Need prayers

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

just sayin
Rumrunner

Re: Need prayers

Post by just sayin »

Happy to hear your wife has turned the corner! Will continue to pray for you both.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Awesome news Crankster. Get some rest yourself, she's gonna need you at your best.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
jackpinesavage
Novice

Post by jackpinesavage »

You gotta um. Saying prayers for you both
JPS
Like a lumberjack but wilder
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Glad to hear things are better, hope she continues to improve.
Just saw this post Cranky.
jackpinesavage
Novice

Post by jackpinesavage »

Prayers for you both!
JPS
Like a lumberjack but wilder
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Sorry to here brother, best wishes, stay strong.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Thank you everybody, sorry I haven't been on much or given many details but it has really been a rough week, well a couple really, and it was all I could do to hold myself together.

I have started on a long drawn out version of the details if anybody is really interested but the short version is Thursday evening she took a ride to the ER. Although she has no history of diabetes when her blood sugar was checked it was 1,400 when it should have been well below 150 and she had Kitoacidosis, which basically means her blood had become so acidic her body starts to eat itself. Soon her kidneys shut down and shortly after that breathing was becoming too difficult and they put her on the respirator. Friday morning before the kidneys shut down I ran home to feed the cats grab a few things, take a shower and run back, As I was leaving I thought to grab the iPod because it is small and an easy way to look stuff up on a questionable internet connection. The next time I would leave the ICU, I think, was Monday when things started to look up and then it was only to get something to eat. At one point they had so many bottles and things hooked up to her they had to use this overhead crane thing to hang a bottle from. A million tests, one round of dialysis and a ton of hard work by some wonderful doctors and nurses and she is stable, talking, eating and getting better by the second. She even insisted that I come home tonight and sleep in a bed instead of on a terribly uncomfortable window seat.

I haven't had the chance to read all the comments and well wishes yet because I am exhausted and probably won't get to it for a few more days but I would like to once again thank everybody :D
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

Damn I'm happy to hear that !!!! More good stuff to come I hope...I'll send some backup prayers just to seal the deal.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Plc Ryan
Novice

Post by Plc Ryan »

Sorry I'm late getting here but very happy to hear things are turning around. All the best wished to speedy recovery without any hiccups.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Glad to hear ..
Wow, thats the highest glucose reading I've ever heard.
Thank God the dialysis took. :thumbup:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Very good news!
Still sending prayers for a full recovery and good health :thumbup:
CaptMorgan
Bootlegger

Post by CaptMorgan »

Good to know they got her diagnosed properly and on her way to a full recovery. Wishing you both the best as time passes. Get some R & R, you both need and deserve it.
Lord, give me patience, but give it to me NOW!

2" x 38" Bokakob column head, 15 gallon keg boiler
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

We brought her home last night :ebiggrin: The kidney doctors say she should make a full recovery. She is a bit weak and very bruised up and we are going to have to have many doctors visits and tests in the future. There will also be some physical therapy but all the bad stuff is over. Her blood sugar has even been perfectly normal without insulin for the past 2 days. There is a possibility insulin may be in her future but we will have to wait and see. There is a real possibility that the ketoacidosis was caused by an infection she had a while back which could have acidified her blood, coupled with a medicine she was taking that has a known possibility of increasing cortisol, which can counter the effects of insulin resulting in runaway blood sugar levels.

For now we are just thankful she survived this whole thing. I am going to take the next week off work to just spend time together and count our blessings, one of which is you guys here :D and I would like to thank you guys one more time.
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Congrats! :thumbup: I'm glad to hear everything is going well!
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Great news, Cranky! Give your Mrs all our best. Prayers will continue for you and yours.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

We got your back .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Cranky I live several hours from you and am currently in Europe for a month but would be willing if at home to fix some meals for you and the misses or help out with any of your current needs. I am sure some of the members in the PNW that know you should be willing to help out so don't be afraid to ask!
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Youins are in my prayers circle

yall have been blessed
many folks dont get that sencond chance
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

That is GREAT news Cranky! Modern medicine will kill you. Keep a watch on yourself as well as your wife...ie don't let any little boogers slip up on you! Rest when possible.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Excellent..Good news!
Last edited by MoonBreath on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Thank you everybody, it is nice to have her home. The bruises are already healing and she is getting stronger by the minute. Fortunately my bosses are very understanding and I hoard time off so I had lots of available time off. Our insurance will also cover at least some in home care and PT if she is actually willing to let someone help with in home care. She is very stubborn and doesn't really like having to have help, she is OK with the PE but the in home care, well that's what I'm for :ewink: While I'm off we are going to work out meal plans and doctors and treatment and such. She also needs new glasses now because for some reason her vision actually got better during this whole thing and she can't use her current glasses anymore.
ga flatwoods wrote:That is GREAT news Cranky! Modern medicine will kill you. Keep a watch on yourself as well as your wife...ie don't let any little boogers slip up on you! Rest when possible.
GA Flatwoods
That is very true, we are both very distrustful of modern medicine.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Good to hear, Cranky! :clap:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

So glad to hear the good news, take care of her and yourself!
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Yesterday I showed her this thread, she is very touched by all your posts :D
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

cranky wrote:Yesterday I showed her this thread, she is very touched by all your posts :D
Well, I do not believe in prayers, for my god does not have ears. We are allowed to find our own solutions.
And of course I do not know you in real life.

But judging by what you told/showed us about your Significant Other Half she is a good match for you. So I think I would like her a lot and I wish her and you a long and healthy life. Live long and prosper. \\//
Soft batch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Soft batch »

Glad to hear she's on the mend, sounds like it was a close one. Enjoy every minute of life, you never know when your time is up.

Only been on for short periods lately (harvest time) and missed the original post.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Soft batch wrote:Glad to hear she's on the mend, sounds like it was a close one. Enjoy every minute of life, you never know when your time is up.

Only been on for short periods lately (harvest time) and missed the original post.
Thank you, she is well on her way back to normal with only minor issues left to still overcome :D
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

[quote="cranky"]Thank you everybody, it is nice to have her home. The bruises are already healing and she is getting stronger by the minute. Fortunately my bosses are very understanding and I hoard time off so I had lots of available time off. Our insurance will also cover at least some in home care and PT if she is actually willing to let someone help with in home care. She is very stubborn and doesn't really like having to have help, she is OK with the PE but the in home care, well that's what I'm for :ewink: While I'm off we are going to work out meal plans and doctors and treatment and such. She also needs new glasses now because for some reason her vision actually got better during this whole thing and she can't use her current glasses anymore.

Sorry I just saw this Cranky. Prayers going up for a COMPLETE recovery.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Havent been on much, sorry I missed this cranky. Wishing you both all the best and a speedy recovery back to full health for the Mrs
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Awesome news! I bet your both very relieved!

B