Fat Washed Butter Rum

Anything to do with rum

Moderator: Site Moderator

howie
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fat Washed Butter Rum

Post by howie »

stumbled across this fat washing technique.
anyone tried this?
https://www.theflavorbender.com/fat-was ... technique/
Kindafrench
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Fat Washed Butter Rum

Post by Kindafrench »

I had a not so funny experience with melting butter in the microwave. I put in the whole block and set it to max. power, which was 900 watts. The butter block exploded after about a minute. Well, lesson learned.
Chocolate likes to badly scorch if you treat it the same. :oops:

Interesting link, though I can‘t imagine the butter, bacon or whatever similar fatty aroma in my spirit.
I might try it out one day. Maybe served warm, together with a pice of cake. I used a tonka bean once, to get some vanilla taste in my whisky. I put it into the barrel and let it sit for 13 month. Carried over a bit too much, but everybody loves it.
RC Al
Swill Maker

Post by RC Al »

I have some poorly refluxed tpw from my beginner days that I added some bacon fat to, its not good, a side project on the back burner is to see if I can add cheese to it for a bacon cheeseburger taste, had a try with some Parmesan, but no real luck

we need a puke emoji lols
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Its beginning to sound truly awefull RC .....please dont throw it out .....Id love to think that one day it might end up on the table at one of our Aussie get togethers. I have about 60 bottles in my shed " left overs from previous gatherings" All are covered in a thick layer of dust but labeled with the name of the distiller as well as dated and what the bottle contains.
I'd really like to think that at least a little of this stuff could join the other bottles for historical reasons.
Believe me there is some real history in that collection.