Howdy From Texas!

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

JeRM
Novice

Howdy From Texas!

Post by JeRM »

Went ahead and took over my father’s 5 gallon still as it was being unused and wasted after being purchased. This is a man who struggles to work a TV remote, so a few pages of instructions scared him away from this hobby as he seemed to think it was rocket science. :mrgreen:

I’m interested in using peaches for fermentation, but in all honesty I’m a complete noob and unsure if that’s a thing or not. I’ve seen the shows and they seem to use all sorts of fruits, but no exact measurements of course.

I’ll search here for keywords and see what turns up, but I may just follow the instructions provided with the purchase for my first batch and see how that goes with mash, potatoes, sugar, tomatoes paste (??), yeast, and lemon juice (??).

Cheers!!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Howdy From Texas!

Post by Truckinbutch »

Welcome . Every thing you need to know is right here . Read 'til your eyes bleed and ignore what you have seen on those shows . A sugarhead is a good place to start learning the craft .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Howdy From Texas!

Post by Yonder »

Hey neighbor :wave: plenty of friends here to help and lots, LOTS to read. Go thru the novice section, the tried ‘n true recipes as a start. Might as well! It’s too damned hot even here in the Hill Country to venture out.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.