do you guys think this guy is trolling me?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

adanac58
Bootlegger

do you guys think this guy is trolling me?

Post by adanac58 »

some guy on another forum ( not even alcohol related ) tried to tell me i have no idea what im talking about when it comes to alcohol ( it really was out of no where lol ) i told him, i have a little experience in home distilling and wine making so i would like to think i know what im talking about a bit at least. then he says that i am lying and there is no way they would ship a still to my door and if i do make it it is probly crappy , so i told him the website i got it off of my model ect. then he says he makes 90% liqour with his 25 gallon pot still and says that mine is crappy because it only comes out around 60% ( lol ) i told him that i dont think proof has much to do with quality and that he can pretend he knows what hes talking about there because its not a distiller forum and that i would carry on over here where people really know what there talking about, i know this post probly seems pretty rediculous but this guy really got under my skin and i need yer help to call BS on this guy, for one can 90% really be achieved in a pot still ? and does proof really have anything to do with quality ? what also lead me to beileve that he was trolling was first he was disagreeing with what i said then after disagreeing with his own posts ( he must have forgot what he typed earlier ) like at first he said he doubts that i am making liqour since " a still is like a bomb " and the flash point of alcohol is very low it is dangerous ect... then he goes on to say that he makes it ( wtf ) only after i said it ....EDIT: and also he claims to shop at the liqour store frequently .... im pretty sure if he had a 25 gallon still he wouldnt have to go to the liqour store for like a year.... even after one run lol
brewhaus standard 5 gallon stainless steel pot still.
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: do you guys think this guy is trolling me?

Post by Braz »

If it were me, I'd just ignore him. He's an idiot.
Braz
adanac58
Bootlegger

Post by adanac58 »

Braz wrote:If it were me, I'd just ignore him. He's an idiot.

GREAT ADVICE ! :lol: maybe i should have just done this in the first place
Ian Jay
Swill Maker

Post by Ian Jay »

Yes, just ignore him. He most probably has a low self-esteem and is trying to compensate by transferring his inadequacies on to you. If you refuse to respond he will quickly move on to another victim.
adanac58
Bootlegger

Post by adanac58 »

i have many other hobbies and am registered to many other forums but this is by far the most helpfull and easy going. ive never been trolled here , sometimes i come here drunk and make stoopid posts and i am always forgiven and my questions are ALWAYs answered , especially considering how small this community is. one of my other forums has hundreds of thousands of members and i struggle to find people with advice that is actually helpfull, you guys are great. i hope thanksgiving went great for you americans, i know mine did last month :D
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

Braz wrote:If it were me, I'd just ignore him. He's an idiot.
Ditto. I myself have a rather hot temper when someone gets to insulting my intelligence or what I do, when they have no clue. For all you know, he is a kid that has no clue about anything. Both of you could be making shitty booze, the truth being neither of you knows the difference. (I doubt you are, just for the sake of arguing) Blow him off, he is looking to get ya wound up.
Cheers. MK
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
AKAAB
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by AKAAB »

Tell him you'd be happy to continue the conversation on HD.
AKAAB
Thanks for playing. We have a nice home version of the game for you as a parting gift.
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Good advice adanac58...

In Glasgow we say, "throw him a deafy.."... Take no notice, he'll soon get the hint...

He's winding you up mate, don't acknowledge him at all... :thumbup:
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
Large Sarge
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Large Sarge »

We here in the deep south would tell him to EAD (Eat a D*ck) an move on brother. I ain't interested in sharing knowledge, hooch, or any precious time dealing with ass clowns. The world seems to in no short supply these people today. I'm guessing he lives in a fantasy or only collected crap.....either way the world usually finds a way to deal with these people. I think Darwin was the guy who thought it up.

On a lighter note, congratulations. You're cool enough to have your very own cyber stalker! Be proud, but if he shows up here you might need to change your name, burn all your identification, cut contact with all known acquaintances, and move to a small island in some far off country. I know a guy, but it's gonna be expensive, that can place you in a "Program" to reinvent yourself. But that's all I can say in public.......of course, I'm kidding......maybe. PM me if you get in too deep! Oh, and occasionally turn around real quick for absolutely no reason just to check your six!
If you look like food, don't be surprised when you get eaten.