Diagrams and Plans Thread

Distillation methods and improvements.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bran
Novice

Re: Diagrams and Plans Thread

Post by Bran »

Probably I'm out of topic but, talking about drafts, I'ld like to share this about a prototype.
It's a new kind of distiller realized full size by a big Italian Distillery (Poli). The one described is a 50 liters but with all the industrial components: heating exchanger for steam, high vacuum pump, freezer for still.
Take a look to the column: it's without any plate, the flux is tuned only by the temperature control and the cooling system.
Hope to have some comments by the elders.
Attachments
schema sottovuoto.jpg
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Valve Plate Diagram
Valve Plate.png
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
spammy_h
Novice

Post by spammy_h »

Samohon wrote:Heres my current VM/Bok combo setup from another thread centering rings inside the column..

I take 1.8L per hour @ +96% abv @ 20°C from my parrot...
If I take +2L per hour, the abv is still +90% and the neutral/vodka is very very clean...

Heres a larger PDF...

Click to Download...

Hope it helps... :ewink:
So as a newbie I have a question - what's the VM going to the right vs. the distillate output from the boka head going to the left?

I'm sure there's a concept I'm missing here.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

beelah wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm You know what would be nice ifin someone could post a nice purdy picture of Rad's concentric pot still like the others on this thread. I can read all through the thread,and look at some of the pictures, but it would be a whole lot nicer and easier to understand if there was a nice cut open drawing like all the others here!
As mentioned at the start of this thread, please ask questions with a link in a new thread for any questions about this design. Please ask in the pot still build forum with a copy of this link.

The illustration shows the concept but no measurements have been assigned.
Concentric Still Head.png
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Bolverk
Trainee

Post by Bolverk »

While cruising the internet I found this really interesting older bokabob double column drawing, I'm not planning to build it or anything, just thought it was cool and wanted to share it.

I immediately thought with a few simple modifications this could be used kind of like a small coffey still.
Attachments
caca1867927bf97cb41a21a26d0fc7a1.jpg
There are two types of people in this world.
1. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete information.