Walmart copper scrubbers are not copper

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fishhawk357
Novice

Walmart copper scrubbers are not copper

Post by fishhawk357 »

I bought a bunch of the walmart copper scrubbers and did the magnet test and they were attracted to the magnet. They had two types. One clearly said "copper coated" and the others said "copper mesh scrubbers". Both are the same and are not pure copper. Just in case anyone is wondering.
Husker
retired

Re: Walmart copper scrubbers are not copper

Post by Husker »

Nothing quite like Chinese crap to spoil your day

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

It pays to check the package to see if it lists anything about what the scrubbers are made of... I was looking at copper scrubbers a while ago and the package clearly stated 100% copper... Now, while I can't be certain that they are truly the 100% they are stated to be at least I know they're not only 10% copper coated...

Hey, is that a magnet in your pocket or do you have a thing for copper scrubbers... :twisted:
fishhawk357
Novice

Post by fishhawk357 »

I went to two different walmarts and bought every package of copper scrubbers they had...........THANK GOD they only had 3 packages between the two stores. I would have wasted more gas returning them then they were worth. But they do shine my columns up real nice anyway. Lesson learned.
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

You are best off ordering from Amphora society. They produce a HIGH quality structured copper mesh, that I think is far better than scrubbers (less channeling of distillate, and the wires are considerably smaller).

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.