 »

Thanks, after doing a little reading on here I agree, I am going to build my own. Now off to find a stainless steel milk can.

Thanks agin
McMopar1214
MOONSHINE!!! sounds like trouble waiting to happen, lets find some
Captin Moron
Bootlegger

Post by Captin Moron »

junk, preying on the ill informed anxious newbie.
norcal
Novice

Post by norcal »

mcmopar1214 wrote:Thanks, after doing a little reading on here I agree, I am going to build my own. Now off to find a stainless steel milk can.

Thanks agin
McMopar1214
Right on! Good luck.
You may consider a sankey keg and an adaptor like brewhaus sells. I spent a lot of time building an adaptor for my first keg. Not to mention trying to seal it. With the adaptor it would be a snap.
level Joe
Swill Maker

Post by level Joe »

Found some on e-bay , they dont look exactly like mine but they sound right.
Salus populi suprema est lex. [L.] The safety of the people is the highest law.
Workerbee47
Novice

Milk Can or Beer keg

Post by Workerbee47 »

mcmopar1214 wrote:Thanks, after doing a little reading on here I agree, I am going to build my own. Now off to find a stainless steel milk can.

Thanks agin
McMopar1214
Just FYI, I used a 15.5 gal beer keg, it was a lot cheeper then a milk can, at least where I live (Minnesota), I just went down to a local liquor store, and paid the deposit on the keg, and did not return it, the deposit was $12.00, and it is all stainless steel and it worked great. If you like I will PM you some of the pictures of it, and I heat it with two electric hot water heater elements, a 1500w and a 3500w, takes 20min. to get up to temp. and then I turn off the 3500w element and just run on the 1500w, I do a 25L wash this way, and it works great. By the way, I also think the Turbo Stomper is a piece of SHIT.
Captin Moron
Bootlegger

Post by Captin Moron »

I must say sometimes its hard to be well informed with bits of scattered information on the internet. Especially building a still. If I were you, I would pick up a book like Ian Smilys makeing pure corn whisky, or John stones makeing gin, or a copy of the complete distiller.

This way you have all the information organized for you in sequence, you have total diagrams, and detailed explinations of how to build and use the stills step by step. Basically you get the quality and satisfaction of building your own without the trial and error, and stress of gathering bits of information.

I used Ians book Makeing pure corn wisky and I love it. My still works awsome, and it only took me a weekend to build. You can make 95-96% pure neuteral spirits or you can crank open the valve and run off some nice flavoured whisky and rums. He even has charts to follow to get perfect results every time, untill you learn your own tastes and develop your own procedures.

Which ever book you choose, its perfect for the person who is new to the hobby.