Mile Hi Distilling

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

big_daddy_d
Novice

Mile Hi Distilling

Post by big_daddy_d »

I just wanted to let everyone know that the pot still i got from Mile hi distilling is awsome. I was having a problem getting a palatble sugar wash through my still. I called them up and spoke with a very kind and informative gentlemen. Who turned me in the right direction. Im now running a fresh Turbo 48 sugar wash and all i can say is DAMN lol. The temps are holding steady and the liquid coming out is rather tasty uncut and aired out.Going to use the hearts for some Strawberry Panty Dropper.The rest im gonna mix with the not so tasty that i made the other day and do a spirit run on it in the mourn.
Godstilla
Swill Maker

Re: Mile Hi Distilling

Post by Godstilla »

Yay to you! I think you'd be even happier once you stop using Turbos. I know I'm glad I quit them. :)
Rudi
Rumrunner

Post by Rudi »

Read Wineos plain ol sugar wash you'll be glad you did(its in the tried and true section)
Such is life
big_daddy_d
Novice

Post by big_daddy_d »

The first one i did was dwwg and it smelled and tasted rather good before i ran it.The second one wich was the turbo was pretty tasty also. So far knock on wood, All my washes have started working with in 20 to 30 min of pitching yeast. My 2 ujssm washes are in my bathroom with a small space heater set at 80 deg.F. They almost started immidietly and are starting to slow a little(started them Thur. afternoon). Tuesday I plan on doing a stipping run on them.
Hawke
retired

Post by Hawke »

Have had good success with those folks. That UJ will be some fine stuff.
It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.
Valved Reflux, 3"x54" Bok 'mini', 2 liebig based pots and the 'Blockhead' 60K btu propane heat
Piter
Novice

Post by Piter »

Agree with you on their products. I have their pot still column on a 7.75 gallon keg. I just finished my first run of UJSSM and it tasted pretty good, even if young. Can't wait to see what a little wood aging will do for it. 8)
'A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.'
Damian
Novice

Post by Damian »

How long did it take you guys to get your supplies from mile hi I ordered on the 18th and my order is still pocessing