Starlock blades for multitools

Moderator: Site Moderator

kaziel
Swill Maker

Starlock blades for multitools

Post by kaziel »

Hello!!! I've got Fein's Multimaster FMM250Q with starlock fitting system. Recently I've came across some nice blades and sanding add-ons from BOSCH. I'm not sure if they are compatible. I can't find any technical drawings for them in internet. Maybe some one knows if they will match or has those BOSCH blades and can provide dimensions of them?
This is my equipment
fein1.png
fein2.png
this I can get online - if this would be available in regular store I would ask clerk to open one for me and measure it myself 8)
bosch.png
Vodka consumed wisely is harmless even in large amounts.
My all stainless 2" VM still
My all stainless 2" pot still with Dimroth condenser SS Pot Still
My malt mill - two roller - DIY
My keggle - mash/filter tun
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Starlock blades for multitools

Post by Expat »

They're compatible, Bosch and Fein invented the standard together.

Reference: https://www.kelvinpowertools.com/blog/b ... ock-system

Everything I've tried on my multi has confirmed that also; the rando chinesium blades fit even if they're shit. I wouldn't think twice about Fein, as long as the type fits your purpose.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

I also have the FEIN oscillating tool, which I've had since they were the only one manufacturing that kind of tool. Since then, the market has been flooded with "clone" oscillating tools like the Fein Tool, (but most are of way inferior construction than the well-made Fein Tool.) And to answer your question, yes, those other "aftermarket" blades will work with all of those star mount oscillating tools. I'd look on line to get good bundle prices on blades, but I will say to look carefully before buying. A lot of them are very cheaply made and even though they are cheaper, and seem like a good deal, they don't last as long.
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
kaziel
Swill Maker

Post by kaziel »

Thank you both Euphoria and Expat. I'm planning to renew my handrail next to stairs. On my online store one guy has some nice addons
sanding bosch.png
sanding bosch2.png
I think this will work fine but I would like to also buy some blades and other and pay for delivery only once. I've email a guy who is selling those I've provided my measurements because up till now I was only using Fein's blades - guy replay "They won't fit". How ignorant can you be - you want to sell stuff right? At least I would like to sell as much as possible if I would run online store.
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

kaziel wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:28 am I'm planning to renew my handrail next to stairs.
If you're looking to get a surface off detail, a chemical stripper is probably the best option. Its going to save you a ton of time and dust, while not removing any of the wood. No fumes really but well ventilated is recommended and be sure to cover the surfaces underneath as the stuff eats everything.
Last edited by Expat on Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd

Post by kaziel »

Expat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 am
kaziel wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:28 am I'm planning to renew my handrail next to stairs.
If you're looking to get a surface off detail, a chemical stripper is probably the best option. Its going to save you a ton of time and dust, while not removing any of the wood. No fumes really but well ventilated and be sure to cover the surfaces underneath as the stuff.
Thank you for tip. This handrail is damage and have a lot of small cavities. I got tree kids and they use to write on some parts 8) . I got ink of but you can still see some lines. But for some parts chemical stripper sounds better. I do also own Fein's dust extractor that is mounted below sanding head - this is really helpful and saves you lot of cleaning and mess. :thumbup: