Apple cyser

Alcoholic beverages which are not classified as spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Shine0n
Distiller

Re: Apple cyser

Post by Shine0n »

Racking today of the traditional cyser and I'm letting it sit for 3 months undisturbed then bottling no matter what. It's going in 12oz bottles and crown caps so if I get a little carb I'll be fine.
I will stabilize it regardless but I've had one pop a cork even after.

This makes 27 gallons for the year!
Shine0n
Distiller

Re: Apple cyser

Post by Shine0n »

OK, the cyser with the malt is just way toooooo much, it's decent for a small glass but the malt is just way to much for me. A guy at the local Meadery loved it because he loves malt. I see it tasting more like colt 45 mixed with honey and an added bit of malt. Just to much for me, this will be in the mixed bag of shit ready to be run through the potstill with some other failed meads which I desperately hope there aren't that many. lol

I have a sour that's not quite rite either and that makes almost 5 gals of mead that don't make it as mead but should do just fine as a spirit.

The other cyser I made is perfectly fine, nice ballance of sweet and sour, bitter and can taste each of the honey and cider. It's now chillen in the carboy and will sit for a few months.
I did take a half gal and put a half vanilla bean in with some cinnamon sticks, I removed the sticks after 2 days and the bean after a week and it's very nice. Cloudy but a nice ballance of them and I'll let that rest for a short order. I don't care so much about appearance and I'd rather it taste nice than look good.
I went to a meadery yesterday and they had several meads that were cloudy and was like just taste it and if you don't like it, its free... Well none of them was worth refunding my money so it goes to show just because it ain't clear it won't taste good. put me in another perspective to say the least.
Most of what we see on the net is what folks want to see not what in reality happens.
90% of what I've made is right damn good, 10% is worth the still!!!