Walnut Creek traditional still

Other discussions for folks new to the wonderful craft of home distilling.

Moderator: Site Moderator

wlogwihlas
Novice

Walnut Creek traditional still

Post by wlogwihlas »

Hello All,
Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this outfit. http://www.walnutcreekmetamora.com/Stills.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow ? Any reviews of experiences with this company and coppersmith would be much appreciated. Thank You all.
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Walnut Creek traditional still

Post by Braz »

I have no idea about this company. Never heard of them till now.

But, they are located in Metamora and I get there at least once a year. It is a nice motorcycle day ride destination for me. I'll be sure to look them up this summer sometime.
Braz
Stilly
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stilly »

I thought brass was a no no unless pickled first. I would want to know before purchase.

stilly
wlogwihlas
Novice

Post by wlogwihlas »

Braz- I ride bikes as well. If you do take a ride over to that neck of the woods I would definitely be interested in hearing your findings.
Stilly- I didn't notice the brass fittings, I'm glad you did. I will do a search on whether its ok or not. However if someone knows off the top of their head I would be interested in knowing. Thanks guys for your replies, this is a real nice forum.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Unless you are really wanting a copper boiler. You could make a nice pot still yourself. Have enough left over to get just about everything you need to go with it. For the same price as one of those stills. Don't get me wrong. Those are some nice looking stills. But man I could build one hell of a still with a keg for a boiler for a lot less.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
wlogwihlas
Novice

Post by wlogwihlas »

PP- Its my plan to build a stainless steel pot for a starting point. But, If the hobby o mine keeps I would like a copper one. I have limited copper experience, but would prefer to make my own for privacy sakes. All that stated, I really liked the looks of the guys copper work and wanted to find out more about them.
Good luck with your next coffee batch ;)