Where is it legal now??

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

nedscreekkennels
Novice

Re: Where is it legal now??

Post by nedscreekkennels »

MuleKicker wrote:Has anyone here been caught/prosecuted, or know someone who has for home distillation? My wife is scared about me being caught and wants me to shut my operation down. I have too much invested and am finally getting the hang of this (not to mention love doing it). I need to put her at ease somehow. I know it aint legal but i aint hurtin no one and dont want to give this hobby up. I dont really know what the max penalty for small time use is but i couldnt see more than a fine and a "dont do it again" unless neg attention is drawn to me, i think they just dont care.
sounds like my wife getting her holy roller pantys in a knot
Hawke
retired

Post by Hawke »

One of the members here got nailed last year. Never did hear the outcome. I do know they confiscated his equipment and hooch.
First offence is usually a fine, taxes on the booze and probation. If they catch you selling or distributing, may be more severe. It does count as a fellony.
It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.
Valved Reflux, 3"x54" Bok 'mini', 2 liebig based pots and the 'Blockhead' 60K btu propane heat
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

Im not selling (obviosly) It just dont seem right that a guy cant do this for his own gain. our govmt. is wrong! I need to find a way to put her at ease. any ideas? I love this sport!!!!
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
nedscreekkennels
Novice

MuleKicker wrote:Im not selling (obviosly) It just dont seem right that a guy cant do this for his own gain. our govmt. is wrong! I need to find a way to put her at ease. any ideas? I love this sport!!!!
trade her in for a more understanding model
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

nedscreekkennels wrote:
MuleKicker wrote:Im not selling (obviosly) It just dont seem right that a guy cant do this for his own gain. our govmt. is wrong! I need to find a way to put her at ease. any ideas? I love this sport!!!!
trade her in for a more understanding model
No, learn to make her favourite drink so well that she will insist you keep doing it. :wink:

More seriously, in most parts of the world, if you are keeping a low profile, not selling or making large amounts, or involved in any other serious illegal activity, chances are you won't get caught, and if you do it will only be a relatively minor slap on the wrist.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

No, learn to make her favourite drink so well that she will insist you keep doing it. :wink:

That is the best answer Ive heard yet............ Her fav. drink is beer. Dammit. :roll: On the other comment, about gettin caught, my thoughts exactly.
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

MuleKicker wrote:Her fav. drink is beer. Dammit. :roll:
Ah. Well, you are just gonna have to wean her onto your finest spirits. 8)
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

do you make your own beer? if not just start, its a reason to have fermenters, pots, grain, almost everything but the still.
nedscreekkennels
Novice

My other half don't drink from time to time feel like spikeing her drink
blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

nedscreekkennels wrote:My other half don't drink from time to time feel like spikeing her drink

My first mother-in-law was totally against alcohol (in spite of her convict origins - she's from Tasmania :) :) ) but she made her own ginger beer. It was funny to watch her dispose of half a bottle and suddenly become very chirpy. She would never accept that the bubbles were the result of fermentation making alcohol.

blanik
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

nedscreek you spike your wife drink an you wont last a month before they no. in less than a 6 months
youll no they no. what you dont here is how many folks is caught cause the heavy dope get the press
unless they got dope an weapons to.
you do no you got a county abc board. what you think part of there job is. now these other boys from other states an such mite not have much to worry about but you need to tread litely but figure you a growed man an no what you doin.
me i aint got no problems cause i aint ever made no likker an aint agonna in the future

ole boys no a few folks been caught. depends on who gets you an for what. county state or feds.

so im tole