selling a still on craigslist

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

phish_311_live
Novice

selling a still on craigslist

Post by phish_311_live »

Hi will I get into any trouble for selling my hommade 6qt moonshine still on craigslist? I see people selling still on ebay, so im guessing not, I just want to make sure though I just recently got into a lot of legal trouble and I dont want to get into any more, and I heard that cops patrol craigslist. The only law I found was its legal to distill water and other essenses, and you can own a still in 1 gallon capacity or less, which 6qt is over a gallon. Whats your thought?
rubber duck
retired

Re: selling a still on craigslist

Post by rubber duck »

If your on parole or recently beat a rap I wouldn't be selling it on craigs list. It's just not worth it to get busted by a over zealous DA. I wouldn't do it but I'm a little careful.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

phish_311_live wrote:The only law I found was its legal to distill water and other essenses,
There is your answer, sell it for essences, anyone who knows anything about a still should be able to work out that you can also use it to distill spirits.

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
Little Lukie
Bootlegger

Post by Little Lukie »

It is not against the law to sell a still.The goverment has a right to request to whom you sold the still to.It is against the law to distill alcohol not to own a still.I hold my state and federal license to make ethanol and I know what I'm talking about.
wellerjohn
Novice

Post by wellerjohn »

Can't you distill water with it? Seems like a legal use of a still.
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

phish_311_live wrote:Hi will I get into any trouble for selling my hommade 6qt moonshine still on craigslist? I see people selling still on ebay, so im guessing not, I just want to make sure though I just recently got into a lot of legal trouble and I dont want to get into any more, and I heard that cops patrol craigslist. The only law I found was its legal to distill water and other essenses, and you can own a still in 1 gallon capacity or less, which 6qt is over a gallon. Whats your thought?
Have a friend sell it for you and keep your nose clean. Its too easy for things like this to come around and bite you in the fleshy part of the law...
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.