THUMP KEG

Simple pot still distillation and construction with or without a thumper.

Moderator: Site Moderator

leob2
Novice

THUMP KEG

Post by leob2 »

I need an answer today get if possible.I getting ready to run 15 gal. I have a beer keg still and I'm using a 1 gal pickle jar as a thumper.
Question: do I let the product fill the thumper and run down the condenser or do I keep empting the hooch before the hooch reaches the top and use the thumper juice for my next run.thanks in advance.
I hope that I feel better when I'm ridin' in that hearse.
Tater
Admin

Re: THUMP KEG

Post by Tater »

I wouldn't use glass jar as a thumper .Would recommend that you read up on uses of a thumper before adding one to your still . http://homedistiller.org/equip/designs/thumper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
leob2
Novice

Post by leob2 »

I have read many replies and stiildidn't an answer.doI the jar spill over into the finished product or emty the jar beforeit reaches the condenser tube?
(I quess I wan't to know if I just want the vapors from the jar or is it ok if the liquid is ok.Its a sugar and turbo yeast wash sothere is no solids involed.
I hope that I feel better when I'm ridin' in that hearse.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

I definitely agree no glass,, if the thumper is sized right /run right it should never over fill. wash should work good just cover end of down tube.