WLP050

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

wv_hillbilly
Swill Maker

WLP050

Post by wv_hillbilly »

I found a couple threads where people have talked about this yeast, but no one posting of their experience with it. Has anyone tried it and care to share their results?
chrisc69
Novice

Re: WLP050

Post by chrisc69 »

i plan on using this strain soon ill be taking a v log as well for youtube not sure if ill shair it with all of youtube and just post a direct link from my thread i have started asking about this one or what yet
rreidiii
Novice

Re: WLP050

Post by rreidiii »

I am a complete noob but I have tried this yeast since White Labs is about a couple minute drive from work. I am using it on a UJSM and have had the same experience with about 4 generations so far. I could never get the fg down below 10.10 or so maybe 10.06 and it seems to stall after a week or so. After a week to 10 days I check the pH to see if this might be the culprit and it is always really low like 3.2 to 3.5 so I have been bringing it back up above 4.5+ with either sodium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate and it take quite a bit to bring it up. Just the other day I added some bakers yeast per advice from the members here and one of the beers has dropped to 10.00 a couple days ago, I'm going to check it tonight and see if its ready to rack. The guys over there are really nice and helpful I think I'm going to stop by there a little more frequently to pick their brains. the few times I've been there the guys are having a beer after work at their beer bar and have been informative.
The beermaid said that they are getting lots of walk in customers who are starting the hobby.