coming to Merica, late April 2017

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Bushman
Admin

Re: coming to Merica, late April 2017

Post by Bushman »

emptyglass wrote:Time flies Crazy, its close just 2 weeks now...

I had a visit from Bob from Nevada, he made mention of how expensive Aussie beer is in comparison to American beer. I'm looking forward to some cheap beer :thumbup:
Make sure you try the micro beers as they are a lot better IMO. Wish you guys were going to make it out west. In a couple weeks shrimping opens up and I think you guys would enjoy the process.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

About a week to go guys, pretty sure you blokes are going to have a time to remember :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:About a week to go guys, pretty sure you blokes are going to have a time to remember :thumbup:
I'm sure that anyone they get to see will do their best to provide a good time .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Truckinbutch wrote:
thecroweater wrote:About a week to go guys, pretty sure you blokes are going to have a time to remember :thumbup:
I'm sure that anyone they get to see will do their best to provide a good time .
Yep statement holds true, Odin took care of me when I visited the Netherlands and I would hope he feels the same while visiting me!
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Bushman wrote:Wish you guys were going to make it out west. In a couple weeks shrimping opens up and I think you guys would enjoy the process.
Damn sure I would enjoy it Bushman, I love anything to do with boating/ water/ fishing / crabbing....its how I spend a large part of my summers here.
Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to make it to your side of the country this time around. :(
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Drinks are free SBB, cant wait to crack a drink for ya mate! Been a long type session the last yrs, we be cobs when drinking face to face YA Eh! cheers me mate!
7 days and counting then the Nek Minit we be drunk! Weehaa
It is what you make it
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

If it looks like your travels will get you in my direction you are welcome to stop . Just give me a heads up .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I highly recommend a stop in with Butch if you can manage, he and the mrs. are such great people
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Thanks Butch :thumbup: , I will see where our travels lead us. If at some stage we are in your neck of the woods I'll see what can be done about meeting up.
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

If you swing by Dublin on your way home I'll point you to a good B&B
Don't be a dick
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Be just about right on 4 hours drive from where you start out to Butch's. We traveled down that road as far as Sutton but instead of swinging left from there we continued south down to the New river and after a week and some in that area went west to KY . It was some stunning scenery and fantastic people.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Thanks for the travel tips Crow :thumbup:
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Enjoyed the visit . Both Empty Glass and Salty were loads of fun .Both are welcome back anytime .
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Thank you Tater, The hospitality and the sight seeing were both well beyond my expectations.
That's one very nice part of the world you live in.
Loved all that you showed me and the history lessons that came for free with the guided tour. :thumbup:
I hope that one day I can repay you n Mrs Tater by doing the same for you both in my country.