Baileys/Punkins Muck

Refined and tested recipes for all manner of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Baileys/Punkins Muck

Post by fizzix »

Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.
hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hpby98 »

fizzix wrote:Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.
Even better and lighter today!

I’d say 3 charges tho, not just two

Further tests will happen shortly.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

hpby98 wrote:
fizzix wrote:Good idea. People will freak out when I whip them up some Bailey's for their coffee while camping.

I must be the last bastard on the planet to know of this whip siphon thingy as everyone's heard of it 'cept me.
"Oh yeah, we got one of those," says everyone.
Looks like Santa will drop one down the chimney with 100 charges.
Three for Baileys, you say. Got it. I gotta thank you again for turning me on to this.
hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hpby98 »

fizzix wrote:
hpby98 wrote:

I must be the last bastard on the planet to know of this whip siphon thingy as everyone's heard of it 'cept me.
"Oh yeah, we got one of those," says everyone.
Looks like Santa will drop one down the chimney with 100 charges.
Three for Baileys, you say. Got it. I gotta thank you again for turning me on to this.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow is your friend. Super cheap cartridges too
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Appreciate it, but I'm sticking with the stainless steel model you first introduced. I despise cheap plastic parts.
Looks like the siphon can also speed infuse ethanol: e.g. Vanilla infused vodka in this article.
hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hpby98 »

fizzix wrote:Appreciate it, but I'm sticking with the stainless steel model you first introduced. I despise cheap plastic parts.
Looks like the siphon can also speed infuse ethanol: e.g. Vanilla infused vodka in this article.

First thing you need to do is this... Heston’s Perfect Fried Fish - I’ve never had anything even close in a restaurant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3Rrzrv8vU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

And for stainless you mean like these?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search ... urmet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

I found I could have saved 20-25% compared to amazon... exact same stuff.

Cheap n20 and co2 cartridges too
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Man, I sure value all your input on this, hpby98.
Batters, cakes, eggnog froth, and whipped Baileys.
Holy crap I'm gonna get fat and happy.
hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hpby98 »

fizzix wrote:Man, I sure value all your input on this, hpby98.
Batters, cakes, eggnog froth, and whipped Baileys.
Holy crap I'm gonna get fat and happy.

Funny that. It’s always Fat *and* happy

Versus skinny bitch...

Just a thought! I know where my toast is buttered.

Also, when you do the Fied Fish, do the same with chocolate / mini mars bars. And serve with whipped baileys. Man...!
Bearpig
Novice

Post by Bearpig »

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm assuming all these Baileys type cream/egg liqueurs have to be refrigerated.
Is there any way to get them to keep unrefrigerated?
Higher ABV? Preservatives? A substitute for the eggs? More condensed, or evaporated milk instead of cream? :think:

I'm thinking about Christmas gift ideas and some of the people on my list are the sipping kind that will make a bottle of liqueur last half a year :wtf:
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Woo-hoo! Santa must've been listening... and I was a good distiller this year.
whip siphon2.jpg
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Bearpig wrote:Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm assuming all these Baileys type cream/egg liqueurs have to be refrigerated.
Is there any way to get them to keep unrefrigerated?
Higher ABV? Preservatives? A substitute for the eggs? More condensed, or evaporated milk instead of cream? :think:

I'm thinking about Christmas gift ideas and some of the people on my list are the sipping kind that will make a bottle of liqueur last half a year :wtf:
Dunno; but it seems that cream liqueurs in general do not have to be refrigerated, but their shelf life is somewhat limited.
But after opening they would probably be best refrigerated, and used soon.

Geoff
The Baker
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Never known a batch of Punkins Muck to last long enough to go off.
Zeotropic
Rumrunner

Post by Zeotropic »

I just made some of this with double the chocolate syrup and I used home made vanilla extract and booners casual corn white whiskey that was aged in glass for over a year. It was really good! My wife loved it. I can't wait to see how it tastes after a day or two.
Bradster68
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bradster68 »

I'll be trying this weekend. 🍻
I drink so much now,on the back of my license it's a list of organs I need.
NormandieStill
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by NormandieStill »

Just made my first batch of this using a not very successful bourbon (Ended up very low proof going into the jar and after 18 months it was down to 42% and not at all the flavour profile I was targeting). Makes a very successful "muck" though. That's some Christmas presents sorted... although I might need to make some more a little closer to the date. 😁
"I have a potstill that smears like a fresh plowed coon on the highway" - Jimbo

A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

yup, my husband and I approve :thumbup: I didn't have any homemade stuff so I had to use store bought (used rum). I did double the chocolate syrup. when the directions said to shake before serving, I thought it would separate, but it doesn't. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

sadie33 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 am yup, my husband and I approve :thumbup: I didn't have any homemade stuff so I had to use store bought (used rum). I did double the chocolate syrup. when the directions said to shake before serving, I thought it would separate, but it doesn't. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
How does it work with rum Sadie? Taste/flavour wise I mean.

I've got my own well practiced house recipe for a whisky sipping cream that I make with corn/oat dog, and my daughter has asked about a rum version for over Xmas so I was thinking along the lines of coconut milk as the base...?
Make Booze, not War!
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

MooseMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:14 pm
sadie33 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 am yup, my husband and I approve :thumbup: I didn't have any homemade stuff so I had to use store bought (used rum). I did double the chocolate syrup. when the directions said to shake before serving, I thought it would separate, but it doesn't. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
How does it work with rum Sadie? Taste/flavour wise I mean.

I've got my own well practiced house recipe for a whisky sipping cream that I make with corn/oat dog, and my daughter has asked about a rum version for over Xmas so I was thinking along the lines of coconut milk as the base...?
It is really good. Are you thinking of replacing the sweetened condensed milk with something like cream of coconut, or using coconut milk instead of the whipping cream? I ended up using half and half instead of whipping cream because it was all I had. It was still nice and creamy.
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

Well, I use 2x small tins of sweetened and one std tin of evaporated milk per batch, so I was going to replace the sweetened for coconut cream yeah.
I don't use whipping cream in mine at all.

And it didn't taste odd with Rum instead of whisky?
Make Booze, not War!
sadie33
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sadie33 »

MooseMan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:42 pm Well, I use 2x small tins of sweetened and one std tin of evaporated milk per batch, so I was going to replace the sweetened for coconut cream yeah.
I don't use whipping cream in mine at all.

And it didn't taste odd with Rum instead of whisky?
I haven't had it with whiskey so I don't know the difference, but it didn't taste odd at all and tasted even better the 2nd and 3rd day.
MooseMan
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MooseMan »

I knocked up a Rum version today Sadie, it's all your fault!

Just experimental for now so I kept it simple but it worked well.

1 tin evaporated milk
1 tin "Caramel" condensed milk
1 shot Americano coffee
500ml Rum @48% ABV (SBB)

It's really nice!
My wife and I still prefer the version that I make with my Oat dog, as the flavour is more complex and has more of a warming effect, but the mother in law is over for a roast lunch today and loves it. She has already done 2 tumblers full and is on her way to a 3rd (To qualify that, it's 4pm on a Sunday afternoon here in Wales!)
Make Booze, not War!
jellybellyma
Novice

Post by jellybellyma »

My husband wanted some panty dropper for work but wasn't a fan when it was done... so I used ya'll as inspiration tonight and made a whopper of a strawberry sipping cream! Only thing I would change is to use a higher proof SPD to start, but I ran out of sweetened condensed milk.

I used:
3 farm egg whites beaten til foamy (beaten to about 3 times the volume)
Mixer still going as I slowly added 1 at a time:
2 cups 70 proof SPD
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Filled the empty can with whipping cream
1 tsp clear vanilla
2 Tbsp strawberry syrup

It is phenomenal!