TEA KETTLE POT STILL

Many like to post about a first successful ferment (or first all grain mash), or first still built/bought or first good run of the still. Tell us about all of these great times here.
Pics are VERY welcome, we drool over pretty copper 8)

Moderator: Site Moderator

bobcarioca
Novice

TEA KETTLE POT STILL

Post by bobcarioca »

This is a temporary pot still I put together until I receive my 9.3 liter SS boiler. Safety first, tested several times with water for
leaks both vapor and liquid and ventilator on right of unit in case any vapors come up. Waste of time, I don´t think so, since I have
made several runs and improving with each. I have learned CUTS the hard way, first runs threw all in to large jug, smelled,
rubbed, tasted, fire on spoon and plate, next DRANK. iT ALMOST TORE MY THROAT OUT AND I SAW A BLUE FLAME FROM MY
BUT. Later I added this jug content to the next finished wash and ran a spirit run, first shot down the drain and blended the balance
to a mellow tasting, mouth warming, rum flavored liquor. This finished liquor was at 53%ABV. Made my own hydrometer, which
is pretty accurate, basing on alcohol at .7870 and water at .9850. Can go into this point later. Your comments appreciated, even
though there is not much to comment on, tea kettle and all. Thanks for your continuous help.
Attachments
Cut proceedure, first shot down the drain
Cut proceedure, first shot down the drain
Wash under way, 2 liter water, 450 grams crude cane suger, 200 grams corn meal, slap of tomatoe paste, drips lemon juice, 10 grams bread yeast.
Wash under way, 2 liter water, 450 grams crude cane suger, 200 grams corn meal, slap of tomatoe paste, drips lemon juice, 10 grams bread yeast.
Liebig head details
Liebig head details
24 inch 1/2 inch copper with 1 inch jacket, NO LEAKS
24 inch 1/2 inch copper with 1 inch jacket, NO LEAKS
2.5 Liter kettle, ALL SS
2.5 Liter kettle, ALL SS
Bushman
Admin

Re: TEA KETTLE POT STILL

Post by Bushman »

Looks like a lot of liquor for the size of your fermentation? I thought about making a kettle still for essences to add to my reflux neutrals but think I will just build a pot column to interchange with my keg boiler!
adanac58
Bootlegger

Re: TEA KETTLE POT STILL

Post by adanac58 »

decent , im guessing you werent able to build anything bigger for stealth reasons ? looks cool to me :P good job man
brewhaus standard 5 gallon stainless steel pot still.