Newbie from the Caribbean

New to distillation, or simply new to the HD forums.
** Your first post MUST go here. Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your interest in distilling. Any posts asking distilling questions will be deleted. **

Moderator: Site Moderator

tri_island
Novice

Newbie from the Caribbean

Post by tri_island »

Hello, I'm originally a chocolate maker from the UK/Caribbean now living in the Caribbean (Grenada) since 2016 to launch my own chocolate company.

I've collaborated (provided the raw material) with a local brewer and starting selling small scale a chocolate porter.

The island has a number of rum companies, x1 gin/vodka and x1 artisan brewery.

Due to Covid my business (like many) has completely fallen off a cliff, on my roadmap the plan was always to diversify and make a cocoa gin (like Hotel Chocolat/Locksey Distillery) or Chocolate Liqueur like Govida in collaboration with one of the distilleries on the island.

As they are all busy making their product or hand sanitiser, I come back to them with a recipe before they will free up time to help me produce my product hence why I've join this community in the hope I can test some tried and tested recipes or basic advice.

I'm yet to properly delve into the forum, as I only just stumbled across you. :D
Last edited by acfixer69 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed links not relavent to introduction
Bushman
Admin

Re: Newbie from the Caribbean

Post by Bushman »

Welcome, I always liked eating chocolate balls with alcohol in the center.
Demy
Master of Distillation

Post by Demy »

Chocolate and alcohol go hand in hand .. they are a good match. I occasionally make a delicious chocolate liqueur. Welcome!
WithOrWithoutU2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WithOrWithoutU2 »

Welcome.

I look forward to reading about your recipe development.

What type of chocolate products do you specialize in currently?
Xander
Novice

Post by Xander »

Hi, Tri_Island. I got a notification of your message here but nothing in my Inbox itself.

I did make it over to Grenada and had a great time. Was there for the Independence Day as well. Toured Rivers Antoine Distillery, Westerhall Estate Distillery and Belmont Estate chocolate company, as well as just "getting around".

The fellow that does distilling there is Canadian and only there part time. When I was last talking to him, he seemed more interested in working with chocolate up in Grenville than making rum in Woburn.