COLONEL WILSONS COPPER MOONSHINE STILLS

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

smctanks
Novice

COLONEL WILSONS COPPER MOONSHINE STILLS

Post by smctanks »

Hello Does anybody no anything about the Copper Moonshine Stills by Colonel Wilsons Copper Moonshind Stills. The one in thinking about purchasing is the 10 GALLON GEORGIA RIDGE http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards

Stephen R McCurdy
smctanks@hotmail.com
possum
Distiller

Post by possum »

I don't own one, but everyone I heard from loved his work.
I cobbeled mine together from copper sheet, but his look real nice.
He will do custom work if you ask, but demand is high, and will usually take a little time.
Hey guys!!! Watch this.... OUCH!
Captin Moron
Bootlegger

Post by Captin Moron »

damn thats some nice work, and the prices are very reasonable. I dont think you can go wrong with that.

My only problem would be concealing something like that, I guess it would be perfect for a farm, but to have that laying around the house would atract allot of attention. Maybe you can build a hidden room like the Dukes lol.
DBM
Novice

still

Post by DBM »

Look at the 10 gal bottle still. That's the one you need. Have him make the bottom part any size you want. Mine's 25 gal. I had him to add two 7/16 copper lines righ at the full line. I just pump the wash out of the mash barrel with a bilg pump (with a filter on the suck tube) right into the still. I connect a line to the other 7/17 line and run it to a bucket, when sumpthing starts running int the bucket I know the still is full. Then just disconnect the lines and hook them up to the water recirculating barrel, and you are ready to go. I whittled me a coupla sticks to plug the fill lines with. Best still you can fine anywhere.
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

I have to second DBM, I have the 10gal Gerogia still and I think that it is a great still. The only mod I could think of is that the condenser could be a little bigger(longer), or if he could have coiled the tube carrying the vapor prior to putting the cooling jacket on. The thing that I like is that the top of the still is a 2" threaded coupling, so in the future you can attatch a colomn to it when you want to move up to a true reflux still.
As for where to store it? if you keep it polished and the house decore is right you can keep it on an end table as a conversation piece, his craftsmen ship is excellent!

Furball
smctanks
Novice

thanks

Post by smctanks »

thanks every one for the intormation

sounds like i will go with this still

was thingking about the The Classic PDA-1

regards

stephen r mccurdy
smctanks@hotmail.com