Distillation methods and improvements.

Moderator: Site Moderator

hpby98
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mash / Wash Calculator & Estimator Spreadsheet v1.0b

Post by hpby98 »

Howdy All,

I have been working on a spreadsheet for my Sugar washes, which should apply to any Mash as well I think.

1) Nothing is locked in it - all formulas can be reviewed
2) Temperature calibration for SG is from here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/thre ... st-4481380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
3) It's part of a bigger workbook that I'm working on, formulas all work, just need to tidy a bit more

To Use:

It is in °C, and in litres. Although if you just ignore the word Litres in the heading and substitute Gallons it should work exactly the same. Changing to Farenheit would be a bit more work.

There is sample data - you can delete anything in the colored cells - but only edit the colored cells for best results please, as white cells will be formulas.

SG Calibration = 60°F is 15.55556°C and most modern Hydrometers should be calibrated for 60°F - check yours though
SG Multiplier = I've seen both 129 and 131 referenced.
Desired Final % = What proof you expect the end result to be, which will then be used to calculate approximate quantities for your runs
Size = Wash / Mash size in Litres
Goal = Final SG you're shooting for

I'll update as corrections are reported to me - and they are appreciated. I just got tired of flipping thru multiple places as I went along

Current Version is attached and is in OpenOffice Calc format - easily opened in whatever program you use, and is v1.0b

Excel Users - Quick Fix
After opening do a Find and Replace:
Find " =0 "
Replace with " =False "
Imgur link, as it is bigger than 1200 pixels

https://imgur.com/ryUo3pv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Attachments
Wash&Mash v1.0b.zip
Wash & Mash Estimator & Tracker v1.0b
(69.64 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Mash / Wash Calculator & Estimator Spreadsheet v1.0b

Post by cede »

Nice thanks.
hpby98
Site Donor