WARNING California Copper Creations

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

M_Wag13
Novice

WARNING California Copper Creations

Post by M_Wag13 »

California copper creations is a rip off. Please do not order anything for this guy. It took almost 4 months to get my still and it didn't even come complete. It only came with the pot; didn't have the cap for the pot, thumper keg, thermometer, or the flake stand with the worm. I have tried to call and Email this guy and I get no response. He left me no choice but to file a claim with the credit card company. There was another guy on this fourm that this happen to also so it wasn't just me. The guys name is Gabe Bernstein and the company is Californa Copper Creations.
wildman1983
Swill Maker

Re: WARNING California Copper Creations

Post by wildman1983 »

From what I found out its best to build ur own. I went through bootlegger stills they the same way. I went through pay pal and they gave me the money back. But I did it before they ever shipped I waited bout 20 days then contacted PayPal and they refunded me. Then I started finding out how to build one
Barbarian Brewer
Novice

Post by Barbarian Brewer »

As a follow up to my previous posts on CA Copper Creations...Well I finally got most of it. Basically I ordered a 25g got a 20g. It did not come with any connecting copper he finally sent the heater and parrot but it is a partial deal like everything else no plug etc. etc. Craftsmanship on all the parts is sub par he did not make all the piping able to connect easily the parrot was built crooked and pipe was bent.. I had to buy a few hundred worth of parts stuff to make it work right. So basically I would not do the order again. I think I wish I had just gone with http://www.whiskeystill.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow But hind site is 20/20 right!?
wv_hillbilly
Swill Maker

Post by wv_hillbilly »

I'd just build it, you know you will have quality work in a timely manner.
F6Hawk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by F6Hawk »

It's a shame people/businesses like this exist. But keep spreading the word thru forums such as this, and they will eventually go out of business.

Sorry for your loss though, that sucks.
BentJar
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BentJar »

About 1/2 of the joy in stilling came from the fact that I built the still with my own hands. No one can take that from me. It is my own creation.
From scrap copper came a device that produces A quality alc. beverage. It will never wear out.

I know many of you will say ....No, I dont have the skill, I dont have the tools, I dont have any room to do it. No one will help me. Ah...woe is me.
Get off the couch, turn off the tv and make it happen. You will be proud of your self for once in your life.

Each time you set up your still to cook, it is yours, you made it, you know how to run it.
its a wonderful feeling of satisfaction and a store bought still will never deliver that Joy.
The bad experience you had with your still purchace will come to mind each time you use it

There is all the help in the world right here on HD, all the information is free for the taking. Advice on critical stages is freely given. You have no excuse now so Man up and get moving, geather up the things you need to start and from that point, move forward slowly.

Forget " I want to make licker now". It dont work that way. You build up the skill just like you build up the still. They are brothers.
Technical work requires research and from that comes learning. You will get there, you have the disire or you wouldnt be here.

Ok im done
Bent
Last edited by BentJar on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLD MAN IN THE SHED
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BentJar wrote:About 1/2 of the joy in stilling came from the fact that I built the still with my own hands. No one can take that from me. It is my own creation.
From scrap copper came a device that produces A quality alc. beverage. It will never wear out.

I know many of you will say ....No, I dont have the skill, I dont have the tools, I dont have any room to do it. No one will help me. Ah...woe is me.
Get off the couch, turn off the tv and make it happen. You will be proud of your self for once in your life.

Each time you set up your still to cook, it is yours, you made it, you knoe how to run it.
its a wonderful feeling of satisfaction and a store bought still will never deliver that Joy.
The bad experience you had with your still purchace will come to mind each time you use it

There is all the help in the world right here on HD, all the information is free for the taking. Advice on critical stages is freely given. You have no excuse now so Man up and get moving, geather up the things you need to start and from that point, move forward slowly.

Forget " I want to make kicker now". It dont work that way. You build up the skill just like you build up the still. They are brothers.
Technical work requires research and from that comes learning. You will get there, you have the disire or you wouldnt be here.

Ok im done
Bent
MAN! You NAILED IT ! I hope all the novices take your advice to heart . The first guy didn't have the skills , neither . He just kept banging away until he got what he wanted . We all have the many 'first guy's ' mistakes to profit from . The longest journey begins with gettin off your ass and taking that first step .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
PotStill1972
Novice

Post by PotStill1972 »

Good Morning All,

Ive been reading a lot of negative things about California copper creations, and I have not only bought 2 stills from them, but I live locally and have visited them on more than one occasion. This guy is no rip off, and has done excellent work. I was there a few days ago, and I actually heard Stephan and Crystal Hendricks call (anyone can see all the comments they have made on youtube and facebook), and this guy actually wanted instructions on building his own still. As I have noticed, most of the negative stuff really seems to be from about the same 6 people repeatedly .

I now that he is in the process of training someone, I also know that he is the only person doing everything. This guy works 14-18 hours a day in his shop making stills from the the hours my wife and I keep. I see UPS trucks at his house picking up boxes 5 days a week. I also know he is fighting for custody of his daughter from his crazy ex, whom I have met.

I guess the point is, is that Gabe is a very nice person that is seems to be extremely swamped. I have personally heard and been around for some of the ridiculousness people call about. Sometimes when people say they are running behind, they really are running behind, not ripping people off. The times I have been at his shop while he was working, the phone rang constantly. Before he finished with one person, 2 or 3 more would call. His phone rang nonstop, no joke. I saw how much time it takes to do phone calls, etc in the short times I was there, and the volume was astonishing.

I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement for customer service and the like, but some of you people really need to grow up, and stop bashing an honest person. From the looks of it there is a really good chance that those 6 people are the same ones I see posting here. I'm just tired of seeing someones good name be drug through the mud. If you have made a purchase from him, and its late, either email him to get a ship time, or ask for a refund. There is nothing scammy about someone being over worked and over swamped and that causing delays.
Last edited by rad14701 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typos and spelling, and added white space...
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Kinda sounds like the company needs to rethink its business plan and add help when help is needed... Being too busy is worse than not being busy enough because you end up losing more money that was potentially there for the making and the quality of the work done may potentially suffer...

Perhaps rather than merely attempting to defend the company you should be asking what you can do to help... :think: Any problem not fixed is still a problem no matter what the excuses... :idea:
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

I don't think a paying customers gives a rat's ass what the reason is for not receiving what they paid for. That's the main point that the owner of California Copper needs to understand.
I do all my own stunts
Shorebilly
Novice

Post by Shorebilly »

I placed an order in feb and havent recieved my order or even parts of my order every email i get from gabe (all of 2) have promised a shipping label within 2 weeks and guess what still nothin so i will leave it at i will never order anything from california copper creations again and the same photo of the still i ordered i can get for the same price on amazon repeat same photo used for ad Just wanna know where my product is
beyondupset
Novice

Post by beyondupset »

Postby PotStill1972 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 am

Good Morning All,

Ive been reading a lot of negative things about California copper creations, and I have not only bought 2 stills from them, but I live locally and have visited them on more than one occasion. This guy is no rip off, and has done excellent work. I was there a few days ago, and I actually heard Stephan and Crystal Hendricks call (anyone can see all the comments they have made on youtube and facebook), and this guy actually wanted instructions on building his own still. As I have noticed, most of the negative stuff really seems to be from about the same 6 people repeatedly .

I now that he is in the process of training someone, I also know that he is the only person doing everything. This guy works 14-18 hours a day in his shop making stills from the the hours my wife and I keep. I see UPS trucks at his house picking up boxes 5 days a week. I also know he is fighting for custody of his daughter from his crazy ex, whom I have met.

I guess the point is, is that Gabe is a very nice person that is seems to be extremely swamped. I have personally heard and been around for some of the ridiculousness people call about. Sometimes when people say they are running behind, they really are running behind, not ripping people off. The times I have been at his shop while he was working, the phone rang constantly. Before he finished with one person, 2 or 3 more would call. His phone rang nonstop, no joke. I saw how much time it takes to do phone calls, etc in the short times I was there, and the volume was astonishing.

I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement for customer service and the like, but some of you people really need to grow up, and stop bashing an honest person. From the looks of it there is a really good chance that those 6 people are the same ones I see posting here. I'm just tired of seeing someones good name be drug through the mud. If you have made a purchase from him, and its late, either email him to get a ship time, or ask for a refund. There is nothing scammy about someone being over worked and over swamped and that causing delays.

I ordered my unit from Mr. Gabe on February 8 and have yet to receive it. When I did call, I got excuse after excuse after excuse, which is not what I paid $800.00 for. And now when I call the number on his website, it is disconnected or no longer in service; imagine my surprise.

I have tried calling, emailing...nothing. I really don't care why he stole my money, but he did just that. As far as I am concerned, he is nothing but a common thief and I am quite sure the CA BBB would love to hear about him, which is my next communication regarding this matter.

For you to defend him, such as you have, speaks volumes about your character.
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

I would say potstill is mr gabe from California creations
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
Stainless
Swill Maker

Post by Stainless »

+1 dd
look at his post count ???
Stainless
Luceo Non Uro
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

Gabe needs to spend more time fulfilling orders verses trolling the different forums telling everyone how good he is undercover of course. People like that makes you want to track them down and ......... I'm sure you know where I was going. Not much worse than a thief in my book
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
FoxTrot
Novice

Post by FoxTrot »

Mr. Gabe is now operating as Mistermoonshine01 on youtube. He has not fulfilled all of his order from his Ca Copper Creations business and instead opened a new online store called Powder River Copper Works. It is very obvious that PotStill is Gabe Bernstein of Ca Copper Creations - by the way, I looked at the various forums and stopped counting when I reached 30 customers complaining of not having received their still - maybe Mr. Gabe needs to remove his shoes and socks so he can count higher. Instead of being honorable and fullfilling the orders of customers that have already sent him their money and have been waiting 6 or more months he is shining them on - disconnecting his phone numbers, not responding to emails and worst of all not sending them their still (which I will say again has already been paid for). This so-called-man's name doesn't need to be drug through the mud - it is already there. I just hope people are doing their homework before buying anything on the internet. Too many rip-off jerks out there giving the rest of us a bad name. Good luck to any of you still trying to get your still or money back from him.
cboozer0511
Novice

Post by cboozer0511 »

I ordered my still on 5/7/13 and have yet to receive anything but one email from him saying he will be printing out a shipping label tommorrow...blah blah blah. I wish I would have seen this forum prior to placing my order! Does anyone have any advice on trying to get my money back since it looks as if Gabe skipped town?
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Call you CC company and tell them you have yet to receive the goods as promised. Demand your money back. Good luck.

I just called and says the number is no longer in service. Dunno.
I do all my own stunts
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullySilenced »

I would email him asking to cancel your order first and ask for a refund... ... this looks good to the cc company when you file it... then...

Do the cc charge back... its easy to do... just go to your bank and fill out the form and take your paperwork with you... if he replies just stand your ground and answer as fast as possible

I would email him asking to cancel your order first and ask for a refund... ... this looks good to the cc company when you file it...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

This rip off so disgusts me ! I would gladly help anyone in my area with the advice and hands on experience of doing their own fabrication of parts for no charge . I draw the line at being present when it is put into operation .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Theatrebug
Novice

Post by Theatrebug »

Gabe has set up 2 different companies now in Oregon..one is Powder River Copper works. And now copperflutes.com
Highly recommend no one do business with this man. Look at his complaints from Calif. Nothing has changed.
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

Its a good example of what to watch out for and not approve.
FoxTrot
Novice

Post by FoxTrot »

Yes, Gabe Bernstein formerly of Cacoppercreations is currently selling on etsy, amazon, powderrivercopperworks.com, and Copperflutes.com. Because of fraudulent business practices he is no longer using his own name but that of his wife to open businesses. Nothing has changed! Just read the complaints, same story, same person, just different business names. BUYER BEWARE DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE BUSINESSES.