4.5 gallons of wash gone in the blink of an eye

Production methods from starch to sugars.

Moderator: Site Moderator

toofless one
Swill Maker
Location: Where I can whizz in the front yard...and nobody would ever know

4.5 gallons of wash gone in the blink of an eye

Post by toofless one »

Mods: Move this if necessary

Friday night/saturday morning, wife was moving a fermentation bucket i had that took 3 weeks to finish (cold climate). As she was moving this bucket, she lost her grip and the entire contents were released upon the kitchen floor. :evil:

uh-oh. my 2 cents: always be careful with your fermentation vessels. even if they ferment out to completion, you can still lose half your yield in a non-fermentation related accident.

ps. no wives were harmed in the making of this catastrophie. :P
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 4.5 gallons of wash gone in the blink of an eye

Post by Braz »

Ouch!

Who had to clean it up?

Probably lucky it had fermented out else it would have been all sugary-sticky and really hard to clean up.

I've had visions of tripping on the back steps while trying to carry 5 gal. of wash out to the refrigerator in the still room (garage).

Braz
Braz
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Read this post title on the Blackberry. Thought you lost 45 gallons for a minute there.

Now that would have been a heart braker.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

Braz wrote:Ouch!

Who had to clean it up?
not me. 8)
LWTCS wrote:Read this post title on the Blackberry. Thought you lost 45 gallons for a minute there.

Now that would have been a heart braker.
two things: i now have motivation to get a blackberry.

2. if it was 45 gallons, you would be reading about it in the newspaper, "tragedy strikes" somewhere in the headline! :lol:
"Learnin to still is alot like eating a dinosaur...ya gotta do it a bite at a time"
ScottishBoy
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ScottishBoy »

Im guessing you had to clean it up because "You made it. If you hadnt left it here, I wouldnt have had to move it!"
ScottishBoy
HD Survival in a Nutshell...
Read.Search.Listen.Ask for feedback, you WILL get it. Plastic is always "questionable". Dont hurry. Be Careful. Dont Sell,Tell, or Yell. If you wouldnt serve it to your friends, then it isnt worth keeping.
Whitedog
Swill Maker

Post by Whitedog »

ScottishBoy wrote:Im guessing you had to clean it up because "You made it. If you hadnt left it here, I wouldnt have had to move it!"
That sounds like the way the conversation (more accuratly, argument) would have started in my house! :D
mrhooch
Swill Maker

Post by mrhooch »

I bet it smelled real purdy though...

I still cook my batches on the stove, I can leave it overnight cause I have to pitch the yeast, but it had better be cleaned in the morning! (If I want any peace and quiet).
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

I feel for you tooth. I lost about 30 gallons recently. Luckily my indecent was outside.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
toofless one
Swill Maker

Post by toofless one »

rubber duck wrote:I feel for you tooth. I lost about 30 gallons recently. Luckily my indecent was outside.
30 makes my paltry 4.5 seem like a drop in the bucket (yuk yuk yuk). Sorry for your loss.

Just so everyone is clear: I DID NOT have to clean it up. sure, it wouldnt have happened if i wasnt fermenting anything at all, but she moved it and knew i was a hobbyist of sorts when we got married