Thumper barrel quesiton

Fittings, parrots, packing, tooling and so on.

Moderator: Site Moderator

FCShiner83
Novice

Thumper barrel quesiton

Post by FCShiner83 »

How in the heck does a thumper barrel exactly work??? I watched popcorns video of his last damn run of likker but am still lost as to how it exactly works and the reason for using it. I saw that he put water in it and i've saw pics on google but really don't understand. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Moonshining runs in my veins like Jesus runs in a preachers
retlaw
Swill Maker

Re: Thumper barrel quesiton

Post by retlaw »

http://homedistiller.org/equip/designs/thumper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Ignore that hideous unsafe little stove top setup on that page...
FCShiner83
Novice

Post by FCShiner83 »

Think I got it, so in other words your running two pots at the same time more less but the thumper is being heated by the steam coming off of the mash pot which is more less distilling the vapors a second time bumping up the % of alcohol. So if I have extra wash after I fill my pot that can be put into the thumper and bump up the ALC%??? Correct me if i am wrong i'm here to learn what my uncle didn't teach me.
Moonshining runs in my veins like Jesus runs in a preachers
NcHooch
retired

Post by NcHooch »

FCShiner83 wrote:Think I got it, so in other words your running two pots at the same time more less but the thumper is being heated by the steam coming off of the mash pot which is more less distilling the vapors a second time bumping up the % of alcohol. So if I have extra wash after I fill my pot that can be put into the thumper and bump up the ALC%??? Correct me if i am wrong i'm here to learn what my uncle didn't teach me.
Ya FC, that's pretty much the long and short of it ...pretty simple really, but very effective.
NChooch
Practice safe distillin and keep your hobby under your hat.