S3:16

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Re: S3:16

Post by woodshed »

Those little Taylors are sweet.
BD, any tunes you would like. Chances are very high that Jimbo can play it.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Woodshed, I have to admit I haven't read back but has a date been set for this next years meeting? I have booked a condo for next years ADI conference April 4-7. Probably can book a condo near you if it's before or after the ADI conference but two trips south might be tough on my schedule.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

June 25 and 26 Bushman.

Working on Kenny Wayne's Slow Ride as well on the Pyewacket S3 cigar box. Slide is hard for me but i'm givin it what I got. Hoping to jam with Jimbo and T-Pee. And whoever else shows up and wants to play.
midwest shinner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by midwest shinner »

Gonna be starting my s3 :16 mash on my days off next week hopefully if I get this other batch clogging up my fermenter finished first. I'm stoked, gotta talk to ya via pm or something Shed, as Tracy and I truly were not joking and are planning on pulling up roots here and coming out your way. We need to, life here is unfulfilling and we need to be where we feel happy. And the last time we were happiest was out near your slice of paradise. Ive never known anything but city life and the older i get, the less i enjoy it.Enough of this for now will post back when I finalize my recipe, and will pm ya sometime soon, glad to hear your rocking on that sweet cigarbox man, that things a beaut.
There's whisky in the jar
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

Just put a mash on that I hope will be palatable enough in time for S3:16, it will have to represent me as attending in person is not going to happen due to cost.

Also thought of a way that we can generate a bit of money for HD, not sure if it's a breach of rule 9 though so mods feel free to remove it if so.

My thinking was to have a raffle for the bottles that make it to S3:16, just a couple of dollars per ticket.
And folks who can't make it could be part of the raffle too, just donate in the amount of raffle tickets you want, I know many of us who can't attend would still love to be able to sample the fruits of other members labour.
If you win a bottle you have to add the cost of postage to get your bottle sent to you.

It may be a bit cumbersome and to much of an hassle for the one or two people going that will essentially have to look after the raffle, just a thought.
Don't be a dick
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Swedish Pride wrote:Just put a mash on that I hope will be palatable enough in time for S3:16, it will have to represent me as attending in person is not going to happen due to cost.

Also thought of a way that we can generate a bit of money for HD, not sure if it's a breach of rule 9 though so mods feel free to remove it if so.

My thinking was to have a raffle for the bottles that make it to S3:16, just a couple of dollars per ticket.
And folks who can't make it could be part of the raffle too, just donate in the amount of raffle tickets you want, I know many of us who can't attend would still love to be able to sample the fruits of other members labour.
If you win a bottle you have to add the cost of postage to get your bottle sent to you.

It may be a bit cumbersome and to much of an hassle for the one or two people going that will essentially have to look after the raffle, just a thought.
I think that's pushing the envelope. Now you have money and an exchange. Heck, even everyday door raffles push the definition of gambling.

I for one appreciate the intent, but think it's not a very smart move. Personal consumption does not mean to give to friends, either...
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I can appreciate the intent as well but there is NO way that is happening at one of my meetings.
We did donate a portion of last years t shirt sales to HD and a portion to HDA.

Attending a meeting anywhere here in the States involves a certain amount of personal risk anyway.
While I feel that risk is minimal as proven by the previous meetings in the US I am not comfortable asking those who attend to up the risk.

Once the hobby becomes legal I think it is a great idea SP but not until so.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

You absolutely cannot raffle off bottles of illegal spirits legally... Any talk of doing so is against The Rules We Live By... No selling, no bartering, no raffling, no gifting, no nothing... And some folks here are overlooking the fact that it is home distillation of spirits for personal consumption... That means that once what you make is out of your hands and/or off your property without you being present, you are breaking our rules here... However, you can take a bottle or jar with you for a sampling with friends such as has been done at member meet-ups...

In the years since I have been coming to the site, which is a few more than I have been a registered member, I have seen folks get more and more lax with regard to our rules as they apply to "personal consumption"... It may be worth everyone revisiting the rules, paying close attention to rules #6, #9, and #10...

And lest we forget, if you get caught transporting illegal spirits in your vehicle in some states that vehicle is subject to seizure for auction, on top of any and all other charges... Doesn't matter if it's an old beater or a brand new Cadillac Escalade... You'll be left making payments on a vehicle you no longer own... Same goes for your home in some states...

Perhaps this information would be better suited for the Forum Rules, Notifications and Helpful Hints section... We may play down the risks, but those risks remain real just the same...

Posted the same time as woodshed...
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

I hear yous loud and clear, good motive, bad idea.
I'll rack my brains to see if I can come up with other ideas on how to help HD finacially
Don't be a dick
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Personal donations or approved auction item will be only way allowed.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

4.5 months out. I hope your spirits are on wood!

If not, better start some now. If you prepped this week, mash in this Saturday, ferment one week, run, put on oak...that would give you exactly 4 month old product.

If you plan to strip and spirit, better kiss your sweetheart fast, and mash today! :shock:

My Toasty Smokey Bourbon is 2.5 months. In the dead zone, but still delicious!

S3:16 are you ready? :wave:
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

I am ready, I'll have some 9 months old by June, and some at 6 months. been jamming on the bass as well working on some new tunes, looking forward to jamming, tasting and meeting all the fine folks! edit: bringing some homebrew as well.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

Hope y'all bring some good stuff. I'm close to making some but have to perform the proper cleanings on every thing I have. No way it will have enough time to age at this point. Have considered trying to get a few gens of a sugar head going..
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

four months is still enough time to have something ready, especially a nice white corn whiskey. I'm just hoping mine compares to what others are bringing, there is some tremendous talent here on the forum.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I won't be able to attend the meeting, but I would like to send a few bottles for the group to sample. How can I go about doing this?
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

is this still going ahead or will I have to consume my "in spirit" jar myself?
Don't be a dick
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

I was wondering the same thing SP.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Okay. I have proposed this before ... and I know it is a long shot, but - shit - I passed it past the missus and she is fine with it ... soif a few of you were willing to fly over to the Netherlands, we could do the S3:16 at my place.

Say a long weekend, where we visit Amsterdam (the little town I live in is only like 30 minutes away), do some cycling (leisurely - we have no mountains), have the ladies checked up to make sure they are not witches (we have the Oudewater Witch Scale close by), visit Brewery De Molen with some of the best beers in the world (so the judges say - I may not agree fully) ...

... and do a few runs here at my distillery, maybe making gin or vodka or new make spirit. And for sure we could use my place as the place to do some drinking and judging, talking and making music.

We have two hotels in town. Both at walking distance from my distillery. One is cheaper yet okay. The other is really scenic.

Just let me know if there is any interest!

Amsterdam Red Light District:

http://www.amsterdamredlightdistricttour.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Oudewater Heksenwaag:

http://www.heksenwaag.nl/web/en/home/?language_id=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Stadshotel Woerden:

http://www.stadshotelwoerden.nl/en/rest ... n-woerden/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

that's why I was wondering tp, I knew he hadn't been around or posted in a while. :(
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

firewater69 wrote:
that's why I was wondering tp, I knew he hadn't been around or posted in a while. :(
If I get info on the meet I'll post it here.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Brutal wrote:
firewater69 wrote:
If I get info on the meet I'll post it here.
Banned from a site means just that . Kind pointless to ban someone and then have them passing messages through someone else. Please keep any dealings with wood off these forums.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

yep, that is what I was referring to TP.
Oidin is right though, there is no reason it needs to be held at the same place each year, not sure if many would travel to the Neatherlands for it though, no matter how much you are trying to push the redlight district :lol:

If anyone picks up the mantle, let us know, I for one loved to read the original S3 tread.
Don't be a dick
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Vegas is nice that time of year if ya don't mind 110f, stripper glitter, gambling, drinking and debauchery.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

Tater wrote:Banned from a site means just that . Kind pointless to ban someone and then have them passing messages through someone else. Please keep any dealings with wood off these forums.
Understood Sir. No problem.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

firewater69 wrote:
Bzzt wrong answer, this development only just happened
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

thecroweater wrote:
firewater69 wrote:
Bzzt wrong answer, this development only just happened
Crow, I didn't need a formal announcement or for Tater to state that there was a removal to know that the S3 meeting was getting rocky. I've been looking at sheds last visit date as well, and I was never fooled the first time.

I put in for time off, but I purposely did not buy a plane ticket. I'm glad there was notice before too long.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

yeah I was posting just for clarity , I'm not into kicking a man when he's down, have always got on most cordially with woodshed on here and no doubt would in person but it is what it is
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
3d0g
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 3d0g »

Damn unfortunate.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

i like that idea odin. dont have any drop. am still held up by home brewery build to make anything for a while.