signed up

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

ismbardbrunel123
Novice

signed up

Post by ismbardbrunel123 »

Hi all, Just like to introduce myself,from England... been doing home brew (grain and tinned malt) off and on for a few years, i have a few 19l beer kegs filled at the moment but not tried yet......decided i would like a go at making Whiskey as this is my favourite tipple at the moment.
Been lurking now for about a month, constantly reading on here, there more i read ,the less i realise i know... Heads, hearts and tails, when the missus saw those words, she thought it was a new card game :shock: :shock: .....
I have 2 lots of sugar wash in car bouys, 1 ujssm but with flaked corn, 1 ujssm with cracked corn, and 1 just pure powdered malt...all ready to go, nothing yet distilled as i'm waiting for my gallon of white vinegar to arrive, hopefully tomorrow.....I will be using propane, ss keg, with an all copper pot still on top off the keg......i have yet to run a still....very very apprehensive...i will be working from a very large poly tunnel
Picked loads of tips already off here, without even asking, there are some questions i have but will continue to hunt amongst the thousands of posts on here....i know you lot don't like repeating yourselves..well, got lots more reading to do, and am pretty sure you guys are busy yourself....thanks for reading....
Last edited by ismbardbrunel123 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
acfixer69
Global moderator

Re: signed up

Post by acfixer69 »

Welcome to HD. Happy to see your puttin in the required reading. When newbs asks a simple question that proves they put no effort in, they probably wouldn't understand the answer. Have fun and stay safe.
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: signed up

Post by Corsaire »

Welcome, and good luck on your first run!