Old Irish Creme recipe- searched but can't find.

Sweetened spirits with various flavors

Moderator: Site Moderator

paintball
Novice

Old Irish Creme recipe- searched but can't find.

Post by paintball »

Hi, haven't been on here in ages but I'm making the great Irish Creme batch I got on here. It used Eagles brand sweet milk, eggs!, heavy whipping creme and of course chocolate syrup and maybe a little vanilla extract. I have forgotten the exact measurements of each to make a couple of gallons, Christmas presents, of this wonderful recipe. Also, I remember there was a limit to the strength of the ABV one could add to this before cruddiling the cream. Any help much appreciated.
What it is, what it was, what it never will be again. 'mise well enjoy it now!
cayars
Distiller

Re: Old Irish Creme recipe- searched but can't find.

Post by cayars »

Perhaps, this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15
Programmer specializing in process control for ExxonMobil (ethanol refinery control), WT, Omron, Bosch, Honeywell & Boeing.
More than a decade working for NASA & FAA Tech with computer code used on Space Shuttles and some airline flight recorders.
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

I haven't tried that recipe but this one is very easy and quite tasty:
In blender mix:
1½ cups Irish whiskey (such as Jameson)
One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 teaspoons instant coffee

Transfer to bowl and mix in 1½ cups heavy cream until smooth.
Bottle
Programmer specializing in process control for ExxonMobil (ethanol refinery control), WT, Omron, Bosch, Honeywell & Boeing.
More than a decade working for NASA & FAA Tech with computer code used on Space Shuttles and some airline flight recorders.
paintball
Novice

Post by paintball »

Thanks cayers, both sound great. The thing that seems to set the recipe I remember was the eggs in it. It may have been just the yolks, cant remember. There was discussion about brown egg versus white eggs and I tried both with the brown eggs getting the nod. It did not have any instant coffee and if I remember right I could use up to a 80 proof, 40%, straight whisky in it and it did not crudle. It was deceptively strong and everyone loved it.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Or this one,, way back when..

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8337

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

Try a couple of different recipes in small amounts and see what you like.
I just did a google search and found a couple of other recipes as well, some as Youtube videos.

You should be able to play with ingredient amounts to fine tune it to your liking!
IE, Needs more almond, needs less almond, more vanilla, more coffee, less chocolate, etc..

Post back when you try and find what you're looking for as there isn't a lot on here about "Irish Creme" and you might help the next guy or me. :)
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Here's a links with a few links on different Bailey's recipes..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59668&p=7385523&hil ... s#p7385523

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

StillerBoy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:23 pm Or this one,, way back when..
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8337
Mars
Pretty much what I use tweeked to my tastes but don't use any B grade spirit thinking you can disguise the flavour. Coke might mask errors but I can promise you this recipe does not :lolno:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Or this one.. which uses brown eggs..

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/2 ... ish-cream/

Mars

– Albert Einstein
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I can vouch for this one from PipeWelder316: Baileys Irish Cream Clone
Tastes really good from a whipped cream dispenser on desserts, too.

image.png
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

You don't have to use your finest aged whiskey in it for your friends, especially greedy friends, especially late in the evening and especially for the drunken PITA who tells you that everything you make is the finest (insert drink here) that he has ever tasted, and that he is the expert.

You can use the basic recipe with a variety of likkers. I've used rum, whiskey, fruit schnapps and reprocessed feints, and never heard a bad word said about any of them. Raspberry always gets rave reviews from the ladies. I quite like it myself.
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

NZChris, which spirit is your personal favorite used as the base? If whiskey any particular style?
Just wondering what might be better or worth trying besides "Irish" style whiskey.

You guys got me wanting to make a batch or two. :)
Just 4 Fun
Novice

Post by Just 4 Fun »

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 2⁄3 cups 40 - 45 percent whiskey (homemade of course)
• 1 cup half & half or heavy cream
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée for 30 sec.
2. Transfer mixture to an airtight bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Shake well before using.

This is the recipe I’ve been using for a couple years now and can’t seem to make enough of it over the holidays.
Just because it's called a liver doesn't mean it lives forever.
Just 4 Fun
Novice

Post by Just 4 Fun »

cayars wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:50 am NZChris, which spirit is your personal favorite used as the base? If whiskey any particular style?
Just wondering what might be better or worth trying besides "Irish" style whiskey.

I mostly use cornflake or raisin bran whiskey for this.
Just because it's called a liver doesn't mean it lives forever.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

cayars wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:50 am NZChris, which spirit is your personal favorite used as the base? If whiskey any particular style?

Raspberries & Cream, the base spirit some pot stilled Birdwatchers heart cut, or some bourbon, run though a gin basket full of frozen raspberries.
paintball
Novice

Post by paintball »

OK, found the recipe on an old computer but Im sure I got it from this site.
Its a simple one,..
3 eggs whipped till fluffy
then add 2 cups of 40% single malt oak soaked whisky and mix it well in,
then add 1 can sweetened condensed milk, I use Eagles brand. Cheap or imitation don't seem to cut it.
Then add the ame amount, 14ozs, of heavy whipping creme.
Then add 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup and 1 teaspoon of a quality vanilla extract.
Buy whipping creme that has the longest date of use because that's how long this mix will last. Refrigerate.
The eggs add something that is noticeable when they are not added. I found brown eggs also seems to taste better than white ones. I suppose organic ones might even taste better,. Im going to find out soon. Thanks all.