Mile Hi Distilling

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goose eye
Master of Distillation

Re: Mile Hi Distilling

Post by goose eye »

sounds like you got alot of excuses.

think id go an take a business class . you in the business to make money dont mater if it outfits likker or widgets. you catchin a atitude with them that pay your salary aint good for business. you cant handle
dum questions well who makes up your market. if 20 percent is dum folks guess what you gonna be babysitin 20 percent dum questions. if you cant handle it hire someone to answer email an phone call. make em subcontracter an 1099 em you worryed bout money. would you put up with someone you hired
handlein phone like you do but truthfuly i could give a dam less what you do

so im tole
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by milehidistilling »

We did just hire two more people in the last few weeks so the phones should get assured unless we are on the other line and then it goes to voice mail.

The company exploded in the last 4 months and I was not expecting that large of growth. I was busy with a new industrial condo that I been working on sense last March doing the tennet finish we finally moved in about 6 weeks ago.

Believe me the last 9 month have been a challenge being my own contractor and doing construction also trying to run the company. The new place is 4 times the size of the last one and with 2 new employees things should run much smoother.

I’m actually hoping the company will level out very soon. I think the company is at a good size right now and would like to keep it that way. It just seems to me the more a company grows the more problems and more taxes.

The government really but the screws to small companys for every $1000 I pay my employers the government taxes me $400 and then taxes the employees.

My plan is to sell this company in a few years and start over and keep the other one small. I was making a decent living with one employee and things were much simpler. 8)
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

for every 100.00 payroll i was payin 22.96 for workmans comp
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I like keeping things simple and my quality sells itself.
Last edited by milehidistilling on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArkyJ
Swill Maker

Post by ArkyJ »

Since your still here and talking quality. I ordered a pot still from you in Nov. You promised it would arrive before Christmas and it did. Thank You!
However; On the pot still tower, liebig arm. It sticks straight down the 8gal cans side. Can you not 30 to 45 degree an extension onto the liebig arm to get it away from the heat source. Tack $10 dollars onto the price of the unit or make it an option for the unit.
You sell an excellent unit. Please make it a great one.
ArkyJ
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I started this business to make a living and give people well-built distiller. I did not expect this growth but its great there are a lot of people taking up this hobby and hopefully it will be legalized like medical marihuana.

In Colorado the government finally realized thy can tax the grap out of pot and make money. It’s crazy anybody can walk in to a dispensary get a permit for $75.00 and walk out with a bag of pot.

I think there are about 2000 dispensaries in Colorado. I don’t smoke but people will smoke pot legally or not so might as well create jobs and tax it.

It should be the same with distilling. I have a permit to make 1000 gallons a year for alcohol fuel so its legal for me to run my still but if that alcohol falls in my martini glass I go to jail. WTF
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hold on to the tower and pull from the bottom of the condenser out until it’s at the angel you want. It’s going to bend just a little bit in the 2” tube don’t worry it won’t hart it and won’t be noticeable. If there are any problems just send it back for a replacement and I’ll pay for shipping both ways.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

wont be long before someone else jumps in the maket just lablein them made in 3rd world country
for 3/4 your price no mater what it is.

so im tole
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

goose eye wrote:wont be long before someone else jumps in the maket just lablein them made in 3rd world country
for 3/4 your price no mater what it is.
Prolly gonna take another 50 years before there is a level playing feild,,,,,,,, if it's at all possible.
Tougher times ahead.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I thinking you will see Ronco infomercial for home distillers soon. But wait if you buy now get a free? I’m think people will want quality over saving few dollars for grap
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

milehidistilling wrote:I’m think people will want quality over saving few dollars for grap
There are a whole bunch that do now,,,,,, but the big corporations are gobbling up all the competion and littering the country with a bunch crap that has a service life of no more than 5 years just so we can continue to feed the monster.

Soon the young ones won't even understand what a well made,,,,,,,,anything is.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

good luck
Last edited by goose eye on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr WiNdTech
Novice

Post by Sr WiNdTech »

@ milehidistilling

Please read my thread - http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=19468

Please comment either there or here.

Another question is, has the gov't ever came an asked you for the buyers information? One reason I haven't bought from you is just that, the gov't already knows enough and they don't need a reason to knock on my door.
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I had a company try to sue me for the 2 part tower and I got the idea from a photo off this web site. I used to drop ship for the other company and a called and told him I think a 2 part tower was a good idea. He told me it was too much extra work and parts. I went ahead and started selling them. 2 months later he started selling theme on his web site and sent me litters saying I was infringing on his patient.

On his website to this day he tells people he’s the originator of the 2 part tower and that a bunch of grap. His patient pending has been pending for 6 years. I believe it’s illegal to say that sense it never got patented from the patient office and it only takes a year. Patent pending only means he sent an application in.

Also the company tells people that all his turbo and essences come from a manufacture in Sweden but I recently started working with a company in England that manufactures turbo and essences. Phil the owner of the company in England told me the company in Sweden was a large customer and only buys in bulk and as far as I understand there is no manufacture in Sweden for turbo or essences.

I can’t believe the greed.
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nop I’m selling these as water distillers and we sell a lot of theme. And as far as I understand it’s not illegal to have a distiller but it’s what you use it for makes it legal or not. If you have question just give me a call on my cell 720-635-7740 thanks mike
Sr WiNdTech
Novice

Post by Sr WiNdTech »

Quoted from your homepage -

Welcome.

Moonshine & Alcohol stills by Mile Hi Distilling, the longest standing small scale distiller manufacturer in the USA. Our alcohol stills & moonshine stills are built one at a time with the highest quality craftsmanship. Buy direct!
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

this aint passin the smell test.

you say you aint got time to talk to folks then you give out your cell phone number over the internet
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

I hired to 2 more people so gives me more time to answer questions. But the phone is usually busy that’s way I gave him my cell. Why do you even care he has a few questions about making a tower similar to mine and will be happy to help.
batf
Bootlegger

Post by batf »

while your here mr milehigh.....you sell the dome lid seperate? wanting to upgrade mine.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

would of thought bout pm a cell number
milehidistilling
Site Donor
Site Donor

batf wrote:while your here mr milehigh.....you sell the dome lid seperate? wanting to upgrade mine.
Ok give Lorie a call on Monday and tell her mike told me $28.00 for the lid and let here know the size flange we need to weld on. So $28.00 for the lid and flange plus about $6.00 for shipping.

Have a good weekend