musical talents

Moderator: Site Moderator

MadMasher
Swill Maker

Re: musical talents

Post by MadMasher »

My son has one he made from PVC, I say made but he really just painted it. It was a really fun and inexpensive project.
Last edited by MadMasher on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People talk about my drinking but never about my thirst.
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

Like a lot of you, I played then put the quitar down for 10+ years. For some reason I got inspired to pick it up again a couple of months back....it's quickly become an "addiction". The "rust" wore off my fingers just about the time the callouses started coming back, happy coincidence for sure. Used to play, classical, flaminco, delta blues mostly, but never really learned the connections of the notes and chords or theory behind the guitar. This time around I'm "free-styling", so to speak, learning the neck rather than songs note for note. Recently discovered the "Caged" system for chords and all the pentatonic scale shapes.....also, the cigar-box-guitar...gotta have one of those next!!
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Here’s two of my babies. I’ve got 4 more, a mix of acoustic and electric. I play with a few pedals and a fender amp.
2370ECD1-761B-4402-B4D4-7809166C754E.png
F4EA2B97-0FCC-407A-8840-DB133AA87153.png
Playing guitar has been a hobby for many a year. Years ago I bought some studio time and made a CD. Pretty amateur stuff when I go back and listen to it but it was fun.
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine