The liar's bench

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Re: The liar's bench

Post by jedneck »

FEEE9063-5283-44BC-9FB0-97DECE6A8806.jpeg
:wave:
Got this card in mail today. Little back story required. Few months ago at start of the beer virus I was hearing that food stuff was getting high in price. So I call a local dairy farmer to see if he has a cull cow i can buy to turn into burger for the community elders. He said they just sent one to auction but will call me when they have another.

So few weeks go buy and get call sayin they have a cull cow for me and they gonna sell her to me for 1/2 price. I tell em to bring her over I’ll take care of her.

Well next day rolls around n he pulls in to unload and says that him n wife talked and decided that they gonna give her to me.

Got her processed and boxed some up for few locals with medical issues and called senior citizen center to inform them i had a few hundred pounds of burger here for the elders. For the past 2 weeks I’ve had random elders come to shop for their share of burger.

The look of appreciation and smile along with “thank you “. Is all the payment required.

And rumor has it that the bench is makin a road trip in a month. Now where the jug.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Jedidiah you are one of those folks I am so proud to have as a friend :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:14 pm Jedidiah you are one of those folks I am so proud to have as a friend :thumbup:
As am I , Crow . And as well , you and many other folks I have met here .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

And rumor has it that the bench is makin a road trip in a month. Now where the jug. Should be still under the bench unless the mayor's 'sister/wife or the monkey has come around and lifted it .
I may be running solo with the bench . Wu Flu and caring for my son has me out of contact with others at present .
He's sleeping peacefully behind me as I post .
All looks good so far . Steroids he has to take for the next couple of weeks are causing him anxiety attacks that the Drs say will go away .
God is great and life is good .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

Good news, Butch.
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Truckinbutch wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:37 pm And rumor has it that the bench is makin a road trip in a month. Now where the jug. Should be still under the bench unless the mayor's 'sister/wife or the monkey has come around and lifted it .
I may be running solo with the bench . Wu Flu and caring for my son has me out of contact with others at present .
He's sleeping peacefully behind me as I post .
All looks good so far . Steroids he has to take for the next couple of weeks are causing him anxiety attacks that the Drs say will go away .
God is great and life is good .
Great News bout your son! Congrats and best wishes to you both,
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Your a good man TB , so glad everything is working out well for your son. So many good folks here on the bench wish I could meet you all at some point in time.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:14 pm Your a good man TB , so glad everything is working out well for your son. So many good folks here on the bench wish I could meet you all at some point in time.
All you got to do is get out of Cali , You'd be welcomed anywhere east of there .
Thanks for the good wishes .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Brought along a fresh jug for those that wish a nip .
Our son is doing fine . Finished the steroids today so the emotional rollercoaster he's been on should be slowing to a stop .
Oldest grandson stopped for a visit this evening with the purpose of trading me out of a Rossi .357 cal lever action carbine . We shook on a Mossberg 500 and some boot for my carbine .(His impatience . I had planned to give that to him in a year and a half when he turns 21 .)
Then he dropped his candy in the dirt :
I went down the hall to the bathroom and when I got in there he yelled ,"Hey , Pap ! You know that's a felony , don't you ?"
I came out of the bathroom and asked ,"What are you talking about ?"
"A grown man holding a little boy's peepee in the bathroom ................."
I'm going to my lawyer in the morning and change my will ...............
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Was gonna suggest that we get the critter fights started again but is just as entertaining and for time being safer for mankind watching the idjets wanting to run this country.

Now where id set that telefone generator.
big help
Dunder
Hambone
Rumrunner

Post by Hambone »

jedneck wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Now where id set that telefone generator.
Why? You going fishing, Jed? Call up some fish?
Good judgement is the result of experience.

Experience is usually the result of bad judgement..
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Jed , I don't believe a single one of them critters from the past could cause a tenth of the damage that this new breed of critters out there is causing, not even that wild monkey that Flatbush has hidden somewhere. I think these new ones are some kind of genetic mutation that warps the brain in strange directions.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Weird, *hic, I just got a call from “Deep Holler”, nobody on the other end. That’s how you come up on my phone when you call, Jed, I believe someone copped yer generator and’s trying to hack it.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 pm Jed , I don't believe a single one of them critters from the past could cause a tenth of the damage that this new breed of critters out there is causing, not even that wild monkey that Flatbush has hidden somewhere. I think these new ones are some kind of genetic mutation that warps the brain in strange directions.
You got that so right , Gal . This is a good time to consume alcohol because we couldn't handle this crazy shit sober .
Praise the LORD and pass the ammunition .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:14 pm Your a good man TB , so glad everything is working out well for your son. So many good folks here on the bench wish I could meet you all at some point in time.
Jed's place mid August would be a great place to meet all of us . Chris would be welcome , too , I'm sure .
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

You got that so right , Gal . This is a good time to consume alcohol because we couldn't handle this crazy shit sober .
Amen, brother, amen to that.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Amen, brother, amen to that.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

Truckinbutch wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm
Jed's place mid August would be a great place to meet all of us . Chris would be welcome , too , I'm sure .
Durn right. :thumbup: :thumbup:
big help
Dunder
Setsumi
Distiller

Post by Setsumi »

hi, guys... in my place it addresses both sexes... hi corene1. first time here, hope i am welcome. on another continent but share much of your ramble. no dont pass the juck, i had some already and going into 5 month of work from home.... with the wife and prohibition... my cuts are getting more dirty...
My first flute
My press
My twins
My controller
My wife tells me I fell from heaven covered in white. Why did they let me fall?
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:25 am
Truckinbutch wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm
Durn right. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sucks , but I got to back out of S3-20 at Jed's . My hospital has mandated a 14 day quarantine of patients that have traveled out of state .
Going to Jed's would prevent me from making a Dr's appointment that I really need to make in late August .
F^&%K ! And I already gathered the ingredients for a pan of my baked beans .
I will wear a S3 tee shirt to the dr appointment as a means of atonement .
Does that get me a pass ?
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Damn but it's been hot here. Hotter'n the hinges of hell, as would have it. Made the mistake of leaving my waterin' hose out on Saturday. Went to pick it up and scalded my hands! Well, not to let a bad situation go to waste, I mashed in a 15 gallon Uncle Jessies in the afternoon and still had enough hot water for a good Sunday bath. Then I got the hose rolled back up good.
We got nothin' but thick clay soil under a thin patch of topsoil here and it's prone to crack. Yeah, my house is off bubble now a bit but nothing good rubber soled shoes won't handle. Problem is the ground crackin'. Long cracks running through the back of my property now. Some pretty deep and more 'n a few wide. Deep? I was poking around in one of the middle sized ones with a long stick and something poked back! I got down and peeped into that crack and swear to Gawd it was somebody down there peeking back at me. Needless to say I left quick. Spent the night with my shotgun by the door.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Was it a Chinee lookin feller ?
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Purty dark down that crack but I’ll tell you,he had one wicked grin and awful shiny eyes. One thing I do know is I ain’t gettin’ near one of the big cracks!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

You got the potential of making a new friend with a proven mask to share .
Or, a dedicated enemy on his way up that crack to get you .
Either way ; I'd go cautious .
Flatwoods used to send his monkey out on recon .
Corene , on the other hand , just shot strangers on sight .
That don't gain you a lot of friends ; But, it sure eliminates your enemies .
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Ya know, I bet there is still some of those strange critters runnin round out there. I plum lost track of that ol ostrich I has for a while. I think he wound up back at Jimbo's place not sure though.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jedneck »

A
D1B1BBE9-7B72-4B56-BD63-147ED8C6205B.jpeg
I gots food cookin. 15 ish pound pork shoulder marinated with blackberry walnut. Be ready in 16 hours or so.
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

corene1 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:38 pm Ya know, I bet there is still some of those strange critters runnin round out there. I plum lost track of that ol ostrich I has for a while. I think he wound up back at Jimbo's place not sure though.
' at ostich was forever bad a while . Could you have been able to control it it would have won the games .
Looks like we are missin a good meal at Jed's this weekend .
Damn that Rona anyhow .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

IMG_20200816_004407.jpg
Y'all hung up on them ostriches eh, C'mon down this way. We use to have a problem with feral ostriches but once the cassowaries got through the old dingo fence they kicked em to pieces in no time, few ostriches left are timid and hiding out in the NSW desert areas. Now I know all birds descended from dinosaurs but cassowaries could open up the family album and show yaz the tree
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Think one of them killed a guy down in Florida recently .
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

I'd believe that. Scary birds them. I saw one smash a wooden shed in a zoo once. They don't sing like other birds do either.