coconut

Sweetened spirits with various flavors

Moderator: Site Moderator

icrazy
Novice

coconut

Post by icrazy »

So i'm whey intolerant but wanted to make something creamy and thought id share my recipes

First recipe is a coconut neutral which i make similar to a limoncello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coconeutral

500 mills of 90% or higher neutral
300 grams of sugar
1/3 of a cocunut blended up finely
filtered water

soak coconut and cocunut essence in 90% alcahol for 1 week in a 1.5 litre jar
then add 300grams of sugar to 500mills of water and boil for 5 min
cool sugar mixture and add to alcahol in 1.5 litre jar leave to soak another week
strain mixture through a coffee filter (or cloth if you like some fat on top) and bottle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then i use this and whiskey to make an almost dairy free coconut irish cream. (except the chocolate sauce)
Coconut irish cream

1 cup whiskey
1/2 cup coconeutral
1.5 cans coconut cream
1/2 cup of 1to1 sugar syrup
1 tsp natural vanilla essence
1/4 tsp natural almond essence
2 tbs chocolate sauce

When buying the coconut cream check it by shaking, you want one that's solid
then with the first full can scoop out the cream but leave the water behind with the second can mix it all together and take half the can

mix all ingredients in a blender except whiskey and coconeutral then set blender going and slowly add whiskey and coconeutral.
It is much harder to curdle than the milk version but i still like to do it slowly