Moderator: Site Moderator

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

healthier cream gravy

Post by jb-texshine »

2 cups 2% milk
2 tablespoons corn starch
Black pepper and salt to taste

Combine cold milk and cornstarch in small pot and stir while bringing to a boil until thickened.Remove when thickened . Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: healthier cream gravy

Post by Bigbob »

jb.......you turning Californian? :thumbup: :wave:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Naa, bout a year back damn dr. told me i had high cholesterol. Its good now though. This is the only "heart healthy" recipe that was worth a damn taste wise so i thought id share it. I quit eating fast food and my cholesterol is now normal,never did get around to the entire diet though.
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I may have to try this since I've been using sausage grease for too many years, glad I only eat this 2-3 times a year!

I do however make a gravy from milk and veg oil for my green fried maters!!!
GrassHopper
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by GrassHopper »

Know what they say bout' good health JB......"It only prolongs the inevitable". Gimme another drink.
Only kidding of course, we all should eat better. But it is hard. Especially, when the real bechemel sauce is soooo damn good!
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Eat all the cream you like, it's the carbs that kill you... http://www.dietdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Best place to start for newbies - click here - Courtesy of Cranky :-)

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Mikey-moo wrote:Eat all the cream you like, it's the carbs that kill you... http://www.dietdoctor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"....The numbers represent grams of carbs per drink, e.g. what you’ll get if you order one in a bar.

When it comes to drinks it’s pretty straightforward. Pure spirits like whiskey, brandy, cognac, vodka, tequila contain zero carbs and they are all fine on low carb.

However, avoid sugar-sweetened drinks. Note that the popular drink Gin & Tonic is full of sugar, 16 grams – a common mistake on low carb. Switch to vodka, soda water and lime instead, and you’ll have zero carbs.

The worst option of all is to mix alcohol with soda or juice, this will be a sugar bomb....."

That I find hard to believe ! However, it does seem to be good news - except when you raid the fridge in a "munchies need" - which always seems to follow a "drinkies" or ten ! :roll:
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Having said what I said in the last post, we were at a car-boot sale last weekend and I bought a book for 50p "The New High Protein diet" - Dr Charles Clark and Maureen Clark. Giving it a try - Have lost 4 kilos (8.8 lb) in five days - without cutting down on the drinks as mentioned by Mikey Moo ! - The recipes aren't up to much but if you take on board teh principles and get a book called "Carbs and cals" - meant for diabetics, you can come up with great food ! :)

[Edit - only rule is "keep total carbs below 40g a day" - STeak = 0, fried burgers =0, cheese =0, Bacon =0, eggs = 0, fried mushrooms = 0-1, and as mikey says "Hooch"=0 ! ]

{Edit 2 - The "munchies" aren't a problem either :D - Just keep a fried chicken leg, some cheese and a tomato on a plate in the fridge "For later" :D ]
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Sounds great Pikey... the site I link to above has a recipe section with lots of yummy recipes in it. They're all free to access too :-)

It's the only thing that works for me... I just need to get back on it!

If you have used this site to save money by making your own top quality booze at home then please consider donating a couple of dollars to help keep this site running. Cheers!
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

who want healthy gravy :?: :?: :?:
burnt gravy is the best
with steak drippings
now thats to die for
with butter and fresh cream from the separator
salt and pepper.
all you need is biscuits and mashed tatters
now were talkin :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Mikey-moo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mikey-moo »

Dammit now I'm hungry again.

just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Years ago my Doctor gave me a diet that is simple and easy to remember, The IITGSIO Diet: If It Taste Good Spit It Out.

* not much fun, but it does allow you to drink all the Jim Beam and Jack Daniels you can stomach...not much fun either, come to thinks of it. Just realized, every time I threw my guts out in college I was drinking one or the other.