120 proof Jamaican whites, making a golem (aging w/dominoes)

Anything to do with rum

Moderator: Site Moderator

distiller_dresden
Trainee

120 proof Jamaican whites, making a golem (aging w/dominoes)

Post by distiller_dresden »

So I am picking up some Hampden's Rum Fire Wednesday, several bottles and several more for a friend in CT. I'm also getting a bottle of Wray & Nephew, another funked 120 proof Jamaican white.

Has anybody tried aging some of these Jamaican white rums since they're already at 120 proof, with dominoes to make some aged Jamaican rum with funk intact? I got hold of some Stolen Overproof and it's a Hampden distillation as well, aged on oak, and I thought since these Hampden/Jamaican funk products are hard to come by aged... Why not try and make some of my own since they're at 60%?

Anybody every done this? Any reason why it wouldn't work as simply as having 120 proof rum and putting a domino in it, or getting enough to fill a BadMo barrel? It's not going to be 'mine' but once it's aged it's not theirs either, more like a take on some of the Japanese whiskeys and how they operate, some just do the aging or blending and don't distill it. I'd be getting basically in Rum Fire's case a Hampden distillation, then aging it as I saw fit, like I 'contracted' them to make a batch for me to age my way.

Thoughts?
I read, I write, I still.
The must interstitial man no Earth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Beerswimmer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 120 proof Jamaican whites, making a golem (aging w/domin

Post by Beerswimmer »

Should work, I don't see why not.
Ut Alii Vivant!!!!