Sweet feed recipe...will this work

All about grains. Malting, smoking, grinding and other preparations.
Which grains are hot, which are not.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jar me up
Novice

Sweet feed recipe...will this work

Post by Jar me up »

Im trying a sweet feed recipe i found online except that when i opened the bag i felt immediate disappointment....unfortunately i felt under pressure at the feed depot while shopping so i made the mistake of not lloking at ingredients before the buy but here are the ingredients as read on label:
Peanut hull pellet, molasses, soy bean mel, corn and oats...do i just dump this 50 lb bag and just stick with corn or can i use it and add to it some more corn? The bag was under $20 so its not much of a biggie but they had no clue as to what the recommended manna pro hi grain was and the bag i got was what the store recommended after me quickly answering that i was sent there by grandfather for sweet feed....what should i do mash wise with this if i do use it as mash id prob pillow case it as the recipe says buti dont know if i should use it
fullhouse
Rumrunner

Re: Sweet feed recipe...will this work

Post by fullhouse »

whats it going to hurt to try it? does it have any pellets in it?i get the 12% all grain(about 12 bucks a 50# bag) and tell them its for a spoiled goat lol...main thing to stay away from is alfalfa and such not sure what the peanut hulls will be like but it doesnt sound good..still wont hurt to try it...and try looking in the tried and true section for the sweet feed recipe ...also while ur at why dont u stop by the welcome center and properly introduce yourself...good luck
3' Essential Extractor PSII High Capacity (Brewhaus) on gas,recirculating 60 gal olive barrel for cooling
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for ~ Socrates
Jar me up
Novice

Post by Jar me up »

Will do an thanks for reply...didnt think about introducing myself but definitely will do
RScottyL
Novice

Post by RScottyL »

Jar me up wrote:Im trying a sweet feed recipe i found online except that when i opened the bag i felt immediate disappointment....unfortunately i felt under pressure at the feed depot while shopping so i made the mistake of not lloking at ingredients before the buy but here are the ingredients as read on label:
Peanut hull pellet, molasses, soy bean mel, corn and oats...do i just dump this 50 lb bag and just stick with corn or can i use it and add to it some more corn? The bag was under $20 so its not much of a biggie but they had no clue as to what the recommended manna pro hi grain was and the bag i got was what the store recommended after me quickly answering that i was sent there by grandfather for sweet feed....what should i do mash wise with this if i do use it as mash id prob pillow case it as the recipe says buti dont know if i should use it
Yeah, the best thing to do is try it and see how well it works. If you opened it, you may not be able to take it back depending on their return policy.

Luckily, a 50# bag is usually under $15, so not much of a waste if it doesn't work out.

You definately do want to try to find them in the future with all grains, and no pellets!
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

You do realize the last post on this thread was 10 months ago?
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
altaran
Novice

Post by altaran »

Haha....what a delay.....now that man can finally make his sweet feed whisky......too bad the only thing that aged in the last 6 months is him.....:mrgreen:
RScottyL
Novice

Post by RScottyL »

Prairiepiss wrote:You do realize the last post on this thread was 10 months ago?

LOL, of course, but as a "newbie", I am going through and reading alot!